What's new

General/Other - Jacqui Briggs Jacqui Briggs Video Thread

stosn

Noob
I`m trying to teach them to block after QB in hit, because its +14, so my s1 is guaranteed. When they start to respect my s1, i`m starting to mixup with b33 and b2.
But I'm not entirely sure what the best in the corner. Vs character like Quan or Kothal ( Sun or Blood ) or some1 else with bad wakeup I prefer to end full combo in the corner.

Cosmos

Noob
new portion of corner rape with High Tech
It doesn't look like that johnny new the matchup. Nothing jails after 121xxqbrc so he could have poked out of a lot of your 'pressure'.

Also seeing as b14xxqbrc jails into 1212 once you have them respecting that you should start staggering b1 into b2xxqbrc.

Also you should work on hitconfirming as there were a lot of missed opportunities where you hit a 121 but just cancelled into qb instead of a qbrc combo.

Pretty solid for the most part though dood :)

stosn

Noob
121 qbrc jail into s1 ;) but its really hard and need a lot of practice
I can hit confirm combos in the corner, but i prefer to do restand combos, to get free mixup or block pressure

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
121 qbrc jail into s1 ;) but its really hard and need a lot of practice
I can hit confirm combos in the corner, but i prefer to do restand combos, to get free mixup or block pressure
I wish you charged gauntlets sometimes but I understand the risk.

Also, does anyone know for sure if 121~QBRC jails into standing 1 on block? I've tried that like 1000x and never get it, ever. You would think I'd get lucky once or twice, but never?! b14 is hard enough but 121 is like impossible.

stosn

Noob
After training 121 and 114 cansel to make them jail into s1, b14 and f12 looks sooooo easy :)
114~qbrc into s1 is hardest cansel. I can do it consistently

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
After training 121 and 114 cansel to make them jail into s1, b14 and f12 looks sooooo easy :)
114~qbrc into s1 is hardest cansel. I can do it consistently
What is the secret because I can't get any of those other than b14 and b2. Can you make a video at some point of you doing all of them on Reptile with reversal slippery slide on? That's how I'm testing it.

I've been trying to figure out her best chip strings in hi tech (with and without gauntlets charged). Also, can you jail multiple 121 strings into themselves or does it cut you off after 1 cancel?

Cosmos

Noob
121xxqbrc doesn't jail into 121. I know this isn't an execution problem because I can hit f12xxqbrc 1 on hit which is like a just frame pretty consistently.

I've been testing it the exact same way Rip has and I can get b2 b14 f12 and 21 to jail into a 121.

I'd happily like to be proven wrong though so if you could record a video that'd be much appreciated man!

stosn

Noob
All strings that jails into s1 ( from the easiest to the most hard ) :
b2, b14, f12, 33, 12, 21, 121, 114, b3
You really need a video? I tested it with reversal and tasted on me ( record cansel and try to duck under s1 )

Cosmos

Noob
All strings that jails into s1 ( from the easiest to the most hard ) :
b2, b14, f12, 33, 12, 21, 121, 114, b3
You really need a video? I tested it with reversal and tasted on me ( record cansel and try to duck under s1 )
We only ask for a video to make sure you are testing it correctly. You should have them on stance crouch block with ideally reversal exflipkick or slippery slide.

Trying to block it standing then crouch the follow-up is not the correct way to test it. If you did this with full auto all her strings would jail into uprocket which obviously isn't the case aha. You need to be crouch blocking from the get go.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I'm not really a High Tech player. I think it's absolute garbage in a fight. Anyway, here's a 43% meterless midscreen. Maybe it'll help someone who actually plays HT.

That looks sick!

Could you try;

121~qbrc, 4u4, RUN~1, f2u2~du4, 1, f2u2~dd4?

I'm away from the ps4 atm

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
Pan1cMode: Could you try;
121~qbrc, 4u4, RUN~1, f2u2~du4, 1, f2u2~dd4?

Doesn't work, like Stosn said.

I'll test my combo later with roll on. I thought I had it on in one of my tests. It doesn't look like they have any time to roll away from the OTG.

I have trouble doing QBRC into F2U2, but I think i'm getting better at it.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
Yea Stosn is right. The combo above misses the OTG ground pound. But you could do this instead..

38% meterless using on OTG ground pound with roll on. (25% combo with 13% OTG unbreakerable/inescapable). Pretty damn hard to do.

121-QBRC-F2U2-DU4, 1, F2U2-DD4

Last edited:
That Kotal Kahn was like "WTF is this booolshieat???? NRS plz nerf"
Still waiting for someone to take HT to a tournament. And do well)

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Awesome set, stosn!
I'd like to see some matches against characters like Quan, Reptile or Kitana if have any that you play against. I struggle a lot against those characters so I'd like to see how you (or other Jacquis) handle those MUs.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Awesome set, stosn!
I'd like to see some matches against characters like Quan, Reptile or Kitana if have any that you play against. I struggle a lot against those characters so I'd like to see how you (or other Jacquis) handle those MUs.
Quan I use HT. Essentially game plan is to sit just out of b2 range, bait it and punish with s1. Then force him to the corner and block pressure him to death.

