What's new

General/Other - Jacqui Briggs Jacqui Briggs buff wish list thread

Malec

Noob
Mmmmk, so I updated the original post in light of everything.

I think everything I have requested is more than fair. I would have also requested slightly less cooldown on df2 in full auto but I know that people whinge about that move enough already (even though almost half the cast can punish from halfscreen ._.)

Please tell me what you think Jacqui mains.

Also, other people who don't use her, are these buffs reasonable? Am I asking for too much?
the only 2 things I would add ist to change the input for her 44u/4u4 or whatever the input is
give shotgun an anti air that reliable works, I dont care which on it is, df2; b1; d2; 44u; f2; f3. there are a lot of possibilities that kinda look like they should anti air, just none of them work right now.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
UNIVERSAL
- Tech shield has slightly faster startup (9 frames down from 11) FASTER DAMNIT I NEED A GOOD REFLECT
- Tech shield builds 1/4 a bar of meter for successfully absorbing a projectile Hmmm, she doesn't really need to use meter in combos unless you're in Full Auto so this probably isn't too important
- ex bf2 is safe on block (-4) That'd be good, then we'd have a safe special to cancel in to

Reason: Tech shield in it's current form is not all that useful. Making it slightly faster and having an actual reward would be incredibly helpful. As it stands she gets like 1/10th a bar of meter and is stuck in recovery so long they can often run in and pressure you, even though you did the right thing. Then decrease the recovery on Tech Shield and maybe make it an actual reflect without meter

There is literally no use for ex bf2 in it's current state. Since it doesn't grant a combo on hit (while regular one does) it's not too much to ask for this to at least be safe. Yeah if not EX BF2 then at least something, BF4 itself maybe

FULL AUTO
- db2 has slightly faster startup (10 frames down from 12) Still about as slow as her uppercut, either make DB2 faster or her uppercut faster by about a third I reckon

Reason This will allow it to be used more reliably as an anti-air (which it is meant to be)

SHOTGUN
- df2 hitbox adjusted so it anti-airs Yeah this has a generally shit hitbox, not sure what it's supposed to be useful for especially since it only leaves you +1 on hit. I don't think it's even supposed to be an anti-air but if they don't buff her uppercut then I guess this could be used too
- df2 has slightly faster startup (10 frames down from 12) Good idea also

Reason: Shotgun Jacqui desperately needs some sort of anti-air See, I think that's what 4u4 is supposed to be useful for but I haven't practised using it yet so I'm not too sure myself how effective it is

HIGH TECH
- Faster startup on gauntlet charge (45 frames down from 60) Hell even 45 might be too slow, 35 would be nice. It's still slower than Mileenas F3 :DOGE
- Faster startup on quick burst (10-11 frames down from 15) QUICKER

Reason: The current startup of gauntlet charge is ridiculous. 45 frames is more than enough. Yes yes and more yes.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
df2 in shotgun needs more in general.
More range, right? It's kind of crazy that it only goes like 2 character lengths. It needs the range that Lobo had at least. Also, High Tech df2 needs a bigger hitbox all around it. It needs to be like Yun's palm strike.

Full auto is probably fine as is.

Malec

Noob
More range, right? It's kind of crazy that it only goes like 2 character lengths. It needs the range that Lobo had at least. Also, High Tech df2 needs a bigger hitbox all around it. It needs to be like Yun's palm strike.

Full auto is probably fine as is.
I dont think df2 shotgun needs more range, it just needs a purpose to be used, anti air would be a viable option, or give alot more frames on hit

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
I dont think df2 shotgun needs more range, it just needs a purpose to be used, anti air would be a viable option, or give alot more frames on hit
It might have some purpose if it had more range. Right now it's range is about the same as b2, which is just ridiculous. I'm not really in favor of it having aa properties because it doesn't look like an aa. If it had more range it could actually catch people on the way up that are trying to jump low shot. I believe shotgun was supposed to be her footsies variation, but they forgot to give her a tool to compliment low shot getting jumped.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
It might have some purpose if it had more range. Right now it's range is about the same as b2, which is just ridiculous. I'm not really in favor of it having aa properties because it doesn't look like an aa. If it had more range it could actually catch people on the way up that are trying to jump low shot. I believe shotgun was supposed to be her footsies variation, but they forgot to give her a tool to compliment low shot getting jumped.
Yeah, I just wanted to give it some sort of use. Considering high tech's is a pretty decent anti-air, the thought came to me that this would be good too.

