What's new

Combo List - Jacqui Briggs Jacqui 'Bae' Briggs Combo Science Thread

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I'm starting to think it isn't possible to run combo after bf2. Have you been able to do it? I'm pulling off run combos right and left with the exception of after a bf2. I've literally never hit it once.
Yes it is, it depends on what you use before it. I know you can off f1, 33, 233, f2, and 121. Run up and do something like 12~bf4. The timing is pretty tight though, it's going to take a bit to get it down.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
So the highest practical corner combo I've found with high tech jacqui so far:

(on lvl 2 charge) b2~bf2, f2u22+4, 11, 11, 11~df2 - 41%

off a normal starter like 121~bf2 you get 39%. i also substitute the first 11 with 21 because it looks cooler lol, but they both end up at 39. the highest is 44% off a 33 starter, but that's not normally practical

if anyone else finds something higher in that variation, let me know

off a normal starter like 121~bf2 you get 39%. i also substitute the first 11 with 21 because it looks cooler lol, but they both end up at 39. the highest is 44% off a 33 starter, but that's not normally practical

Nice, i and many others don't have the game yet so we have to ask other for jacqui tech

IKizzLE

BloodHound

Have you found any midscreen or corner combos that give a hard knockdown for you to setup a fist charge?
Also possibly some ground pound shenanigans?

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Have you found any midscreen or corner combos that give a hard knockdown for you to setup a fist charge?
Also possibly some ground pound shenanigans?
For fist charge, not really tbh as far as something to cancel into it. She doesn't have anything that puts them down long enough to get it safely, it seems more like a distance dependent thing to keep it safe. I'm testing against Reptile's dash though so slower wakeups might give better options. I'm thinking of setting up fist charges after combos you can't run cancel combo, like f2~bf2, finishing with bf1 to put them fullscreen and fist charging. Might get blown up by teleports, I'll have to see.

As far as ground pound, this is probably the best variation for it. Fist charge (even level 1) makes ground pound unblockable, though it gives it a little bit shorter range. So I'm trying things like jp/jk cancelled into gp, mixed up with the fakeout if they read it and try something. Also, jp/jk into gp does NOT seem to be interruptable, even if you hit while higher in the air, though it can be blown up by armor. However, the fakeout is safe, so if they make the wrong read and try to armor you can block and punish.

edit: they can also backdash that, but you can punish with the fakeout with bf1. whether you can do that on reaction will come through experience, i can't tell enough yet.

Last edited:
Not really tbh as far as something to cancel into it. She doesn't have anything that puts them down long enough to get it safely, it seems more like a distance dependent thing to keep it safe. I'm testing against Reptile's dash though so slower wakeups might give better options. I'm thinking of setting up fist charges after combos you can't run cancel combo, like f2~bf2, finishing with bf1 to put them fullscreen and fist charging. Might get blown up by teleports, I'll have to see.

As far as ground pound, this is probably the best variation for it. Fist charge (even level 1) makes ground pound unblockable, though it gives it a little bit shorter range. So I'm trying things like jp/jk cancelled into gp, mixed up with the fakeout if they read it and try something. Also, jp/jk into gp does NOT seem to be interruptable, even if you hit while higher in the air, though it can be blown up by armor. However, the fakeout is safe, so if they make the wrong read and try to armor you can block and punish.
Great info bro.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
For fist charge, not really tbh as far as something to cancel into it. She doesn't have anything that puts them down long enough to get it safely, it seems more like a distance dependent thing to keep it safe. I'm testing against Reptile's dash though so slower wakeups might give better options. I'm thinking of setting up fist charges after combos you can't run cancel combo, like f2~bf2, finishing with bf1 to put them fullscreen and fist charging. Might get blown up by teleports, I'll have to see.

edit: they can also backdash that, but you can punish with the fakeout with bf1. whether you can do that on reaction will come through experience, i can't tell enough yet.
Good shit, thanks.

What is the range on her df2(I think thats the notation for the plasma blast) comparable to? I'm not expecting sektor b1, but I'm wondering if it will be a viable footsie tool to throw out and not get blown up on whiff.

And for hi-tech variation, what is the BnB midscreen combos looking like? I know in the first post, their was a 36% midscreen off 33 but that was thanks to the low shotgun extending combos(something thats not in hi tech).

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Good shit, thanks.

What is the range on her df2(I think thats the notation for the plasma blast) comparable to? I'm not expecting sektor b1, but I'm wondering if it will be a viable footsie tool to throw out and not get blown up on whiff.

And for hi-tech variation, what is the BnB midscreen combos looking like? I know in the first post, their was a 36% midscreen off 33 but that was thanks to the low shotgun extending combos(something thats not in hi tech).
Her df2 does not have much range. Her charges give it a little bit more, but it's not that much. It seems like it'll be more used as a combo ender or string ender for chip. Might be able to figure out pressure since you can dash cancel it, but if it works like that it'll involve fast run cancelling which I'm trying but not sure if it works yet.

Her midscreen bnb's won't do that much. The thing about this variation, from what I can tell, is that it's really dependent on getting your charges up. Her highest normal midscreen bnb I can see without charges is only 25% (233~bf2, run, 12~bf4). With charges I can get 27% on level 1 and 29% on level 2. With 33, which I don't think should normally be used but can punish some things, the max i can get is 33% on level 2. With level 2 and using the f2u22+4 starter (which gives a much easier run combo) I can get 35% ending with 1212~bf1.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
EX Low Rocket is a must use in the corner in Full Auto. If you only have one bar you use it here. There's too many options to lead to corner combos.

For example, something I've been using consistently against my friend is B14 EX Low Rocket into setups. MIT's super safe and leaves you really positive on hit of the low. It's quick but the speed favors Jacqui and you control the action. Anything he does instantly I block and punish for full corner combo which she gets a lot for a meterless. If they react to block low you let it go off while following up with an instant overhead for full combo. If they block high you release it for full combo. If the armor after low rocket you have enough time to block and full combo punish.

We've ran this for hours and it's worked about 25 out of 26 times, and that 1 time could've been my error.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Ok so.. Jacqui has an infinite >__>;
I was hoping she won't have anything that'll make them patch her but nope lol.

Edit: nvm they already fixed it? the fuck..

Last edited:

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Ok so.. Jacqui has an infinite >__>;
I was hoping she won't have anything that'll make them patch her but nope lol.

Edit: nvm they already fixed it? the fuck..
Yeah, it was already fixed before it was found, they just hadn't had that updated yet.

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
EX Low Rocket is a must use in the corner in Full Auto. If you only have one bar you use it here. There's too many options to lead to corner combos.

For example, something I've been using consistently against my friend is B14 EX Low Rocket into setups. MIT's super safe and leaves you really positive on hit of the low. It's quick but the speed favors Jacqui and you control the action. Anything he does instantly I block and punish for full corner combo which she gets a lot for a meterless. If they react to block low you let it go off while following up with an instant overhead for full combo. If they block high you release it for full combo. If the armor after low rocket you have enough time to block and full combo punish.

We've ran this for hours and it's worked about 25 out of 26 times, and that 1 time could've been my error.
Are you sure this works on every character? I've found Low Rocket in the corner to be extremely inconsistent against characters with smaller hurtboxes (i.e. Cassie Cage, D'Vorah, etc.)

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Ah that sucks, she barely had any combo extenders including that.. plus it was unique as NRS games don't usually have links like that :|

it's lookin like what Derek said about her combos being universal across variations might be false, as of now her combo extenders are all variation specific and work differently..

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Are you sure this works on every character? I've found Low Rocket in the corner to be extremely inconsistent against characters with smaller hurtboxes (i.e. Cassie Cage, D'Vorah, etc.)
I'll double check against Cassie later. Played Scorpion, Sub, and Liu Kang with it.