What's new

Strategy Jade Frame Data

Somberness

Lights
Update. :)
- Yes, 2 is 13 frames, but no matter how close you get to your opponent, it always hit on the 14th frame. So stupid, Mileena's standing 1 has the same problem, but not as severe.
- Changed Shadow F/G's duration to 2 from 0. That means that the move does have an input delay, as small as it is. Also added exact duration of each.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Update. :)
- Yes, 2 is 13 frames, but no matter how close you get to your opponent, it always hit on the 14th frame. So stupid, Mileena's standing 1 has the same problem, but not as severe.
- Changed Shadow F/G's duration to 2 from 0. That means that the move does have an input delay, as small as it is. Also added exact duration of each.
Good stuff Somber.

Could you do me a favor as a personal project? Test Jades glow with her specials. I find myself noticing that it ends early at times.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Somberness I see some differences from last data: you left out the random data on b2 (which was -14 on block randomly), flash/glow delay of input (which was 27 frames before reactivation) and 122 is +14 on tech roll (was -14). Are these still the same? Also, on gaps in strings, as I see it you're taking into consideration the first active frame of the next hit in the string as being a frame gap, am I right? (for example: 3,4 has a 5 frame gap; 3 is +19 cancel on block, 4 is 24 execution, which means 5 frames gap, but the 5th is the first active of the 4 command).

Somberness

Lights
Somberness I see some differences from last data: you left out the random data on b2 (which was -14 on block randomly), flash/glow delay of input (which was 27 frames before reactivation) and 122 is +14 on tech roll (was -14). Are these still the same? Also, on gaps in strings, as I see it you're taking into consideration the first active frame of the next hit in the string as being a frame gap, am I right? (for example: 3,4 has a 5 frame gap; 3 is +19 cancel on block, 4 is 24 execution, which means 5 frames gap, but the 5th is the first active of the 4 command).
1. I dunno what happened but after figuring out the duration manually and always getting 58, -14 does not work out, so I just changed it.
2. Left that out as I haven't done enough testing on the delay.
3. Typo, autopilot + for hit advantages is to blame. Thanks NRS.
edit: 4. Yeah, it includes the active frame.
Thanks for the correction.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Somberness if I want to know how many frames is the duration of 12-SK on block is it correct like this: 12 duration on block (39) + SK duration (37) - 12 cancel adv on block (17) = 59.
Also, can you do the same drawing for staff overhead like you did for shadow kick with frames at distance? So it is seen at which frame jade gets airborne, at which she's most high and at which she starts to go down.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Guys, I updated the frame data chart with Somberness's changes. No big ones, just eliminated the randomness on B2 numbers.

Somberness

Lights
Somberness if I want to know how many frames is the duration of 12-SK on block is it correct like this: 12 duration on block (39) + SK duration (37) - 12 cancel adv on block (17) = 59.
Also, can you do the same drawing for staff overhead like you did for shadow kick with frames at distance? So it is seen at which frame jade gets airborne, at which she's most high and at which she starts to go down.
No, you'd have to know the cancel frame for the attack you cancelled the special out of. I don't include it because few would find it useful. 1,2's is frame 27. You'd then add SK's duration on block to get 64.

Frame 7, first frame she is airborne.
Frame 13.
Frame 19, begins to descend.
Frame 28.
Frame 35, first active frame.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
No, you'd have to know the cancel frame for the attack you cancelled the special out of. I don't include it because few would find it useful. 1,2's is frame 27. You'd then add SK's duration on block to get 64.

Frame 7, first frame she is airborne.
Frame 13.
Frame 19, begins to descend.
Frame 28.
Frame 35, first active frame.
Shit, this is beautiful. Why I need the duration of certain strings canceled into specials is to know how many hits I can get during glow's duration. Thanks for the info.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Somberness Just making sure I'm reading this correctly: If I do a naked standing 1, it comes out in 9 frames, but if I buffer 2 and do a 12, then 1 comes out in 8 frames? Does that mean if I did 1~shadow kick, the 1 would come out in 9 frames?

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Somberness Just making sure I'm reading this correctly: If I do a naked standing 1, it comes out in 9 frames, but if I buffer 2 and do a 12, then 1 comes out in 8 frames? Does that mean if I did 1~shadow kick, the 1 would come out in 9 frames?
Yes. And her standing 3 shifts the upper part of her hurtbox backward so you can avoid highs with it while winning the trade for a full combo.

Somberness

Lights
8 is the execution of the 2, the 1 is always 9.
Yes. And her standing 3 shifts the upper part of her hurtbox backward so you can avoid highs with it while winning the trade for a full combo.
Yeah, too bad it takes a while for that to happen, unlike Skarlet's F4.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
So with shadow kick, does the advantage change depending on which active frame it hits on?

Somberness

Lights
Execution (singular | cumulative)
1 - 9
1,2 - 8 | 24

But 9+8 = 17 :confused:

I'm so confused!
And 24-8 = 16, which is the frame you have to press 2 by after you press 1 for it to register. :) Most of the time, there is a window between moves. For her, D4 is 13, D1/D3 is 11, so for those you have less time to cancel into something.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
And 24-8 = 16, which is the frame you have to press 2 by after you press 1 for it to register. :) Most of the time, there is a window between moves. For her, D4 is 13, D1/D3 is 11, so for those you have less time to cancel into something.
Thank you Somberness! I just want to get my head wrapped around everything. I'll get there. :)

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
The amount of frames it takes for Jade to do anything of worth makes me wonder.
Maybe she was never meant to fight. She's meant to be beautiful.