Kitana I use full auto. It's not too bad (offline at least). Make her respect your machine gun and use your reflect to prevent ex fans (d1~ex fans is not a block string iirc).

Reptile I'm not sure hahaha. Don't have much MU experience against him.

Cosmos

Noob
Awesome set, stosn!
Reptile is not a good matchup for Jacqui at all. He outfootsies her very badly with his f21/d4.

In High Tech he literally shuts her down with forceballs as she has no real way to navigate around them. He can set up a forceball and start building meter with acid spit. Her best option is to neutral crouch and not tech shield as a baited tech shield gives reptile a free punish from about 3/4 screen with a slight run into f21.

Full auto zoning isn't an option for two reasons. Firstly it's just not effective as she loses the trade to spit with guns. Up rocket is non-existent as he has no reason to jump at all as slide low profiles the first two hits of guns so he can just walk himself to half-screen where it's no longer safe for you use any of her zoning tools. This then gives him the respect he needs to set up a forceball.

It's worth noting he can choose to spend a bar and exslide completely under guns from anywhere on screen.

Secondly I say zoning isn't an option because I feel like this is a matchup where she doesn't seem to have an optimal space. Short of high tech once she is in which rarely happens, she has no space where any of her tools can really contend with Reptile's.

On knockdown Jacqui's options are horrendous. He can space himself so that his b3 low profiles all of her wakeups including exbf2. That's assuming he hasn't ended in forceball oki which Jacqui has to hold as from the distance you are left in, you're only option to bypass forceball is an exbf1 which on block is a free 34 punish.

The risk reward is not favourable at all so you'll find yourself a lot of the time having to hold a 50/50 from him walking up behind forceball.

Jumping isn't an option to bypass forceball as Jacqui's shitty jump ins mean you'll be getting consistently AA by a good Reptile with a d1 into a full combo ending in more forceball oki.

I play this matchup a hell of a lot as my training partner is a Reptile main and from what I can see this is definitely a losing matchup for full auto and high tech.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Reptile is just an asshole from my experience, like everything he does is fuckin safe it's dumb.
I've switched to War god, Naginata and Bojutsu against him. The range helps a lot.

Quan I've started either mirror matching with my summoner, use HQT, or FF Kang. I never considered using HT, might try that out next time.

Kitana is the only one of those where I consider picking Jacqui at all, tech shield pisses Kitanas off from my experience, although i'm pretty sure from fullscreen she can do the dash in special after a fan to punish tech shield's recovery >__>

What about Lao, Sub and EB? They're not as bad as the other 3 I mentioned but they're still tough imo.

Reptile is not a good matchup for Jacqui at all. He outfootsies her very badly with his f21/d4.

In High Tech he literally shuts her down with forceballs as she has no real way to navigate around them. He can set up a forceball and start building meter with acid spit. Her best option is to neutral crouch and not tech shield as a baited tech shield gives reptile a free punish from about 3/4 screen with a slight run into f21.

Full auto zoning isn't an option for two reasons. Firstly it's just not effective as she loses the trade to spit with guns. Up rocket is non-existent as he has no reason to jump at all as slide low profiles the first two hits of guns so he can just walk himself to half-screen where it's no longer safe for you use any of her zoning tools. This then gives him the respect he needs to set up a forceball.

It's worth noting he can choose to spend a bar and exslide completely under guns from anywhere on screen.

Secondly I say zoning isn't an option because I feel like this is a matchup where she doesn't seem to have an optimal space. Short of high tech once she is in which rarely happens, she has no space where any of her tools can really contend with Reptile's.

On knockdown Jacqui's options are horrendous. He can space himself so that his b3 low profiles all of her wakeups including exbf2. That's assuming he hasn't ended in forceball oki which Jacqui has to hold as from the distance you are left in, you're only option to bypass forceball is an exbf1 which on block is a free 34 punish.

The risk reward is not favourable at all so you'll find yourself a lot of the time having to hold a 50/50 from him walking up behind forceball.

Jumping isn't an option to bypass forceball as Jacqui's shitty jump ins mean you'll be getting consistently AA by a good Reptile with a d1 into a full combo ending in more forceball oki.

I play this matchup a hell of a lot as my training partner is a Reptile main and from what I can see this is definitely a losing matchup for full auto and high tech.
Is it the same with shotgun or nah?

Cosmos

Noob
Is it the same with shotgun or nah?
Admittedly I don't play shotgun but I can't imagine it changes the matchup heavily. Vortex probably makes it more manageable but not to the degree where it becomes even.

Reptile's footsie tools also work at the range where exlow shotgun is still hitting mid so it's still a hard game of neutral for her.

It's probably better to ask someone who has actually played the matchup though haha