What's new

Jacqui render reveal

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
Yeah, I'm a woman and I guess I think about sex 20 per 40 times per day on average. I also fantasize about Kano and I think Shao Kahn and Geras look really hot too in this game.

Soooo....... do you see me constantly telling everyone here how hot Kano is? Do you see me making an outrage thread because my main, Raiden, doesn't have the super abs, perfect face and long flowing hair of Deadly Alliance?
Maybe it's not your thing to be outspoken about that? I'm different in that regard.

Just today I watched some MK 11 Raiden gameplay and was really impressed by how his playstyle looks... but then I looked at his old, wrinkly grandfather face with his big ass nostrils and I found it to be a pity, that he is not younger, with long, white hair. And there isn't even an option to make him look like that.

To me it doesn't matter if we're talking about male or female characters. I have my preferences, when it comes to looks and if the topic invites me to share my opinion on the stuff, I'll do so. I like my women to look beautiful and sexy and I like my men to look powerful and cool. Jacqui isn't ugly, but she has zero sex appeal. Raiden looks powerful, but he doesn't look cool (since he looks like my grandpa did 30 years ago).

While I agree that Jacqui is bland, making her sexy would make her a bland character who's sexy. Still equally bland.
True, but it would be a step in the right direction.

And we have to really take a close look at what certain people view as sexy.
Was MKX Sonya Blade sexy? No.
Was MK9 Sonya Blade sexy? Well, she was sexy to a point, where she looked slutty.
Would a mix between MKX and MK9 be a good look for Sonya Blade? Yeah, I would say so.

I don't want Jacqui to wear a bikini for me to consider her sexy. I just want a good mix of realistic and fantasy-sexy. Her outfit right now looks like something you could equally give to a male character and it wouldn't make a difference. Where I do think that games should have the distinction between male and female outfits.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
He bounced around middle-to-low in MK9 too.

Despite the outcry of him deserving to be in because he’s “klassic” people don’t actually really use him that much.
If he did get in, everyone would just complain about his design again, and how it isn't MK2 Reptile. Maybe that explains why he didn't get much use

JnTonioo

Yurp
I don't see what people have against Jacqui's default? It looks very similar to the type of stuff Cassie is wearing, and most people say she looks awesome.

Yet Jacqui wears something similar and all of the sudden it's BORING and BLAND, or "worse than MKX". Like what?
thank you

thesacrifist

Too old for this
Something about the face or eyes is seriously off and uncanny valleying me like crazy. Both in the render and in the trailer. She looks emotionless and blank. Not a fan either, hoping for some polish before launch.

Afraid it could be a missed opportunity.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Still more popular than Jacqui. Lolololol
Even with how broken Jacqui was. ;)
So your argument is that character X who was prominently featured throughout the entire MKX and the supposed "coolest" new character, is at best a tiny fraction more popular than a supposed bland, generic, "Kombat Kid", redundant SF character, makes your case stronger?

Makes sense.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
I'm still hoping they did something completely off the hook with Jacqui, I think this character deserves it.

But seeing her with some machine gun again in those story-mode trailers doesn't look promising... Hopefully, at least her pappa isn't into guns this time.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
to think they literally had some good ass jacqui concept art and they didn't think to use it at all
Ho, ho, ho, they only showed ONE design so far, nobody knows what the other two hundred look like yet... Maybe they DID draw on those designs? Maybe that twitter guy was talking about those designs?

I'm not even hyped for any giant makeover in design perse, I just want to see Jacqui having some unique powers or gear which makes her completely different from other Special Forces bores, and unique.

trufenix

bye felicia
I don't see what people have against Jacqui's default? It looks very similar to the type of stuff Cassie is wearing, and most people say she looks awesome.

Yet Jacqui wears something similar and all of the sudden it's BORING and BLAND, or "worse than MKX". Like what?
Flash back to a month ago when Kano was the worst character in the game because all we had was his render, and a week later when D'Vorah took his spot.

It's just what we do here. We hate Mortal Kombat.

Gamer68

Fujin!
First of all I don't think anyone thinks Cassie's costume by itself looks great. But everything else about her makes up for it -- her face, animations, flair, sunglasses, wittiness, and VA all ooze personality.

Based on MKX, Jacqui doesn't have any of those things. So what's left to make up for the similarly bland outfit? Nothing.

Could this change? Yup. Am I optimistic that it Will, having seen her outfit, overall design, and the role she plays in the story? Nope.
But we haven't even had the chance to see her skins, gear, animations/moveset, dialogue, and we haven't even heard her talk. All we've seen is a render and like 8 seconds of her doing a Fatality, and people are already saying she's bland.

"Based on MKX, Jacqui doesn't have any of those things"

Every character has gotten a complete redesign in this game, both in appearance and moveset. Basically saying "based off of MKX, Jacqui is going to be shit" isn't really fair. Comparing her to Cassie Cage which got a trailer, breakdown, and a ton of other gameplay isn't really fair either.

Don't get me wrong, if you don't like Jacqui then that's fine. But you have to admit that people are kinda unfair towards her:
  • When the Steam leak happened and her name was revealed, everyone complained before they even saw anything.
  • When the Reddit leak happened and her *early* select portrait was shown, a lot of people said she looked boring even though you could only see her head (lol).
  • She gets 5 seconds of gameplay showing a Fatality, and people say she looks boring.
  • Gets a render and now shes "ugly" and "looks Uncanny Valley" even though she looks just as good as any other character in the game.
Like you have to admit some of this is kinda messed up. Especially the face thing. People are reaching so hard to find reasons not to like the character, that they are shitting on a model/actress that looks completely fine.

PoloExpress

The Luckiest Unlucky player you'll ever meet.
Ho, ho, ho, they only showed ONE design so far, nobody knows what the other two hundred look like yet... Maybe they DID draw on those designs? Maybe that twitter guy was talking about those designs?

I'm not even hyped for any giant makeover in design perse, I just want to see Jacqui having some unique powers or gear which makes her completely different from other Special Forces bores, and unique.
It might just be a story mode thing bc Young and Old Johnny were running around with machine guns in those cutscenes

Edit: didn’t mean to reply this post I meant your previous one lol

Last edited:
She looks a bit derpy to me...I think it's because her eyes are kind of wide but shes not showing any expression. Her face looked fine in the story trailer though, so it's just an odd choice to use this pic as the render.

You'd think that with all the negativity surrounding Jacqui in MKX and after the leak of her being in MK11 that they would choose to reveal her using some of the "best skins in the game" to get people hype. But instead they release a picture of her showing zero emotion and wearing a Special Forces outfit that Cassie also has. Shit, even the NPC Special Forces troops in the story trailer are wearing something similar.

Obviously I'll wait until they show her off until I make up my mind about her, but I just think it was a big missed opportunity to generate hype for her with this picture of Jacqui with an emotionless face and a vanilla Special Forces skin.