What's new

Jacqui render reveal

Raider

Noob
No, you just seem to love to talk about how unpopular Jacqui is despite backing a character that is actually about as unpopular in the grand scheme, and I love to call people out on bullshit
Still more popular than Jacqui. Lolololol
Even with how broken Jacqui was. ;)

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
Every single time a female character is revealed, the first thing people do is rate how hot and fuckable she looks. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Ridiculous.
It's almost as if the majority of players are men. And as if men think about sex 20 per 40 times per day on average. And as if the anonymity of the internet encourages them to speak their mind more freely.

Jacqui Briggs is neither sexy nor overly attractive. And if she doesn't have those traits going for her, then she better have something else going for her. In MKX she didn't. She was Cassies best friend, Takedas love interest and the reason why Jax joined the fight again. That was Jacquis role in MKX. And that is absolutely pathetic for a character.

I really like to think that NRS are perfectly aware of the fact, that they've created an incredibly bland character in Jacqui. And that the only reason they're bringing her back, is so that they can fix the damage the caused. Because right now from this standpoint, 10 years down the line Jacqui Briggs could very well end up being the Kobra of her era - unless NRS fixes their mistake and actually does something with her as a character. They didn't make her sexy, which was more than enough to spark peoples interest in Skarlet, so they better give her a great character development in the story. (Personality-wise I didn't think Jacqui was that bad in MKX. She had a couple of cool oneliners, like seeing frozen bootprints on Kung Jins sorry ass.)

Last edited:

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
It's like people want to blame Jacqui or Kano or whoever isn't A-list roster celeb status for the reason their beloved character isn't in the game (like Sindel, Nitara, or whoever) so they come into these kind of threads and cry rivers of biblical proportion.
Sooooooo much emo over Jacqui I hope she's in every game.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
I wished people just drop the completely stupid MOST PLAYED bullshit lists for once, Kano is in this game, and he was not really popular on ANY of those most played lists, so they mean SHIT!

Takeda is the most popular kid on those lists by far, but Ed Boon said a big FUCK YOU to the fans and just left him out in favor for underdog Jacqui.

The salt in it all/The shade of it all would RuPaul say.

Lun

proud TERF!
It's almost as if the majority of players are men. And as if men think about sex 20 per 40 times per day on average. And as if the anonymity of the internet encourages them to speak their mind more freely.

Yeah, I'm a woman and I guess I think about sex 20 per 40 times per day on average. I also fantasize about Kano and I think Shao Kahn and Geras look really hot too in this game.

Soooo....... do you see me constantly telling everyone here how hot Kano is? Do you see me making an outrage thread because my main, Raiden, doesn't have the super abs, perfect face and long flowing hair of Deadly Alliance?

Jacqui Briggs is neither sexy nor overly attractive. And if she doesn't have those traits going for her, then she better have something else going for her. In MKX she didn't. She was Cassies best friend, Takedas love interest and the reason why Jax joined the fight again. That was Jacquis role in MKX. And that is absolutely pathetic for a character.

While I agree that Jacqui is bland, making her sexy would make her a bland character who's sexy. Still equally bland.

Cassie Cyrus

He bounced around middle-to-low in MK9 too.

Despite the outcry of him deserving to be in because he’s “klassic” people don’t actually really use him that much.
And nobody gives a fuck, Kano was played just as much, and look who's back and kicking? Also the ones least played didn't have a freaking chapter in story-mode.

PoloExpress

The Luckiest Unlucky player you'll ever meet.
He bounced around middle-to-low in MK9 too.

Despite the outcry of him deserving to be because he’s “klassic” people don’t actually really use him that much.
Vtrue, I hardly even get reptile mirrors or even see him on casual player matches this year

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
And nobody gives a fuck, Kano was played just as much, and look who's back and kicking? Also the ones least played didn't have a freaking chapter in story-mode.
Hey dude can you calm down real quick, nobody in here actually cares that much, it’s just a fun discussion on popularity and character use in light of such a divisive on both fronts character(Jacqui) recently being confirmed.

Cassie Cyrus

Hey dude can you calm down real quick, nobody in here actually cares that much, it’s just a fun discussion on popularity and character use in light of such a divisive on both fronts character(Jacqui) recently being confirmed.
You seem to care all that much about numbers and times-played lists, you keep talking about it. But Ed Boon and the rest of the world don't care one single raindrop about those lists as they know the-real-casuals go for the same characters anyway.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
You seem to care all that much about numbers and times-played lists, you keep talking about it. But Ed Boon and the rest of the world don't care one single raindrop about those lists as they know the-real-casuals go for the same characters anyway.
I feel like you ignored the entire point of my post in the first place.

I ways debating with a Raider because he said more popular older character should have been in over Jacqui, and I said that’s not exactly right, and it was also hypocritical of him for back D’Vorah when she was also unpopular, then I proceeded to show him that she was similarly uncared for by the majority of players.

You kind of jumped in on the tail end of a conversation and put your own context into it instead of following it back to the head and seeing what it was actually about.

You’re literally arguing with me while you’re agreeing with me and you can’t even see it.

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
She looked mulatto in MKX, but here she looks just straight up black. She looks way to different too, like way to different to be the exact character. Well, lets hope she has a mean ass personality.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
looks good... not sure I like the space armour thing.. but I guess having so many "special forces" characters makes it hard to make them all look unique. It is the overuse of ninjas problem all over again. Keen to see her in action.

Cassie Cyrus

I feel like you ignored the entire point of my post in the first place.

I ways debating with a Raider because he said more popular older character should have been in over Jacqui, and I said that’s not exactly right, and it was also hypocritical of him for back D’Vorah when she was also unpopular, then I proceeded to show him that she was similarly uncared for by the majority of players.

You kind of jumped in on the tail end of a conversation and put your own context into it instead of following it back to the head and seeing what it was actually about.
D'vorah is only unpopular because she killed two main characters, her design is awesome, anybody who hates that is just afraid of bugs.

Jacqui was just boring and bland, a far worst crime in my eyes, especially since Baraka is back and alive, and Mileena probably too.

Agilaz

It has begun
So, MKX Jacqui had terribly bland visuals, animations, dialogue, personality and move set.

MK11 Jacqui isnt impressing me either, visually. It's maybe a bit better than her default MKX skin, but that really isnt saying much.

Her gameplay is going to be her last chance at redemption. If that flops again as well, she should stay out after MK11. Otherwise it pretty much confirms what I have been saying all along.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I was really excited the first time we ever saw Jacqui, because she looked like this huge bruiser type chick. I love Amazon type characters in games.

But then we actually see her and she's a 5"4' stick. And she relies heavily on gadgets, which for me personally, is the most boring archetype of a character. Especially now that we see Cassie has drones, lasers bombs and forcefields. I can't help but wonder what Jacqui can do to stand out for once. At least Cassie has a personality to fallback on.

I was actually hoping that now that Scorpion is all chilled out, Jacqui would die and Scorpion has to stop Takeda from becoming consumed by his vengeance. A telekinetic hellspawn? oh lawd