What's new

General/Other - Jacqui Briggs Jacqui Briggs buff wish list thread

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Here are my buff suggestions for Jacqui Briggs. I'm sure you'll find they're all very reasonable/necessary.

UNIVERSAL
- Tech shield has slightly faster startup (9 frames down from 11)
- Tech shield builds 1/4 a bar of meter for successfully absorbing a projectile
- ex bf2 is safe on block (-4)
- f121 comes out on block.
- 4u4 input timing loosened and hitbox adjusted to anti-air more consistently

Reason: Tech shield in it's current form is not all that useful. Making it slightly faster and having an actual reward would be incredibly helpful. As it stands she gets like 1/10th a bar of meter and is stuck in recovery so long they can often run in and pressure you, even though you did the right thing.

There is literally no use for ex bf2 in it's current state. Since it doesn't grant a combo on hit (while regular one does) it's not too much to ask for this to at least be safe.

What's the point in f121 if it only comes out on hit? It's only +6 and can be tech rolled. There really isn't any reason to use it considering you can hit confirm the string into bf4 anyways. It seems like it's a bug considering the block advantage listed in the frame data.

4u4 looks like it's meant to be her anti-air move. It should be made to be one.

FULL AUTO
- No variation specific changes

SHOTGUN
- df2 hitbox increased, more horizontal range
- df2 has slightly faster startup (10 frames down from 12)
- df2 is +15 on hit (but can't combo from a grounded hit)

Reason: give this move some use and help improve her neutral (since this is what this variation is meant to be about)

HIGH TECH
- Faster startup on gauntlet charge (45 frames down from 60)
- Faster startup on quick burst (10-11 frames down from 15)

Reason: The current startup of gauntlet charge is ridiculous. 45 frames is more than enough.

Making quick burst faster would solve so many of her issues at once.

UPDATED 24/6/2015

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

Probably the most respectable "buff" thread there is, especially considering it consists of mainly bug/inconsistency fixes.

I have no suggestions of my own. I'm pretty sure db3 in Full Auto hitting female characters in the corner would be among the fixes we'd like to see.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Well besides the fact that fixes aren't necessarily buffs...

Tech Shield and Gauntlet Buff need less startup, you're right there.
She doesn't really need a parry I feel, although the idea that a successful parry grants an instant level up is interesting...

F12 annoys me because I can't use it for whiff punishing the way I want to since the 2 misses sometimes, it's like Sektor's 12 in MK9.
I would like B3 to have a little more range because holy hell it even misses after a jump in punch, like come on.

But the fixes are the most important thing.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Well besides the fact that fixes aren't necessarily buffs...

Tech Shield and Gauntlet Buff need less startup, you're right there.
She doesn't really need a parry I feel, although the idea that a successful parry grants an instant level up is interesting...

F12 annoys me because I can't use it for whiff punishing the way I want to since the 2 misses sometimes, it's like Sektor's 12 in MK9.
I would like B3 to have a little more range because holy hell it even misses after a jump in punch, like come on.

But the fixes are the most important thing.
The problem is touching her normals would also benefit full auto which I think is unnecessary.

The idea behind the parry was to reward good reads by Jacqui players and to provide an extra threat against poking out of her pressure. Considering df2 in high tech is a much better projectile absorb, db1 is basically useless

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
The problem is touching her normals would also benefit full auto which I think is unnecessary.
It doesn't change anything except being able to combo into them better. Doesn't affect the speed, doesn't affect combo damage, and she still has better further reaching normals.

Ecodus

I ain't got time to bleed.
I've only played full auto Jacqui, so I have no comment on the HT or shotgun stuff, but the b2 mb db2 thing would be nice fix/buff. In the corner on female characters having db3 connect would be nice also, but if it didn't change it wouldn't be the end of the world.

I really like using 4u4 for cross up anti air, but I find it difficult to convert off of. If it could maybe launch a bit higher for more consistent conversions that'd be a nice addition. Can you cancel a special off 4u4? If not then maybe that could also work, if you can then I'm bad and never mind.

As for the projectile parry, I feel like making it faster might make her ability to deal with counter zoners a bit too strong, but I'm not opposed to the idea lol.

E

Eldriken

I've only played full auto Jacqui, so I have no comment on the HT or shotgun stuff, but the b2 mb db2 thing would be nice fix/buff. In the corner on female characters having db3 connect would be nice also, but if it didn't change it wouldn't be the end of the world.

I really like using 4u4 for cross up anti air, but I find it difficult to convert off of. If it could maybe launch a bit higher for more consistent conversions that'd be a nice addition. Can you cancel a special off 4u4? If not then maybe that could also work, if you can then I'm bad and never mind.

As for the projectile parry, I feel like making it faster might make her ability to deal with counter zoners a bit too strong, but I'm not opposed to the idea lol.
db3 not working on the female cast in the corner makes me sad. Jacqui gets stupid easy 39%-41% meterless in the corner with it. =(

Ecodus

I ain't got time to bleed.
db3 not working on the female cast in the corner makes me sad. Jacqui gets stupid easy 39%-41% meterless in the corner with it. =(
It also makes me sad, especially when I go brain dead and do db3 on a female character. But doing b33~Bf2, 4~Bf2 Ect is still pretty cool.

The worst is when you do something swaggy like f3b4 and cancel into db3, then I get salty. But it seems easy enough to remember.

All i want is a 7-9 frame D2 with maybe a change of it's hit box so i can keep opponents in the corner..

This is mostly for the HT though ... For full auto it would be nice if the low missile could hit better in the corner.

And shoot gun combo should be more consistent

Koor

Hot Gyahbage
Once her specials get adjusted, her normals should be next. She needs better range. Shotgun & High Tech are such footsie based variations with little to compliment them in that department. B3, D3, D1, D2 etc......like, what are these even?

Once her specials get adjusted, her normals should be next. She needs better range. Shotgun & High Tech are such footsie based variations with little to compliment them in that department. B3, D3, D1, D2 etc......like, what are these even?
High tech is pressure based not footsie imo

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Advance tech should be able to reflect multiple hits from projectiles. It's so shit atm. But is rather had shield tech work sort of like wowo's parry where she'd get frame advantage and possibly a buff (like the one suggested for high tech)

Koor

Hot Gyahbage
High tech is pressure based not footsie imo
I can agree that this is the overall goal as HT. She wants to get in their face and work her magic. But when you consider opponents like D'vo, Brotha Khan or Hung Jin, it'll be incredibly tough to get from point A to point B just due to their reach. I just feel like Jacqui doesnt have that sweet spot on the screen where the opponent has to respect her unless shes directly in their face.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I can agree that this is the overall goal as HT. She wants to get in their face and work her magic. But when you consider opponents like D'vo, Brotha Khan or Hung Jin, it'll be incredibly tough to get from point A to point B just due to their reach. I just feel like Jacqui doesnt have that sweet spot on the screen where the opponent has to respect her unless shes directly in their face.
She does in full auto :D

And her walk speed is what makes her great. You can walk out of pressure and punish with f12.

It'd be nice if d3 reached further or d4 had faster startup, but that might be too much, especially for full auto.

d4 qb, b14 and sometimes kara f3 and f4 get me in well.

Buts its mostly d4 does the jump well for me.