What's new

Jade General Discussion Thread

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
Does anyone actually play Jaded? Doesn’t seem to offer anything significant other than maybe a run?

seanpon

Noob
Does anyone actually play Jaded? Doesn’t seem to offer anything significant other than maybe a run?
Vman plays her, he's actually really good too. But other than him, i can't think of anyone else. I was wondering if Jaded would help cover some of her bad match ups like against Shang Tsung, but the problem is no one really uses that variation. I wish they gave jade better frames on her run cancels and maybe it would be more viable, but as of now that variation seems like a flush.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Vman plays her, he's actually really good too. But other than him, i can't think of anyone else. I was wondering if Jaded would help cover some of her bad match ups like against Shang Tsung, but the problem is no one really uses that variation. I wish they gave jade better frames on her run cancels and maybe it would be more viable, but as of now that variation seems like a flush.
Does Vman have a youtube or is there some match footage of his?

seanpon

Noob
Stop letting Scorpion and Geras (as well as others) D1~throw or D1 D1 you to death. Use Jade's Parry to force them to actually think...or face the consequences.

Its hard enough already to check a masher with your own D1 after they keep mashing D1 online, but it will be even harder to input Down, back, 4. And parry is still 12 frame start up. I think its better just to stick with hitting the D1 than doing the input for parry considering its longer and parry is 12 frames.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Its hard enough already to check a masher with your own D1 after they keep mashing D1 online, but it will be even harder to input Down, back, 4. And parry is still 12 frame start up. I think its better just to stick with hitting the D1 than doing the input for parry considering its longer and parry is 12 frames.
Only thing this benefits is it allows you to abuse the reversal window.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
It's an OS against d1-throw and most jabs / mids so you teach the opponent to use a low or jump, both of which is controlled by a correctly spaced b3,bf2.
I've had low level opponents lock up and block grudgingly against me after I applied this trick. High level players still hit you with their best low and if that leads into a combo you have to be careful but as TaC said, this works fine for online mashers.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Jade's Shadow Kick needs the following changes:

• Can be meterburned even if it whiffs
  • Can be done in the air
  • Launches for a 50% combo on meterburn
  • The meterburn tracks and has hit priority over any other move.
This will make it a bit weaker than Scorpion's teleport but it will make her competitive.

Last edited:

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Jade's Shadow Kick needs the following changes:

• Can be meterburned even if it whiffs
  • Launches for a 50% combo on meterburn
  • The meterburn tracks and has hit priority over any other move.
This will make it a bit weaker than Scorpion's teleport but it will make her competitive.
Don't forget to make it a mid and come from the other side of the screen. Otherwise it'd clearly be shit.

Afumba

Noob
Why stop there... give it a cancel which can be done after regular and after AMP Shadowkick. Cancel ofc puts you either at close range, at b2 max range or fullscreen. Gotta have options guys :)

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Added: Can be done in the air. Forgot that one.
I'm just imagining Jade jumping in the air, the opponent expecting an air Glaive, and suddenly Jade flying sidekicks from behind them but puts her leg down to grab them instead.

Man, that'd be so silly. Good thing that isnt in the game.

seanpon

Noob
Scorpion isn't the only character now that hard counters jade. Shang is also pretty tough for her. Its ridiculous how corpse drop amplified does 15%, almost as much as a jade BnB lol. And corpse drop fucks up Jade's entire game plan against Shang. Shang's corpse drop needs to be touched, or else playing Jade against Shang is extremely unfun and oppressive.

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
Stop letting Scorpion and Geras (as well as others) D1~throw or D1 D1 you to death. Use Jade's Parry to force them to actually think...or face the consequences.

Just want to say, I incorporated this into my game today and it worked a couple of times. It's not 100% (online, what are you gonna do) but it did help against a few D1 spammers and the damage off amped parry is a pretty nice way to make people think twice.

TY for the QUALITY POST

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
Scorpion isn't the only character now that hard counters jade. Shang is also pretty tough for her. Its ridiculous how corpse drop amplified does 15%, almost as much as a jade BnB lol. And corpse drop fucks up Jade's entire game plan against Shang. Shang's corpse drop needs to be touched, or else playing Jade against Shang is extremely unfun and oppressive.
Saw a well known Scorpion main insisting the match was 5-5 edging in Jade's favor.

There is just no reasoning with some people

Afumba

Noob
Yea, i think Shang is worse than Scorpion. He just destroys her. Its an extremly uphill battle.

John_NX

Your circumstances are dire!
I just don't really understand how shang Shung (labeled as a zoner, as far as I see) can do almost 300 damage (and even more) with his zoning capabilities and neutral moves but Jade can do less than 200 on a punish and only reach his damage with her F2. I just don't get what the difference is? Is it because of the glow? I don't think so. I really don't understand the logic of the developers.

Afumba

Noob
I just don't really understand how shang Shung (labeled as a zoner, as far as I see) can do almost 300 damage (and even more) with his zoning capabilities and neutral moves but Jade can do less than 200 on a punish and only reach his damage with her F2. I just don't get what the difference is? Is it because of the glow? I don't think so. I really don't understand the logic of the developers.
Its cuz he is DLC. ;)