Malec

Noob
I believe shotgun was supposed to be her footsies variation, but they forgot to give her a tool to compliment low shot getting jumped.
a crazy idea would be, to give her d/f2 shotgun an insane pushback on block, right to be at dust range after the block

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Also... non gameplay related but, Jacqui's got some of the best lines in the game, non of which are ever spoken after her most frequently used combo ender BF4 [only the MB version]. You usually hear her talk her 5h!t after moves that are hardly used. Would love to hear her amazing lines after her regular BF4 as it's commonly used to end combos and would make her more hype [possibly used by more players]. Her lines are too sick to not hear often, currently entire matches can go on without hearing her dialogue.

And please... any other simplified command for her 4,4~u roundhouse which is safe and so good, especially in the corner. As of now, it's risky even trying it in certain [need this move immediately] situations due to the iffy command.

@colt Sorry to tag you for something so not urgent when I know you're busy with other important issues. Just thought maybe these simple tweaks would be a breath of fresh air compared to whatever else you're dealing with.

Forgive me. And also thanks again for adjusting Ms. Brigg's hitbox issues.

Last edited:

JustinXavier21

The rose that grew from concrete
I was hoping to come into this thread and say ‘you all suck, she only needs like 2 fixes’ but when I started writing, I noticed a fair few things. I’ve listed below the issues I’ve identified (most of them are more grounded than other things I’ve seen in the thread; I don’t think we should be speeding a bunch of stuff up or messing with the frames and the anti-air issue is something universal that most characters have to deal with. That's something that us as players should be working around.

Standing 4
Issue: Fastest mid and most reliable punish button, but doesn’t combo into BF2 reliably.
Suggestion: Adjust to consistently into BF2 on hit. Expand the hitbox downwards and outwards very slightly to let it contend with low pokes when it is out first. *this should give us a fair punish for moves that recover quickly with low hurt-boxes. They're not intended to be safe, but Jacqui's tools are sometimes just too slow or require perfect frame timing. She already has the move we need, we just need it to combo properly.

F121
Issue: Broken. Last hit is an overhead…but it won’t come out if the F12 was blocked!
Suggestion: Fix it. Full string should come out on block. *generally improves her pressure game slightly by encouraging people to block.

DB1
Issue: Risky and slow with no real incentive.
Suggestion: Significantly higher meter gain (25% of a bar on each successful use seems fair). Justifies the risk entirely.

exBF2
Issue: Literally useless. All alternatives are faster/more damaging with the same risk. 9% is a joke.
Suggestion: Make it safe or ideally neutral (in Jacqui’s case, that means +2) on block. *should be easy enough for sharp players to deal with (you'd just jump over her or use a quick string on wake-up), but it gives the Jacqui a nice set of options at all levels.

Hi Tech
Issue: Nullifying projectiles is pointless as she has a better option for it. Charges are built slowly in comparison to similar characters and charge pressure can’t be sustained.
Suggestion: Successful Quick Burst on a projectile should build a single charge. BF1 should build a single charge (6% uncharged, 11% charged, 17% fully charged?) Allow Jacqui to refresh charge whilst charged [enabling her to sacrifice oki to remain charged]. *QB is ok - we don't need to break it by speeding a bunch of stuff up, but this option encourages us to balance oki and positioning with the need to stay charged.

Shotgun
Issue: Limited options to mix-up in a mix-up oriented variation.
Solution: Make DF2 +9 on hit. Initially it could be linked out of - like Kano's Eye Laser but was nerfed (instead of fixed) on day one to remove the infinite. Adjust it to knock down on a second use (like Kano). This provides us with a solid corner combo solution for SG and good mix-ups if we can land it during footsies. *Jacqui's frame advantage after landing a D1/D3/D4 aren't the best, but this would at least provide us with a decent reward once we get things started.

Issue: Dust doesn’t work consistently after B14~BF2 and Kara 4~BF2.
Solution: This is a more complex problem. I’m firmly AGAINST increasing the range on Dust, as it would unbalance her. The only method I can think of is by reducing the knockback slightly after a BF2. This would make her universal combos slightly easier but this doesn’t sound unreasonable.

Full Auto
Finished. Congratulations - don't listen to these guys, FA is pretty well designed at this point and it’s been figured out. Fixing the F121 string is sufficient.

Other:
Fatality 2: Fix the Audio Sync issue on her Second Fatality…pls
B33: consider adjustment to make it either...completely safe on block, or allow it to combo consistently after a cross up JIP. It's crazy to have it whiff on hit and connect on block.

