What's new

General/Other - Jacqui Briggs Jacqui Briggs buff wish list thread

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
What can you get off of f3~b4? I can't seem to get it to cancel into anything unless I'm just doing it wrong.
db3 or db2(ex)

It's a tight input window, but oncve you get it down it becomes muscle memory.
M'kay, thanks. I don't use her kara cancels enough at all. I really need to fix that.
:eek: :eek: :eek:

I live off of F3~B4/F3~B2, with the situational F4~ thrown in. It's insanely easy once you do it with the trick, the magical magical trick. I cancel it into low rocket most times for the meterless damage off of the low, and the EX Rocket off of the high, and every now and then EX Rocket off the low but I like the meterless low wall carry and damage.

Don't do :r3:l4~:d:l3 for example. Do it as ":r3:qtl4~:qtl:l3". On the :qtl4 part the low will come out and you can just slide it :l for the 3 low rocket or the 2 EX up rocket.

Life has never been easier after doing this. :cool:

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Jacqui's Kara cancels are too good not to use, but do run a risk of being poked out [or even getting launched] before hitting their target. Safest to use as oki on meterless opponents, or as I said once before... I feel they are great after midscreen MB throws giving you the ability to close the distance required for Ms. Briggs's 50/50 to work [The low only having so much range]. @karaokelove has posted a video explaining a shorcut for kara canceling into specials, This can be found in his complete FA guide in the Jacqui forum section.

I've been using my own method of Kara canceling into specials for quite some time. It being...

:Edited - had some coffeeless notations in here a moment ago...

F4,4 neutral BF4 or F4,2 neutral BF4

F4,4 neutral, Backwards DP~3

F4,4 neutral, MB Backwards DP~2

Last edited:
Jacqui's Kara cancels are too good not to use, but do run a risk of being poked out [or even getting launched] before hitting their target. Safest to use as oki on meterless opponents, or as I said once before... I feel they are great after midscreen MB throws giving you the ability to close the distance required for Ms. Briggs's 50/50 to work [The low only having so much range]. @karaokelove has posted a video explaining a shorcut for kara canceling into specials, This can be found in his complete FA guide in the Jacqui forum section.

I've been using my own method of Kara canceling into specials for quite some time. It being...

F4,4 neutral BF4 or F4,2 neutral BF4

F4,4 neutral, Backwards DP~3

F4,4 neutral, MB Backwards DP~2

My beef with MB throw is that it's zero so you can get poked out easily right??

After i get mb thrown i just mach my fastest poke and pressure ends :\

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Damn that looks like about +20 something
Yup. If you look at the first example vid I posted, You can see Liu's not even recovered yet before he's in 50/50 land. Time to guess. It's even better in the corner. You are closer, and can end combos with it into safe uninterruptable mix ups.

Yup. If you look at the first example vid I posted, You can see Liu's not even recovered yet before he's in 50/50 land. Time to guess. It's even better in the corner. You are closer, and can end combos with it into safe uninterruptable mix ups.
Its kinda tight for me to land a f3 b4 before the can move again. Like about 1-³ frames kinda tight I think

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Its kinda tight for me to land a f3 b4 before the can move again. Like about 1-³ frames kinda tight I think
Vid incoming in as long as it takes [Was working on some Tanya stuff] I'll put it in this post.

So, I doubt I'm doing it even close to frame perfect, and Jacqui can't get out her seven frame jab [Or even start it for that matter] If your opponent pushes a button, they basically negate blocking the mix up, giving you a guaranteed combo.

Last edited:
I prefer to test with jumps armor move or backdashs... My intent in too jail them ......

I have been able to jail with it but it was tight
I get the jail easier with a quick run forward in b33

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Testing it with B2, vid coming. Will do backdash right after. I'll post it here.

Will test backdash now and let you know the results in a sec.

Edit: Backdash is the escape [does not jail]. Still great for the corner, and to catch someone off guard.

Last edited:

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Vid incoming in as long as it takes [Was working on some Tanya stuff] I'll put it in this post.

So, I doubt I'm doing it even close to frame perfect, and Jacqui can't get out her seven frame jab [Or even start it for that matter] If your opponent pushes a button, they basically negate blocking the mix up, giving you a guaranteed combo.
Try holding up.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Try holding up.
Up/jumping is not working Pan1c, but backdashing yes, due to the invincible frames.

Edit: I have no way to test it without a second pair of hands but, I think F4 cancel might even chase down the backdash and possibly catch it as well. No way for me to test this alone though.

Edit again: Okay, just tested that chasing the AI set to infinite stamina backdashing. No go. The backdash is the only way out.

Last edited:

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Actually just tried it again a couple times and it seems it does catch the backdash as long as I delay the B4, B2 for a sec. Can't be sure against the dummy though.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Mmmmk, so I updated the original post in light of everything.

I think everything I have requested is more than fair. I would have also requested slightly less cooldown on df2 in full auto but I know that people whinge about that move enough already (even though almost half the cast can punish from halfscreen ._.)

Please tell me what you think Jacqui mains.

Also, other people who don't use her, are these buffs reasonable? Am I asking for too much?

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
I think those are reasonable. I would love to have the 4,4~U roundhouse's command simplified. Oh... And some braided pigtails, or maybe a sideways ponytail [Doubt they could do legit curly hair] Okay fine, I'll be satisfied with a tilted fitted... :)

An up blast in SG would be godlike, and BF2 being safe [-5 or -6] isn't asking much considering it's an ender and would at least give her one more wake up option at the cost of one of those precious bars that I love.

Haven't messed with HT yet, but trust your judgement.

Last edited: