What's new

Jade General Discussion Thread

seanpon

Noob

Jade's parry is so wonky, you can clearly see Vman did the parry here at 4:18 and the animation comes out but he still gets hit. Her parry seems very useless at the moment, like it has to be a very HARD read for you to ever hit someone with her parry.

But goddamn the pole vault variation looks so fun, it feels so "crunchy" every time you hit someone with a pole vault.

Last edited:

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero

Jade's parry is so wonky, you can clearly see Vman did the parry here at 4:18 and the animation comes out but he still gets hit. Her parry seems very useless at the moment, like it has to be a very HARD read for you to ever hit someone with her parry.

But goddamn the pole vault variation looks so fun, it feels so "crunchy" every time you hit someone with a pole vault.
Just watched this. Good stuff. Probably experiment some with it soon.

I'm very optimistic regarding Jade's future in this game. She is so close to being legit with some few OBVIOUS tweaks.
I liked how VMan baited raptor and did B343*MB glaive, Cassie rushed right into the delayed glaive and Jade was still plus for more pressure towards the corner.

Just watched this. Good stuff. Probably experiment some with it soon.

I'm very optimistic regarding Jade's future in this game. She is so close to being legit with some few OBVIOUS tweaks.
I liked how VMan baited raptor and did B343*MB glaive, Cassie rushed right into the delayed glaive and Jade was still plus for more pressure towards the corner.
MB Glaive can be interrupted. If you are referring to the moment I think you are, jade should have gotten blown up for that if that Cassie player knew that.

Hey all, I know there are a lot of you here so I wanted to ask for volunteers. I need at least 5 PSN Jade players to host some match up Gauntlets. Please let me know who is interested, either variation is fine as well.

Again this is a training exercise, please use this as such so that we can all level up. I'll stream the exhibition after we get some skirmishes in to remove some character unfamiliarity. All skill levels welcome so we can see varied stratagems.

Espio

Kokomo
Hey all, I know there are a lot of you here so I wanted to ask for volunteers. I need at least 5 PSN Jade players to host some match up Gauntlets. Please let me know who is interested, either variation is fine as well.

Again this is a training exercise, please use this as such so that we can all level up. I'll stream the exhibition after we get some skirmishes in to remove some character unfamiliarity. All skill levels welcome so we can see varied stratagems.

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main
Heh, Jade's standing UpRangAMP is also over +20 on block (and on hit)... Hits mid from Range3 and further, jailing into stuff (same way as her AirRang), will catch parries and backdashes... and Fatal Blows too why not.

There's some synergy with F2 here too.. F2 gets a set-up with this, I'll leave the labbing to you.
Haven't seen any Jade players use this as an offensive option. and I just figured this out. Seems pretty good.

I'm sure you all know what I mean, but here's a quick video anyway:

Damn still no psn Jade players willing to play match ups. Anyway after using more of the cast and scouring the forums, it seems like most the other characters are having difficulty vs Jade. I just want to test this more in real time.

So far I feel confident with her against the people I have played so far. Who again are we having a hard time against?

I've heard scorpion which I understand with the teleport. Up close he doesn't seem to get anything free though. I hadn't played any really good reborns yet. Buy searing rage seems to have to take more risks then us to keep up with the block wars.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Damn still no psn Jade players willing to play match ups. Anyway after using more of the cast and scouring the forums, it seems like most the other characters are having difficulty vs Jade. I just want to test this more in real time.

So far I feel confident with her against the people I have played so far. Who again are we having a hard time against?

I've heard scorpion which I understand with the teleport. Up close he doesn't seem to get anything free though. I hadn't played any really good reborns yet. Buy searing rage seems to have to take more risks then us to keep up with the block wars.
You need Jades or ppl to play vs Jades?

I used to play Jade but I pretty much don't anymore. I got too bored and felt I was going nowhere with the character. I played vs Espio's and got dunked on for like 20 games. lmao

Looking for 5 Jade players on PSN to play out match ups. I guess all the Jade mains went into hiding or only play on Xbox steam etc.

Well I need 5 players to skirmish a bit first to get used to the match up then I'll set a date. But so far I have only one volunteer @Espio . So yeah, guess I'll have to delay Jade's match up knowledge until then. Just trying to share more information on this forum.

MK9

Noob
Not sure if this has been discussed, but being a stick player and using this in the arcade days it still works as a short cut. Mk3 cyrax string was able to be perform as hp and than just mash hp+hi together.

If people have input issues with jades b343, you just can do b3 b3+4 and you will get the 3 hits, hit b3+4 and you will get the last hit.

Also work with that Erron black string that people complain about. Just do first attack than just combine both attack’s 2 times and you will get full combo