@colt @theJacquiInitiative

Kind regards,

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
exBF2
Issue: Literally useless. All alternatives are faster/more damaging with the same risk. 9% is a joke.
Suggestion: Make it safe or ideally neutral (in Jacqui’s case, that means +2) on block. *should be easy enough for sharp players to deal with (you'd just jump over her or use a quick string on wake-up), but it gives the Jacqui a nice set of options at all levels.
brutalities aren't useless

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
I was hoping to come into this thread and say ‘you all suck
Well, that's not very nice.

Standing 4
Issue: Fastest mid and most reliable punish button, but doesn’t combo into BF2 reliably.
Reliably? It's just doesn't combo into BF2 at all, because the hit advantage on 4 and the start up on BF2 don't make it possible. Use 4 into BF4 if you trust your punish.

F121
Issue: Broken. Last hit is an overhead…but it won’t come out if the F12 was blocked!
Suggestion: Fix it. Full string should come out on block. *generally improves her pressure game slightly by encouraging people to block.
F121 is not broken at all. F12 is neutral on block as well, one of our best tools. Use F12~DF2 to make your opponent not duck and encourage them to block. Then use your F12~DB2 which is +11 on block allowing you to continue pressuring.

Full Auto
Finished. Congratulations - don't listen to these guys
Well, that's not very nice either.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
The game data says f121 is a mid.. idk where you got that it's an overhead from. So even if it came out on block it won't be a mixup <___>

E

Eldriken

brutalities aren't useless
Agreed. I never knew there was a Brutality for EX bf4 until I unlocked it. I always try to end combos that will finish off my opponent with EX bf4 for the Brutality.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
F121
If f121 was an overhead and came out on block, and was safe, this would be much more of a buff for full auto than decreasing db2 startup frames by 2 (which is all I asked for). Especially coupled with bf2 being safe on block, this would make full auto incredibly viable. Like really so.

Issue: Nullifying projectiles is pointless as she has a better option for it. Charges are built slowly in comparison to similar characters and charge pressure can’t be sustained.
Suggestion: Successful Quick Burst on a projectile should build a single charge. BF1 should build a single charge (6% uncharged, 11% charged, 17% fully charged?) Allow Jacqui to refresh charge whilst charged [enabling her to sacrifice oki to remain charged]. *QB is ok - we don't need to break it by speeding a bunch of stuff up, but this option encourages us to balance oki and positioning with the need to stay charged.
This is not enough for high tech. This still doesn't address her anti-air issue nor the fact that similar characters (eg liu Kang and scorpion) get much better block pressure from their run cancels. Sure, she may get a pseudo 50/50 after (because they can poke out) but since she requires her stamina, she doesn't get much damage from it at all. It would not break quick burst if it was 2-5 frames faster.

I don't use shotgun much so can't really comment on that.

f1 is superior to s4 in every way, there really isn't much incentive to buff it if I'm honest.

Besides that your other two suggestions were the same as mine.

JustinXavier21

The rose that grew from concrete
Well, that's not very nice.
lol my humble apologies - I genuinely thought she was (almost) fine as she is was and that everyone was complaining about stuff...but to be honest, she could do with a little work.

Reliably? It's just doesn't combo into BF2 at all, because the hit advantage on 4 and the start up on BF2 don't make it possible. Use 4 into BF4 if you trust your punish.
Combos in the video above, but spacing is tight. The obvious advantage over F1 (@TrulyAmiracle) is that it's just way faster. I still use it a fair bit into SG, QB or Machine Gun when I'm not in the mood to see my 1 or 3 whiff or risk being to slow with an F1. We could do with a 'fast' mid that punishes into the big boy combos?

The game data says f121 is a mid.. idk where you got that it's an overhead from. So even if it came out on block it won't be a mixup <___> ... If f121 was an overhead and came out on block, and was safe, this would be much more of a buff for full auto than decreasing db2 startup frames by 2 (which is all I asked for). Especially coupled with bf2 being safe on block, this would make full auto incredibly viable. Like really so.
@WidowPuppy
Overhead shown in the text during the video above. Totally understand the applications of F12, but there is NEVER a reason to stand after F1/F12 - the DB2 is lovely when the opponent hasn't seen it before, but it whiffs on [most?] characters who crouch block anyway allowing for a full punish...so we mix up with DF2 which they always block (fine in principle), or finish on either F1 or F12 into a neutral game mix up...but as we know, being neutral with Jacqui is a strange beast. You either check them with a D1, they d1/3/4 at you, or you walk back and punish the poke. I don't really accept DB3 or throw as good options because people can kind of react to the 'she's doing something' after the F1/F12

