What's new

Strategy Jade Frame Data

3 Db2 B2 12 12 4 special to punish roll.

If you're in range and block a D4, 4 will counter any follow up D4's. Can also en pole slam or if at max range B3, but if it whiffs in open space you're probably eating a combo.

I'm not sure if that works, can't follow up after the second 12. 3db2,b2,12,4f3 does 27%
If your opponent is not holding block correctly or at all, you can do almost 50% with 1 bar as she can be hit with standing 3 after 3db2,b2.
Yeah that's what I meant, with just the 12 4 special. It might be worth it to go for a 4 overhead if who you're fighting isn't wake up happy.

CompletelyJaded

Whiffmaker
Are you referring to combo punishes? If so I just do back 2, 1,2,4,forward 3 for I believe 24% it's my punish I just do for oniline, preference for consistency.
Just everything. I'm practicing how to n4 her d4 and it seems to work. I generally 4,df2/db2 into combo or on lucky days b2 her out of it with a dash if I can catch the rhythm.
I hate how I'm not safe anywhere on the map from that bitch, except if I catch the right rhythm and 12 d3 4 pressure the shit out of her on momentum. Seems like the mil-jade matchup is about Jade getting in and STAYING in.

Espio

Kokomo
Just everything. I'm practicing how to n4 her d4 and it seems to work. I generally 4,df2/db2 into combo or on lucky days b2 her out of it with a dash if I can catch the rhythm.
I hate how I'm not safe anywhere on the map from that bitch, except if I catch the right rhythm and 12 d3 4 pressure the shit out of her on momentum. Seems like the mil-jade matchup is about Jade getting in and STAYING in.
I like 4 against Mileena after a blocked down 4, but I forget to do it as I don't play the match up much. Checking her with 4 into staff grab is nice for the simple fact that regular 4, forward 3, the 3 whiffs on Mileena's tiny hitbox, so staff grab is a nice to keep her hoenst even if she ends up having enough time to block 4.

I love blowing up down 4's and other pokes with staff overhead, it works wonders on Mileena and Sonya's down 4's.

Mileena's ease of mobiility/tracking on her tele kick is really annoying.

I'm never sure if I should lame out Mileena with Jade after getting the lifelead or cautiously rush her till she's finished, I'm going to experiment with both a bit more. I do prefer to use suffocating pressure on characters that I can get away with it on, so your method might be best.

I missed an opportunity to play a Mileena player in an offline setting with Jade a couple weeks ago, which I regret. We were playing all our characters so I didn't want to use too much Jade, I ended up playing the guy's Jax with Jade though. Mileena is still annoying offline, but much more reasonable and you can react to her shenanigans with less annoyance.

What do you do to punish telekick, I'm still not sure what to do I think down 1 into 1,2 staff grab might be the best option, but I'm not sure.

GambitTheFirst

Just some bees, please.
Do we have anything against mileena? I hate that roll.
Shouldn't this be in the "Jade Punishment Guide" and not the Frame Data thread? But whatever, here's my two pennies.

I never realised you could punish ball with 3 overhead so cheers for that! So yeah I think 3 overhead, 12, 4 staff grab is best at 26%. However if you're slow to react (koz tbh, they do come out of nowhere sometimes) then b2 12 23f2 staffgrab does only 1% less.

What do you do to punish telekick, I'm still not sure what to do I think down 1 into 1,2 staff grab might be the best option, but I'm not sure.
Normal tele is surely (if blocked high) : b2, 12, 23f2 staff grab
Ex tele I've been a bit concerned about. Basically if you block it right (high first hit, low second hit) then you can get 12, 12 4 staff grab for like 18% or something like that. However most Mili's will probably cover their bases here and do a sai after the second hit which will hit you in the face if you do 12. I personally can't get d1, 12 staff grab to work for me (if you are talking about ex tele that is), but find you can d1 dash d1 staff grab (measley 10% but better than nothing).

Online? Uppercut. I've given up on ever getting 12 xx 23f2 to work.
Assuming it's EX tele he means then you can't uppercut that shit =[ But normal tele surely a simple b2 4 staff grab or something like that is better than uppercut.

I did send you a message about 23f2 juggles on that other account of yours, dunno if you saw it. I really think the only time the timing is strict on it is when it's off a b1 starter. In that case you've really got to watch that you catch them high enough with 12, it's pretty easy to tell if 2342 will connect or not when you've done it enough. But off b2 anti airs and when you start her bnb with standing 3 I don't think the timings that bad, it's doable online unless the lag is very very bad.

Would me making a video of me in training mode with the inputs on the side help you at all with the dash timing? I was thinking this yesterday but then again the inputs go by so fast I'm not sure if it's much use. Basically you'll see that I tap forward loads after b2 and 12. I'm not sure if this is how other people dash out of her normals but it's what works for me.

