What's new

Jade General Discussion Thread

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Again speaking from an online perspective, would instant glow be any less cheap then the current air Boomerang situation is against normal characters? But I can definitely see the argument. And honestly I think it's it's a choice between being broken in the air and broken on the ground I'd rather be broken on the ground to normalize the strategies. Against the rest of the cast that is.
I think NRS games drop the ball with how specials are often more compelling than normals in some characters' gameplans but if we learned anything it's that characters with good normals are those that stay top tier for the entirety of the game.
This is why I'd prefer Jade to have a better overall kit and less dominant air glaive play.

The air glaive is strong because it dissuades people from trying to anti air jade's jump-ins, so once a person is conditioned you can kind of jump in for free. Ironically, I'd say this makes her Emerald Defender the superior choice for both aggressive and keepaway styles of play. The pole vault variation is just lacking a solid purpose atm; it should grant her more damage at the very least.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
@AK Harold @THTB
How do you deal with online Jax as Jade?
He feels + on block online with F33 and D1, and I find it impossible to poke out of that shit, constantly eating overhead if I try to.

@GLoRToR Honestly can't help you with online tactics.

I care more about preparing to win offline then beating randoms online. If people use online tactics I just keep playing into it legit win or lose. But above all I avoid playing random online.

If they are just mashing D1 etc. Or "reacting"to your D1 then just avoid that scenario and try to learn something else from the set.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
@GLoRToR Honestly can't help you with online tactics.

I care more about preparing to win offline then beating randoms online. If people use online tactics I just keep playing into it legit win or lose. But above all I avoid playing random online.

If they are just mashing D1 etc. Or "reacting"to your D1 then just avoid that scenario and try to learn something else from the set.
Yeah after dunking him with glaives and repeatedly failing to poke out I just gave up tbh. Not fun, not productive.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Playing online beats not playing anyone offline which most of us aren't fortunate to have a sparing partner, it's why I prefer to play cool people from here. Randoms just bitch when they lose.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Playing online beats not playing anyone offline which most of us aren't fortunate to have a sparing partner, it's why I prefer to play cool people from here. Randoms just bitch when they lose.
I bitch when I lose to bullshit that makes no sense tbh.
This jax player doing nothing but d1 f3 f33 f2 just pissed me off. I don't want to keep running away and throwing glaives like a moron that's not how fighting games are played.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
This jax player doing nothing but d1 f3 f33 f2 just pissed me off. I don't want to keep running away and throwing glaives like a moron that's not how fighting games are played.
A fighting game isn’t “meant” to be played any specific way. I’d get out of that mindset right now, because it’s not going to do anything but hurt you.

Last edited:

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
This is why you think Jade has all these issues - she's probably just not your playstyle. Jade wins, you just have to run away and play lame the whole time. Don't force the wrong shoe to fit, you're allowed to pick different characters.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
A fighting game isn’t “meant” to be played any specific way. I’d get out of that mindset right now, because it’s not going to do anything but hurt you.
I'll put it this way then. There is only so many times you can keep throwing glaives with Jade before they get in and then they'll be in and you'll be in the same situation as if you aren't jumping away and throwing glaives but actually playing fundamentals. An opponent that can't get in on you isn't worth fighting. An opponent that can get in on you won't be bothered by a few random projectiles and they'll treat it as an obstacle course.

The annoying part about Jade's game plan right now is that Air Glaive is so good that it justifies why most of her normals are average at best, with the notable exception of her d4 obviously.

But if we learned anything from fighting games in all these years is that it's not characters who have excuses why they shouldn't have good normals that make it to the list of good characters by the end of a game's life cycle, but those which do have good normals.

So I advocate keeping her zoning to a variation and getting her better normals than what she has now.

Obstacle courses can be learned. Zoning of Jade's kind can easily be learned and gotten past.
And then she's dead.

Last edited:

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yeah no worries I wasn't referring to you or anyone one on here that I've played. Just people online in general, though I will say I'm not a believer of the whole "this is how you play" for me if the game has it, use it. I can do combos, pokes etc but I prefer to keep people far with the tools I'm given as well. I'm a believer of play to win so long as theres no cheating involved. I love to zone so I master keeping others away as best I can.

seanpon

Noob
@GLoRToR it sounds like you want a rework of the character? but her normals fit her playstyle, they are defensive and reactionary. B2 is great for whiff punishing and D4 annoys the hell out of an opponent. B3 staggers are also pretty good. I just wish it was easier to hit confirm the 1,2,4 krushing blow and F4, 1 was safe. Her air glaive actually makes her unique in this game, she's one of the better airborne characters and air glaive helps her dictate the course of some match ups.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
@GLoRToR it sounds like you want a rework of the character? but her normals fit her playstyle, they are defensive and reactionary. B2 is great for whiff punishing and D4 annoys the hell out of an opponent. B3 staggers are also pretty good. I just wish it was easier to hit confirm the 1,2,4 krushing blow and F4, 1 was safe. Her air glaive actually makes her unique in this game, she's one of the better airborne characters and air glaive helps her dictate the course of some match ups.
Realistically that's just not happening. What I want is a proper punish.
She'll never have as good normals as say Jax or Baraka or Kabal.

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
Jades highest block advantage is +3 from S4, but the start up is longer than S1 and S2. If it does hit whilst blocked you can follow up with S1, 2 or 3 but that's only if S4 doesn't get punished due to the amount of start up.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
So trying Jade now and notice something.

Why in da bloody hell is her s3 a HIGH ?!QUESTION MARK?! It has the exact animation as Cassie's F4 which is a MID and Jade's s3 kick doesnt even hit the face. That shit needs to be changed to a mid attack. NRS please!

seanpon

Noob

Why in da bloody hell is her s3 a HIGH ?!QUESTION MARK?! It has the exact animation as Cassie's F4 which is a MID and Jade's s3 kick doesnt even hit the face. That shit needs to be changed to a mid attack. NRS please!
yeah, as of now her stand 3 feels like a useless button

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
I've found S3 works occasionally in neutral to give more space if opponent blocking. There's a fair amount of pushback on S3. But yeah...since it's a high it can also get blown the eff up.

It’s common for all standing buttons to be high in NRS games. If they fixed the damn hitbox issues I wouldn’t even care.

I've found S3 works occasionally in neutral to give more space if opponent blocking. There's a fair amount of pushback on S3. But yeah...since it's a high it can also get blown the eff up.
I use s3 after d1/d3 on hit. Allows you to continue keep away game. I mix up with b3 to check neutral crouch.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
I said the same thing. It should be what b3 is so we don't have to do d1,b3 just d1,343
The number of times you get b4 online because d1b343 being jank is not even funny.
10000% agreed. ESP in light of how damn easy to execute other characters safe/stagger strings are. cough lui kang cough