What's new

Match Footage 'It's Part of My Charm' Nightwing Video Thread v1.06

Jeremy KO

*insert kotal kahn gibberish here*
Here's a 3/5 set I had with Insaynne a few weeks ago at my local. Didn't do as well as I would have hoped. Ignore the commentary if you'd like lol

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Me vs KDZ WoWo. I went into escrima more times then I wanted to, but I think my nerves are getting better.

@Sajam
@TheBoyBlunder
@GuamoKun
@macro
@all other nw players
Yeah, too much escrima, not enough j2 for air to air. The good part about being in escrima is after 33/b1 you can backdash her pressure and at most you eat a b2.

You didn't spend enough to getting to play, blocked way too much to really doing anything. Evasion is the best kind of defense, jump back 2 to stuff him jumping in or jump back 1 to stuff grounded approach would be better. This MU is hell if you WW gets to crawl all over you. You played solid though, didn't hit buttons when you shouldn't, and your defense was good. You don't look as nervous when you play anymore, which is awesome.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
One of the easiest matchups in the game. Not even 7L's GA is threatening.
Yeah, it's really rough.

Between how good are air to airs are, our pressure, j1 stuffing everything, stand 2 flipkick beating all his wakeups, and our damage output actually mattering it's rough.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Been saying this for a while. GA forums thinks it's 5-5.

There is no way in hell.

Nightwing full combo punishes d1~arrow (D1~ground pound)

He air to airs rather easily, and can shut down arrow quite easily.

The only time the matchup becomes slightly difficult is if GA catches you in escrima. Then you gotta respect the arrow pressure.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Chance everyone can punish d1 arrow lol, it's not this nw specific thing.

Also I've played it offline with 7L and have beaten him at the break, 6.5-3.5
Nw IMOIMO

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Been saying this for a while. GA forums thinks it's 5-5.

There is no way in hell.

Nightwing full combo punishes d1~arrow (D1~ground pound)

He air to airs rather easily, and can shut down arrow quite easily.

The only time the matchup becomes slightly difficult is if GA catches you in escrima. Then you gotta respect the arrow pressure.

Nw IMOIMO
I think I kan make the match up better.. I actually had time to play against a Nightwing offline this week but I used that short amount of time to play the MMH vs Nightwing Match instead.

Any of you want to try to play the match up online? Arrow's kounter zoning is very reaction based so there's going to be a lot of limitations but maybe we kan see how it is outside of that?

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
I think I kan make the match up better.. I actually had time to play against a Nightwing offline this week but I used that short amount of time to play the MMH vs Nightwing Match instead.

Any of you want to try to play the match up online? Arrow's kounter zoning is very reaction based so there's going to be a lot of limitations but maybe we kan see how it is outside of that?
My Dick is up for this.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
If I were GA I'd just do a D1 and wait for you to hang yourself doing d1 ground pound.
That's what the meta evolves into. But arrows d1 by itself is negative, and if he is just baiting the d1 ground pound, d2 (8f) ~ ground pound is not interuptable. At all ends, NW will have the advantage.

Nw IMOIMO
Not everyone can punish it for 30-40.

If you're d1 isn't 7f or lower I think you have trouble interupting the arrows. Don't quote me on that, as I only know when Nightwing can do things there.

But yea, the only time I ever have trouble in the match is when Green Arrow gets in on you while you are in escrima.