CompletelyJaded

Whiffmaker
Would me making a video of me in training mode with the inputs on the side help you at all with the dash timing? I was thinking this yesterday but then again the inputs go by so fast I'm not sure if it's much use. Basically you'll see that I tap forward loads after b2 and 12. I'm not sure if this is how other people dash out of her normals but it's what works for me.
I really suck at comboing in this game. Any help is appreciated!

Espio

Kokomo
Normal tele is surely (if blocked high) : b2, 12, 23f2 staff grab
Ex tele I've been a bit concerned about. Basically if you block it right (high first hit, low second hit) then you can get 12, 12 4 staff grab for like 18% or something like that. However most Mili's will probably cover their bases here and do a sai after the second hit which will hit you in the face if you do 12. I personally can't get d1, 12 staff grab to work for me (if you are talking about ex tele that is), but find you can d1 dash d1 staff grab (measley 10% but better than nothing).

I use d1,1,2 staff grab or uppercut on regular tele because the Mileena players always throw a sai in your face to check your punishment attempt. Uppercut is fine too, but I don't see how you have enough time to back 2 unless the Mileena player doesn't throw a sai on regular tele. Of course, doing it on the ex version isn't happening, recovery is too good and then the Mileena player's sai checking you.

GambitTheFirst

Just some bees, please.
I use d1,1,2 staff grab or uppercut on regular tele because the Mileena players always throw a sai in your face to check your punishment attempt. Uppercut is fine too, but I don't see how you have enough time to back 2 unless the Mileena player doesn't throw a sai on regular tele. Of course, doing it on the ex version isn't happening, recovery is too good and then the Mileena player's sai checking you.
I mean if you block it standing, because then she's way up in the air, I usually manage to b2 that. They can sai to mess with your timing (I hate that!), but it won't hit you. But yeah if they catch you crouch blocking it then d1 is a good idea sure.

CompletelyJaded

Whiffmaker
I mean if you block it standing, because then she's way up in the air, I usually manage to b2 that. They can sai to mess with your timing (I hate that!), but it won't hit you. But yeah if they catch you crouch blocking it then d1 is a good idea sure.
Make the vid, it would certainly help!

Espio

Kokomo
Okay I see what you mean, time to put Mileena in check lol. I always feel like I don't have time to back 2, but if that's the case I'll work on getting this down, thanks.

iroku

Noob
k, so day 1 Jade and she is still sexy!!

I was doing a lot of d4 b3 12 backdash b2 trying to land the hit.
Glow was weird, kept throwing boomerangs for some reason...

after b2 as AA kept trying 1 12 flashkick but online was frustrating...

kept backdashing a loooot to bait some launchers and 1 12 flashkick or sum but again online...

f2 1 2 as foward pressure....

so far rounded up like only 2 wins with her... online makes it harder to combo after her launchers :/

AssassiN

Noob
Picked her up again lol, but I just noticed something.
In the frame data it saids that Jade's 1 on hit is 0, even though when I try it out Jade has a clear advantage.
You can check people with a 23F2 after 1 hits.
1,2 on hit is 0(which is fucking stupid).

Somberness

Lights
Picked her up again lol, but I just noticed something.
In the frame data it saids that Jade's 1 on hit is 0, even though when I try it out Jade has a clear advantage.
You can check people with a 23F2 after 1 hits.
1,2 on hit is 0(which is fucking stupid).
1 is neutral.

Icy X

Noob
Edit: nvm about the infinite thing just realized.it wouldnt work how im thinking but still cancel with sf to keep advantage still sounds great to me.Hmm very interesting. I'm disappointed with jade in this game but was interested in her data. If it works how I think.... It's very interesting to cancel whatever string with shadow flash and have the advantage for a lot of options to followup with...maybe even possible for infinite with her????

Espio

Kokomo
Edit: nvm about the infinite thing just realized.it wouldnt work how im thinking but still cancel with sf to keep advantage still sounds great to me.Hmm very interesting. I'm disappointed with jade in this game but was interested in her data. If it works how I think.... It's very interesting to cancel whatever string with shadow flash and have the advantage for a lot of options to followup with...maybe even possible for infinite with her????

Most of her strings leave her and her opponent at zero and push them back, how would that result in an infinite?

GambitTheFirst

Just some bees, please.
Most of her strings leave her and her opponent at zero and push them back, how would that result in an infinite?
I think he means if you cancelled into flash you'd get the cancel advantage instead of the usual neutral. But...

...you can't cancel normals into flash, so that wouldn't work.

Icy X

Noob
Idk why my edit was placed wrong... Oh well but yeah I realized it wouldn't work but didn't know.you couldn't cancel into flash at all.... Shame that you can't.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
So Krys9984 and I are doing a video for Jade on when to EN Glow during block strings. What strings for Jade do you know FOR SURE have gaps? Somberness anyone?