This is not enough for high tech. This still doesn't address her anti-air issue nor the fact that similar characters (eg liu Kang and scorpion) get much better block pressure from their run cancels. Sure, she may get a pseudo 50/50 after (because they can poke out) but since she requires her stamina, she doesn't get much damage from it at all. It would not break quick burst if it was 2-5 frames faster.
From the right range, it'll work as an anti-air, but I don't think it's designed to BE an anti-air...The speed suggestion would always be nice, but I just don't see how it would actively improve her game plan. I think the innate ability to be charged more frequently would be better than trying to make her work like Johnny and Scorp do? The DD4 and F2 string along with a general damage and chip increase suggest that we should be looking at more charges? Thoughts?

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
lol my humble apologies - I genuinely thought she was (almost) fine as she is was and that everyone was complaining about stuff...but to be honest, she could do with a little work.

Combos in the video above, but spacing is tight. The obvious advantage over F1 (@TrulyAmiracle) is that it's just way faster. I still use it a fair bit into SG, QB or Machine Gun when I'm not in the mood to see my 1 or 3 whiff or risk being to slow with an F1. We could do with a 'fast' mid that punishes into the big boy combos?

@WidowPuppy
Overhead shown in the text during the video above. Totally understand the applications of F12, but there is NEVER a reason to stand after F1/F12 - the DB2 is lovely when the opponent hasn't seen it before, but it whiffs on [most?] characters who crouch block anyway allowing for a full punish...so we mix up with DF2 which they always block (fine in principle), or finish on either F1 or F12 into a neutral game mix up...but as we know, being neutral with Jacqui is a strange beast. You either check them with a D1, they d1/3/4 at you, or you walk back and punish the poke. I don't really accept DB3 or throw as good options because people can kind of react to the 'she's doing something' after the F1/F12

From the right range, it'll work as an anti-air, but I don't think it's designed to BE an anti-air...The speed suggestion would always be nice, but I just don't see how it would actively improve her game plan. I think the innate ability to be charged more frequently would be better than trying to make her work like Johnny and Scorp do? The DD4 and F2 string along with a general damage and chip increase suggest that we should be looking at more charges? Thoughts?
Interesting Justin...I was unable to get it to connect, maybe it's character specific, male/female/something. I totally would not mind the 3rd hit of F12 coming out on block as it would add some mix ups, just afraid to ask for things to come out on block with Ms. Briggs because, that's her saving grace with B2 and B33 with all her specials being insanely punishable.

Are you able to connect a run 12~BF4 after the 4~BF2 Justin?

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
  • Jaqui - Stanky Leg (BK ~up BK) is now listed in the movelist
That's Jacqui's patch note, lol. Oh well, at least they did not crucify her. I just wanted VO's after her BF4. :(

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
Kitana got buffed like Kenshi, i guess Jacqui's fanbase isnt loud enough to get her inferior variations buffed.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Guys I've change my mind.

If f121 came out on block and ex bf2 was safe (or even +2) full auto would be sooooooooooooo much better.

High tech still needs faster quick burst and shotgun still needs some form of anti air though.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Guys I've change my mind.

If f121 came out on block and ex bf2 was safe (or even +2) full auto would be sooooooooooooo much better.

High tech still needs faster quick burst and shotgun still needs some form of anti air though.
Don't think they would allow 11+ frames on DB2 then. Pretty sure that was the logic behind it not coming out on block. Block the last hit or get put at 11 negative frames. Sure it's a guess but, I think that was Paulo's logic. I'll take it but, I'd rather have the DB2 remain the same on block. If she got that, it would be SOOOO DIRTY, lol.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Don't think they would allow 11+ frames on DB2 then. Pretty sure that was the logic behind it not coming out on block. Block the last hit or get put at 11 negative frames. Sure it's a guess but, I think that was Paulo's logic. I'll take it but, I'd rather have the DB2 remain the same on block. If she got that, it would be SOOOO DIRTY, lol.
I don't think it would make her that OP though to be honest. I mean seriously. She still wouldn't crack top 5.

Considering she's only +6 if the f121 hits, it's not that great. Also, it seems like it was meant to come out on block what with block advantage listed in the frame data and absolutely no other reason to use it.