What's new

Combo List - Jacqui Briggs Jacqui 'Bae' Briggs Combo Science Thread

I love my FA Jaqui, but she is a harder character to use offline. Notice I said, "offline." Online. Sheesh. I be pushing the shit outa 1 and it never comes out when its supposed to. When I do play online though, I love spamming DF2 LOL. No I'm kidding.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I don't know if this is known or not, but in the corner you can hit a nj1 after a grounded bf2 (must be nj1 as nj2 is 2 frames slower). It's probably a 1 frame link but it does exist. It might even be character/stance dependent.
yeah you can do either, it doesnt have to be like naked or anything though, you can do it off all her starters. iirc it might just not work on some characters. it seems pointless though because it only scales her damage more.

Last edited:

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Does F2U22+4 bounce up enough for a conversion in any other variation? Because if so then this

could be done in more than just Full Auto, which would be cool.
No, only if your fists are charged in high tech. You get about the same bounce on lvl 1 and a much higher bounce on level 2.

Also you can get 33% off it in full auto if you do 12~db2, 12, 11~df2 (11/12 can be used interchangeably there i just like mixing it up). I normally just convert with d1~db2 because it's easier though.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
yeah you can do either, it doesn't have to be like naked or anything though, you can do it off all her starters. iirc it might just not work on some characters. it seems pointless though because it only scales her damage more.
You're right, you can even do it off her b2~bf2. Also, you can piano 1,2 as you are rising to make it much easier to connect (2 frame link?). I'm not sure what you mean about the damage scaling (maybe in FA?) but in shotgun it only seems to add damage. You can also connect a ji3 after the njp. Altogether, it's probably not worth it due to the difficulty though.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
You're right, you can even do it off her b2~bf2. Also, you can piano 1,2 as you are rising to make it much easier to connect (2 frame link?). I'm not sure what you mean about the damage scaling (maybe in FA?) but in shotgun it only seems to add damage. You can also connect a ji3 after the njp. Altogether, it's probably not worth it due to the difficulty though.
oh in shotgun it probably does add a percent or two. my bad about the damage scaling, it's more an issue that it increases gravity and prevents you from maximizing in full auto. in high tech it seems to tie what you can get without it.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
If there was a way to get a low shot restand from b2 that works on all hitboxes we'd be set with the vortex. Right now it seems like it only works on females since b2 low shot seems to restand them from any distance.
I have been working on this and think I found a solution. It's costs meter but seems to work well. After a b2~bf2 run cancel about a 1/2 step or just walk slightly forward for a frame then do ex dust. This will allow you to keep the vortex going on just about any character (needs more testing).

Last edited:

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
I have been working on this and think I found a solution. It's costs meter but seems to work well. After a b2~bf2 run cancel about a 1/2 step then do ex dust. This will allow you to keep the vortex going on just about any character (needs more testing).
After further review, you can simply walk forward ever so slightly and ex dust. Timing is fairly strict.

learis1

Guardian Cadet
So I just started playing Jacqui. I never would have expected her to remind me of SF4 Sagat. But she has the ability to cancel the step animations on her lunging kick moves into her overhead, just like Sagat can cancel his lunging kick moves into his specials in SF4. Lol, it's really cool.

Edit: oops, forgot this was the combo thread and not general discussion. my bad.

Lulzlou

Noob

Edit 1:You can get 67% if you link xray at the end of 12.
Most of the time you wouldn't be able to get away with 2 sparks so its better to spend the meter to get auto level 2. Good to know, if you can get away with it of course.

Edit 2: B33 starter is 49%, 121 is 46% and b14 is 45%

Last edited:

Laziman5898

"Cassie , D'vorah , Jacqui and Tanya are killers"
Flashy corner combo -41%
Full Auto, No meter
b33 - db3 - 33 db2 - 12 - bf4
If you squeeze a njp after the db3 it ups the damage and makes it easier to link can't remember what the damage is of the top of my head ;)

Has anyone found any corner stuff for shotgun because so far I just have to rely on air cancel pressure

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
If you squeeze a njp after the db3 it ups the damage and makes it easier to link can't remember what the damage is of the top of my head ;)

Has anyone found any corner stuff for shotgun because so far I just have to rely on air cancel pressure
Overhead starter:
B2~BF2, 33~BF4 -29%
B2~BF2, 11, 11, 12~BF4 -29%

Low Starter:
B33~BF2, 11, 11, 11, 113~DF2 -32%
B33~BF2, 33~BF4 -31%

What is this air cancel pressure that you speak of?

Laziman5898

Overhead starter:
B2~BF2, 33~BF4 -29%
B2~BF2, 11, 11, 12~BF4 -29%

Low Starter:
B33~BF2, 11, 11, 11, 113~DF2 -32%
B33~BF2, 33~BF4 -31%

What is this air cancel pressure that you speak of?
I takes a lot of practice but once mastered it's a very good tool although there are plenty of holes within it , what you wanna do is knockdown the opponent run over there body lying down tap block neutral jump into air ground smash , continue to do so until they respect it , then once they do air smash fake straight into overhead /B2 , if they start to guess the gimmick either fac kie into low /b3 or do an actual ground smash , this pressure reverses wake ups and if they delay wake up has to hit them however they can instantly get up and do an anti-air to stop pressure , so far no one has done this on me but you can do it.

Note all anti air wakeups they have been reversed whiff if done correctly so your ground smash will hit a AGS or you will be able to full combo punish if ASF

Don't know if this is any help but yeah

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
I takes a lot of practice but once mastered it's a very good tool although there are plenty of holes within it , what you wanna do is knockdown the opponent run over there body lying down tap block neutral jump into air ground smash , continue to do so until they respect it , then once they do air smash fake straight into overhead /B2 , if they start to guess the gimmick either fac kie into low /b3 or do an actual ground smash , this pressure reverses wake ups and if they delay wake up has to hit them however they can instantly get up and do an anti-air to stop pressure , so far no one has done this on me but you can do it.

Note all anti air wakeups they have been reversed whiff if done correctly so your ground smash will hit a AGS or you will be able to full combo punish if ASF

Don't know if this is any help but yeah
That's interesting. I'll try it out. I like wakeup reversals. Did you say it OTG's if they delay wake up?

Laziman5898

That's interesting. I'll try it out. I like wakeup reversals. Did you say it OTG's if they delay wake up?
Only sometimes , something I've been working on but most of the time if they do delay wake up the move is that slow it catches stand up so you could class it as an OTG but at the same time I wouldn't really say it was :( , if I find anything with it I'll let all you guys know

Invincibeast

Stay Free

Its actually the same percentage, 41%. And in my opinion it makes it harder to link because the NJP increases gravity. But to each's own.

JustinXavier21

The rose that grew from concrete
So we've had a few weeks working with Jacqui and she seems (unfortunately) quite straight forward in terms of combo pathways. I'll be massively simplifying the original post over the next few days as we don't need frame by frame punishes for someone who's combo and damage are almost identical off everything except for 33 and B2 lol

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
So we've had a few weeks working with Jacqui and she seems (unfortunately) quite straight forward in terms of combo pathways. I'll be massively simplifying the original post over the next few days as we don't need frame by frame punishes for someone who's combo and damage are almost identical off everything except for 33 and B2 lol
Yeah I agree, did you check this thread? http://testyourmight.com/threads/kung-jin-living-guide-thread.49650/
I like the format he used. I'm working on a similar one to have some basic punishes and BnBs in the Jacqui strategy thread. Been too busy with work/school lately and trying to find some High tech stuff tho >__>