What's new

Strategy Jade Frame Data

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Thanks man. As you may know, glow negates breakers (the opponent breaks, but Jade doesn't get knocked down, so she remains on advantage), so I'd like to know if you have any recovery data after a breaker has been performed.

Somberness

Lights
It would totally be dependent on the character and the attack used to figure out the exact advantage. For example, Jade's breaker animation is 75 frames but all breakers aren't created equally. 1,2 recovers 10 frames faster than overhead after it hits (and the breaker starts) so that is the other factor.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
It would totally be dependent on the character and the attack used to figure out the exact advantage. For example, Jade's breaker animation is 75 frames but all breakers aren't created equally. 1,2 recovers 10 frames faster than overhead after it hits (and the breaker starts) so that is the other factor.
Yeah, you're right. The duration of the breaker for every character is what's needed to be known.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Somberness why do you think this is possible "B+2 - -13 (sometimes Jade takes 1 frame extra to land to make it -14)", maybe stance or distance specific?

Somberness

Lights
If only I just did away with execution numbers, which you labelled as startup. And shadow flash/glow is 0 duration, I just put it in that section because there is no active frame category.

Nice job though. :)

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Chaosphere has being using the startup value for the gaps. I think it makes more sense that way as you don't have a case where there is a 1 frame gap and yet you can't do anything but switch block positions. It doesn't truly matter.. If only I just did away with execution numbers, which you labelled as startup. And shadow flash/glow is 0 duration, I just put it in that section because there is no active frame category.

You mean start-up, which is execution - 1 frame?

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Prinzmetal, I applaud you on your work...Unfortunately I hate you at the same time. More people are going to be aware of just how ass her strings are. I believe jumps are 5 frames...look at her strings. B3-2 has an 8 frame empty area...23f2 has a 7 frame between the 3 and the f2. When this becomes common knowledge, Jade users are going to be going to the F4,3 string a lot more...I have already tried implementing it in my game more.

Espio

Kokomo
Good work guys, if anything, this will help us in playing more cautiously with Jade 4, forward 3 is def. one of her more reliable strings, it's unfortunate that it doesn't lead to more relevant damage. -3 isn't so bad on it with the pusback.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Prinzmetal, I applaud you on your work...Unfortunately I hate you at the same time. More people are going to be aware of just how ass her strings are. I believe jumps are 5 frames...look at her strings. B3-2 has an 8 frame empty area...23f2 has a 7 frame between the 3 and the f2. When this becomes common knowledge, Jade users are going to be going to the F4,3 string a lot more...I have already tried implementing it in my game more.
Yeah, you're right. It's kinda crappy, but the strings have weird properties in themselves. For example, no matter how much I tried I couldn't poke her out of the b32 and 23f2, although jumping away is possible. I'll test them more.

Chaosphere has being using the startup value for the gaps. I think it makes more sense that way as you don't have a case where there is a 1 frame gap and yet you can't do anything but switch block positions. It doesn't truly matter.. If only I just did away with execution numbers, which you labelled as startup. And shadow flash/glow is 0 duration, I just put it in that section because there is no active frame category.

I put flash/glow in there because they are active through all of their duration, except first frame I guess. I'll change the name from Start-up to Execution so it's more correct.

Espio

Kokomo
I forgot 1,2,2 is -28 on block. I had to review the chart, that's so dumb lol.

Thank goodness there's 1,2 shadow kick.

b1f1

Jade's only useless normals.

Of all the characters in the game, Jade has one of the best useful-to-useless move ratios.

Edit: Now that I think about it, the only two I really don't like is b1f1 and 1,2,2.

I think 3,4,2 is great if used rarely or after you've heavily conditioned them with 3,staff overhead.

LEGEND

YES!
b1f1

Of all the characters in the game, Jade has one of the best useful-to-useless move ratios.
you sure? Stryker, Jax, kenshi, Ermac and Sindel all don't have more than one useless string or move. And thats just off the top of my head

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
b1f1

For some odd reason...I actually really like 342. I know it's useless but I love the way it just flings them, the opponent almost never sees it coming, and it gives me some nice breathing room. I'm really liking Jade and do not believe this "she's not tournament viable" rubbish.

LEGEND

YES!
For some odd reason...I actually really like 342. I know it's useless but I love the way it just flings them, the opponent almost never sees it coming, and it gives me some nice breathing room. I'm really liking Jade and do not believe this "she's not tournament viable" rubbish.
She has here place in MUs if you already know how to play her, plus she alot of fun

Problem is, there is no real reason to pick her up over other characters