What's new

Strategy Jade Frame Data

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I don
She has here place in MUs if you already know how to play her, plus she alot of fun

Problem is, there is no real reason to pick her up over other characters
I don't know man...timing her flash appropriately while zoning can totally shut down many characters and my god that Glow...that Glow! I've timed Glow in the middle of strings and have totally changed matches around due to this one move. I honestly think Jade needs two things: higher damage and for the overhead slam to link to 12. My team for MK9 is Kitana, Sindel, Skarlet, and Jade...I'm gonna go on record and say that people aren't using Glow when they should, I believe it to be the single best special in the game (when used at the right time)! :)

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I don

I don't know man...timing her flash appropriately while zoning can totally shut down many characters and my god that Glow...that Glow! I've timed Glow in the middle of strings and have totally changed matches around due to this one move. I honestly think Jade needs two things: higher damage and for the overhead slam to link to 12. My team for MK9 is Kitana, Sindel, Skarlet, and Jade...I'm gonna go on record and say that people aren't using Glow when they should, I believe it to be the single best special in the game (when used at the right time)! :)
The right time for Glow is - a gap of 1 frame :)

CompletelyJaded

Whiffmaker
Useful/useless ratio only shows that she has no single best string. Incidently few of her normals beat other people's normals/specials consistently, most of them are easy to punish. So it's not that her strings are useless, just subpar.

Espio

Kokomo
For some odd reason...I actually really like 342. I know it's useless but I love the way it just flings them, the opponent almost never sees it coming, and it gives me some nice breathing room. I'm really liking Jade and do not believe this "she's not tournament viable" rubbish.
Yay <3 I'm so glad more people are starting to believe in her and actually playing the character. On top of her lovely tools, she's fun.

She has an assortment of great tools going for her, such as flash/glow, her great shadow kick and some good strings like 1,2 shadow kick and 4 forward 3.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Yay <3 I'm so glad more people are starting to believe in her and actually playing the character. On top of her lovely tools, she's fun.

She has an assortment of great tools going for her, such as flash/glow, her great shadow kick and some good strings like 1,2 shadow kick and 4 forward 3.
Well, to be perfectly honest, Jade has always been my second favorite character behind Kitana and the fact that I haven't bothered to pick her up in this game is absurd. People need to realize that the placebo affect is very powerful and if you get a bunch of "knowledgeable" people saying she is shit it's only basic human nature to start to see that. I'm on board now!

Espio

Kokomo
Well, to be perfectly honest, Jade has always been my second favorite character behind Kitana and the fact that I haven't bothered to pick her up in this game is absurd. People need to realize that the placebo affect is very powerful and if you get a bunch of "knowledgeable" people saying she is shit it's only basic human nature to start to see that. I'm on board now!
Exactly right, I did that when I first got the game, I played Jade since April and everyone kept saying how horrendous she was, so I kind of drifted away from her.

I even started blaming her for some of my losses and not really playing her, except on a blue moon (this was in my really lame scrub days lol). I finally sat down two months ago and said, "Jade's awesome, who cares if people think she's trash, she's going to be my number 2 character".

It's nice to just play a character you love and ignore their tier placement, I can actually compete against legit players with her now that I took responsibility as a player. When I lose with her, either I got outplayed or my own errors. I

It's not the character, it's the player that matters.

We need to play again soon, so you can blow me up with Jade among your other deadly sistas:).

CompletelyJaded

Whiffmaker
Does anyone else feel that if this character had more stuff that left her at advantage on block she would be a hell of a lot better? Not even a lot of advantage just a little.
And her strings to click better, too. Right now you won't REACH the 0 blk part because they just disrespect your frames and you're fucked.

VIDA

Focused Grace and Intensity
Hi there is a Jade player Ive been playing offline. Whenever he does his pressure strings he goes into d3 pokes into something else (not d1 or d3)/ Now Im looking at the frame data and it says d3 is -7 on block, and its cancel adv on block is +2. Im using Kitana's d1 to poke out yet its always getting stuffed, and I have to wait until the shadoow kick comes out to poke out.

Im not sure how to understand cancel adv on block anyway but in either case, shouldnt Kitana's d1 be poking out in these pressure situations when Ive made her crouch block BOTH d3s? I dont feel like Im pressing the button too slow. Am I pressing it two frames too soon (bc of the +2)?

There;s aslo another string she does where it feels like adv on block at the end but it cant be since her best adv on block strings is zero. My Kitana cant d1 when he follows that one with a crouch poke.

And on that note can any1 tell me a good way to poke out of her pressure situations anyways? Seems like I have to wait till I visually see 1,2 so that the second hit whiffs on crouch block, or till I see a shadow charge.

Any help would be appreciated.

davidovitch

In Europe!
Question: What would Jade's options against a fast character up close be after a poke?

Let's say I hit Kung Lao with d3 while he's pressuring me. It seems to me everything Jade can do after this hit can be beat by spin or one of Kung Lao's normals. Unless you do another d3 or commit to a special move follow up (d3 into staff grab for example)?

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Question: What would Jade's options against a fast character up close be after a poke?

Let's say I hit Kung Lao with d3 while he's pressuring me. It seems to me everything Jade can do after this hit can be beat by spin or one of Kung Lao's normals. Unless you do another d3 or commit to a special move follow up (d3 into staff grab for example)?
D3-staffgrab/shadow kick will get you killed (it's too much of a gap between them). Do 2 d3's then either d4/4-special or just back away, 12 works if they try to jump over. 4 is very good for stuffing normals from distance.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Ok, guys. I just updated the frame data chart, fixed some numbers. And the 342 string, I don't know where I got my first numbers for that one, they were broken :), but now they're correct. Sorry for the confusion.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight

After playing bit, yes d3 staff grab will get stuffed. D4 staff grab will not. Unfortunately, when people start reading that you need a d3 to start your offense it gets tricky. That's when you mix in d3 staff slam to catch their counter poke. It's all mind games and adaptations.

Deity

Noob
Somberness could you test Jade's b3 from max range? It seems to hit very late in its active frames and seems like it could be 0 or possibly advantage on block.

Somberness

Lights
Somberness could you test Jade's b3 from max range? It seems to hit very late in its active frames and seems like it could be 0 or possibly advantage on block.
It can get up to 0, hit on the 19th frame. Even managed to hit on the 20th but the opponent recovered 1 frame faster than normal. Looks like it has a maximum.

LolingOctopus

Modest and humble genitalia destroyer
thanks you very much for the frame chart~! I Know I rarely post here but don't worry guys I haven't forgot about you. This sunday I'm going all jade at my local ranbats so we'll see how it goes

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Updated a little on the frame data chart. b32 and 23f2 actually have 7 and 6 vulnerable frames in them, better than 8 :)