What's new

It would cost $6,440 to unlock all content in MK11. This is not OK.

Lisbeth

Kitana stole my sai
Contrary to what the internet says, the sky is not actually falling.

I was complaining just like everyone else. Then I spent some hours in the Krypt today, after learning more about how it’s set up, and actually loved it. Until I ran out of currencies, at least.

Once they increase the currency rewards, this is going to be quite enjoyable.
I still think the towers are super unfun, unlike Injustice 2 which there was just a couple of modifiers that I didn't like, now seems like every modifier was created to be annoying, not challenging. I still didn't tried the krypt after the day launch.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
The fact that they said DIRECTLY “no loot boxes” but then the Krypt is only loot boxes is downright false advertising.
But it turns out the Krypt is actually not filled with loot boxes. None of the contents are random. Each chest has a set price and contains very specific content.

I don’t think the “loot box” complaint works anymore now that we’ve learned more about how the Krypt is set up.

But it turns out the Krypt is actually not filled with loot boxes. None of the contents are random. Each chest has a set price and contains very specific content.

I don’t think the “loot box” complaint works anymore now that we’ve learned more about how the Krypt is set up.
I still wish I could find specific skins I want :( Well there's literally 1 skin I care about that I wish I had lol.

But the problem to me is that this should have NEVER been an issue. The fact that they said DIRECTLY “no loot boxes” but then the Krypt is only loot boxes is downright false advertising. This shouldn’t have come on release and it doesn’t matter if they “fix” it because it’s broken at the start. Don’t release a game if it isn’t ready.
The. Krypt. Does. Not. Have. Loot. Boxes.

For how much longer is this lie going to be spread?

DDustiNN

I still wish I could find specific skins I want :( Well there's literally 1 skin I care about that I wish I had lol.
Yeah same, there is one specific Jade skin I want. I do wish the locations weren’t randomized for each player. But I at least feel better knowing that the contents are not randomized loot drops.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
So wait is there an issue with the crypt? They even have the requirements so im lost on the complaints.

DDustiNN

So wait is there an issue with the crypt? They even have the requirements so im lost on the complaints.
There’s no issue with the Krypt itself. There’s just an issue with how much currency we earn to open the different kinds of Krypt chests.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
They are almost essentially loot boxes though; even though they have fixed rewards there is 600+ chests, so it’s a needle in a haystack situation. But then they complicate the issue because you can bring more boxes in via Kronika’s time clock.
So whilst it’s not a loot box, it’s a scavenger hunt that requires expendable amounts of resources that are utterly ridiculous to acquire. 1 fatality or brutality to just get a single heart? A chest costs 250 and those have the best stuff. That issue isn’t gone either. And i know they said they’re working on maker bigger rewards, so that’s a wait and see but it still doesn’t sit well with me that the game has made it extraordinarily difficult to get skins I want. And the ones that are found in towers of time have really difficult requirements once you finish the first one per character

It has gotten alot better. I like to play endless tower and usually i rake in 20k in about 10 minutes. Towers of time is also managable and the rewards are fairly big. I easily got like a 100k, shao kahn chest got specific gear, coordinates are now available on this forum. The grind is not the issue its the rewards that used to be a huge problem. My geras and my sub zero already look super dope(geras has pretty lame skins) i think i got an extra skin for every character now.

Gojira Prime

Zoner Green Lantern for Injustice 3.
So... it's day 2.
You have the OPTION to pay or you play to unlock.
You do not have to spend another dime on the game.

The real question is, would people be MORE upset if they couldn't pay to get items?
I was just talking to my brother about this. We both agreed if there wasn't even a store, no one would actually care about the grind. But there is one, so here we are.

SubZeroIce

Runway
It has gotten alot better. I like to play endless tower and usually i rake in 20k in about 10 minutes. