What's new

Jacqui render reveal

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
Yo, I see females and gay/bi guys talk about some of the male characters being hot every so often and NO ONE calls them on it. So, people pointing out posts about remarking on a female character being attractive or not is cringe.

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
https://twitter.com/_DaanishSyed/status/1103747999858130944

Daanish Syed‏ @_DaanishSyed
Daanish Syed Retweeted Mortal Kombat 11

Jacqui looks AWESOME. This suit rocks, but wait until you see her other skins. Possibly the best skins in the GAME.

steve brownback‏ @Osu16Bit 3h3 hours ago
Replying to @_DaanishSyed @RomanovaNRS
Agreed. She has a couple that made me immediately think “ok I want to play her”

Shawn Kittelsen‏ @kittelsen 3h3 hours ago
Replying to @_DaanishSyed
Knockout work by the whole team. Her facial animation in Story Mode sets the bar.

Ah! So, this is now a GUN DEBATE -- not a character-specific one...? Gotcha.

Well, then... Let me just leave this here:

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
This is valid! But this should be applied across the board for military characters yet it isnt at all! Jacqui gets the most of it
Because other military characters have SOMETHING going for them.

Sonya is iconic, and an important character in the plot (due to her rank). Cassie has magic, personality up the wazoo, and is an important character in the plot (due to her power). Jax is iconic, has personality, and has a very unique design and kit (apart from the guns).

Jacqui is... uh... and has... uh...?

Remember how before Jacqui was announced, everyone was shitting on Sonya? There's a ranking thing going on. There's a totem pole of S-F characters. And Jacqui's at the bottom of this totem pole, by virtue of being Jacqui.

https://twitter.com/_DaanishSyed/status/1103747999858130944

Daanish Syed‏ @_DaanishSyed
Daanish Syed Retweeted Mortal Kombat 11

Jacqui looks AWESOME. This suit rocks, but wait until you see her other skins. Possibly the best skins in the GAME.

steve brownback‏ @Osu16Bit 3h3 hours ago
Replying to @_DaanishSyed @RomanovaNRS
Agreed. She has a couple that made me immediately think “ok I want to play her”

Shawn Kittelsen‏ @kittelsen 3h3 hours ago
Replying to @_DaanishSyed
Knockout work by the whole team. Her facial animation in Story Mode sets the bar.
Yeah I remember the leaks talking about this too. That's why my main complaint now isn't that Jacqui is in the game, it's that NRS could have blown people away with her official render and assuaged some of the doubt of having her in the game. But instead, they released a picture of her looking bored with no facial expression wearing a generic Special Forces skin similar to the ones that Cassie and the NPCs are wearing in the story mode trailer. So people are gonna bitch about Jacqui and have a bad first impression, when in reality she might be really cool in MK11 and NRS could have driven up some hype for her.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
The fuck do you expect Special Forces and Black Dragon to do, try to kung fu everyone? That works in a tournament like MK1 and MK2. MK11 is not a tournament.

Yeah it's a fighting game and yeah NRS has to make up a way to make everything come down to a 1v1 battle in the end, but on the way there they have to at least PRETEND that the story makes sense. And that means when you see an army of thousands of demons coming your way, you shoot the fucking shit out of them.

Johnny carries a handgun with him in his default skin, but does he use it when he's dropping fools 1v1? No. It's a measure of last resort. It's visual storytelling. "This is how dangerous the MK world is, that even Johnny has to have a gun on him just in case."
Johnny fights gods on the daily. Netherrealm scrubs arent shit to him. I want to see him do his MK9 intro like a run away train through random demons. If they want the big moments to seem believable they need to make people like him beat up goons for free not need a handgun. Completely inconsistent power leveling

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
Yo, I see females and gay/bi guys talk about some of the male characters being hot every so often and NO ONE calls them on it. So, people pointing out posts about remarking on a female character being attractive or not is cringe.
Nobody cares if people think someone's hot, it's the fact that nearly every single time a female character drops we get a THOUSAND comments about how she's ugly and unfuckable lmao

Have you seen any complaints about people thinking Cassie is cute now that they've seen the full reveal? No. It's just tedious that for a lot of people on this website and elsewhere, whether or not a female character makes dicks hard is the most important thing about her.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
Nobody cares if people think someone's hot, it's the fact that nearly every single time a female character drops we get a THOUSAND comments about how she's ugly and unfuckable lmao

Have you seen any complaints about people thinking Cassie is cute now that they've seen the full reveal? No. It's just tedious that for a lot of people on this website and elsewhere, whether or not a female character makes dicks hard is the most important thing about her.
Do you want me to quote the posts Im talking about or do most members here get off on living in an echo chamber?

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
Do you want me to quote the posts Im talking about or do most members here get off on living in an echo chamber?
I know what posts you're talking about, and again people saying they think a character is hot isn't the point? The point is only female characters get dozens and dozens and dozens of posts about whether their facial models are sexy enough.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
I know what posts you're talking about, and again people saying they think a character is hot isn't the point? The point is only female characters get dozens and dozens and dozens of posts about whether their facial models are sexy enough.
For the sake of debate, what should someone who is attracted to females want the female models to look like? They are quite literally objects made to be aesthetically pleasing in one way or another.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Have you tried to just ignore it? Works for me when I dont care to read something on the internet

There’s like a million places to talk about mortal kombat. Instead of policing internet strangers harmless talk, do yourself a favor and go find a community that talks about things you only approve of. Whatever that is... since all your posts just seem to be about how hot kano is, then complaining, then dlc speculations... looks like a typical tym poster.

Idk why youre on a high horse, you dont add anything of more value than things you fight lul

Last edited:

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
This kind of talk literally get you called a nazi fyi

classic vid
I'd expect nothing less :p

Anyway.. Since my opinion is highly valued here, I'll give it: She looks better than she did in MKX. I hope her gear/skins lean even heavier into the exo-suit/tech thing. Definitely optimistic for gameplay. Never thought I'd be interested in Cassie, but her drone loadout was amazing. So anything is possible.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
Have you tried to just ignore it? Works for me when I dont care to read something on the internet

There’s like a million places to talk about mortal kombat. Instead of policing internet strangers harmless talk, do yourself a favor and go find a community that talks about things you only approve of. Whatever that is... since all your posts just seem to be about how hot kano is, then complaining, then dlc speculations... looks like a typical tym poster.

Idk why youre on a high horse, you dont add anything of more value than things you fight lul
all right touché

you got me this time b shazzy

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
there should be none...he serves NO purpose!
no role in story other than henchmen, no backstory, no connection to any other character.
hypocrites cry about how the humans can fight outworlders with guns and high tech gadgets and this guy fights by throwing sand....
Your hang-up is sand? Its artistic liberty. Everytime someone does an xray and it hits the game should be over too I guess. Sand or anything in the eye hurts anyway.

People dont like jacqui because nobody likes the special forces and nobody likes the kombat kids. She is the worst of both worlds. Its fine to like her. Its delusional to not understand why people dont. On top of that her slot is seen as taking away from other people’s favorites which is why she’s targeted.

You guys just gotta hold that shit. Wrong place, wrong time kinda situation. I hate 90% of this roster and dont care for most of the modern mk characters equally, just calling it like I see it bro

If I remember right from MKx Erron is hundreds of years old cowboy/bounty hunter or something, powered by shang tsung magic. Jacqui is in the military and jax’s kid. No contest who is mor interesting lul

Last edited: