What's new

"It's True. I Turn Evil." Enchantress General Discussion

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
You couldn't be more wrong. The hex is super important to her gameplay. Obviously you're not supposed to throw it out in footsie range. You have a trait, that literally walks down the opponent. Hex them there. The only way out is to backdash. Oh no guess what, they're giving you space. Do it again, you will likely catch them. If the character has a projectile throw up reflect and hex them. Why does that work? Cause they'll have to block the projectile that's reflected back at them. Reflect, curse, trait all work in tandem. Y'all really hate for characterrs to actually require skill and a gameplan or any sense of thought huh. You're not winning with her against most if you don't properly utilize the curses. Furthermore it's been legit 3 hours. Chill out with the witchhunts and assumptions. Jesus.
One thing I cant tell you with 100% certainty is that anyone that can full screen check you with a move makes your "gameplan" null. If the demon moved a bit faster and walked the whole stage or atleast most of it then maybe it would fan out better but it doesnt. You wanna play b2 footies? Atro doesnt care cause he just has to wait for you to do a normal and punish your obsolete range with his.

TLDR im salty she isnt what I expected her to be and feels god awful to play.

SixPathsOfHate

Righteous! Thank ya kindly for that clarification :)

So far, it seems the Hex move is the worst of the set because it takes so long to get out. Uncle JBeezY will challenge this and find ways to set up for curses. Honestly, that move WILL be the game changer the whole damn match regardless of the matchup.
Summoning trait and throwing up wall is a good way to give you space.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Standing 2 hit adv doesn't change depending on height :(

S2 does have a hit box similar to zatannas f2 so you could do b3 dash into s2 and they'll land on the other side. But only +1

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
You can use hex pressure.

Cancel a string into hex they should be scare to hit a button because of the MB.

I'll look into the cancel adv on her strings

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I mean... You are not figuring out a character in a few hours lol.
She is pretty different and honestly I see a looot of potential in her.
Her wake-up is surprisingly very decent, get neutral is good and her curses are extremely good.
Her j2 is over the top imo and her trait is good.

Obviously we are all losing a lot right now because well... She is new lol

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
One thing I cant tell you with 100% certainty is that anyone that can full screen check you with a move makes your "gameplan" null. If the demon moved a bit faster and walked the whole stage or atleast most of it then maybe it would fan out better but it doesnt. You wanna play b2 footies? Atro doesnt care cause he just has to wait for you to do a normal and punish your obsolete range with his.

TLDR im salty she isnt what I expected her to be and feels god awful to play.
You realize u have a super active parry that can shut down his mid range options of f2 and b2. If canary can do fine against atro, enchantress should be fine. The fact that u are ready to say matchups are bad THIS early tells me all i need to know about what kind of player you are. If she is underwhelming to you that's fine drop her and keep it moving. Don't make every other post negative in here or go on rants about how she sucks especially 5 hours after she's released. Thanks.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Her b2, j2, and 12 is already a reason why she doesn't suck.

If you have good fundamentals you should do well with her.

Get the hit first then go ham with all the set ups

SixPathsOfHate

You realize u have a super active parry that can shut down his mid range options of f2 and b2. If canary can do fine against atro, enchantress should be fine. The fact that u are ready to say matchups are bad THIS early tells me all i need to know about what kind of player you are. If she is underwhelming to you that's fine drop her and keep it moving. Don't make every other post negative in here or go on rants about how she sucks especially 5 hours after she's released. Thanks.
Well its an opinion and opinions change. I hope I am proved wrong and someone shows me something I havent seen from her yet. Its a new character, still should be somethings I havent discovered.

SixPathsOfHate

From my games with her there have been 3 things to stick out the most and have been more than useful in winning matches.

S3: This move was one of the moves that I downplayed hard at the start but with more testing I found this is such a great tool. Any move that moves the hit box of the player like atom trait/any charge or slide move/and forward advancing strings get blown up against this move. People like robin/brainiac can give some this move some trouble but I've found that it usually just trades.

B2: Great footies normal. Good range. (Like having a pocket robin) If you confirm it into the 3 string you are +0 but pushes them back quite a bit andn allow for a free vanish if you expect them to use a forward advancing string.

J2: Amazing range. Fast. Great for crossups. Wish it could switch sides like SF but meh.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
122 being +1 is great especially with a 6f D1. This is her pressure tool once they respect the D1 go for 2 mix ups which honestly aren't that good right now but time will tell

1 staggered into b1 is like a 50/50 too

UPDATE the gap between 12 is about 8f (for trade) but you can cancel 1 into parry tho. But pretty risky.
At least there's no gap between the 22

Last edited:

SixPathsOfHate

122 being +1 is great especially with a 6f D1. This is her pressure tool once they respect the D1 go for 2 mix ups which honestly aren't that good right now but time will tell

1 staggered into b1 is like a 50/50 too

UPDATE the gap between 12 is about 8f (for trade) but you can cancel 1 into parry tho. But pretty risky.
At least there's no gap between the 22
Really wishing that b2 was an OH but this is good. Her 21 will be used like SG ice breathe where you can either hold it or release it earlier and your opponent has to react in time or they dont get the punish. Its a real test of patience and some think you are done and press a button. Theres alot of mind games for sure.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Really wishing that b2 was an OH but this is good. Her 21 will be used like SG ice breathe where you can either hold it or release it earlier and your opponent has to react in time or they dont get the punish. Its a real test of patience and some think you are done and press a button. Theres alot of mind games for sure.
I actually forgot 21 was a parry oops

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
I think she's really, really good, but she will definitely have some tough match-ups (Ivy, Atrocitus) and she's very high execution so yeah we probably won't see a ton of players.

But SonicFox wants to play her and I think that will be pretty incredible to watch.
High execution? She is ridiculously easy to play for how good she is.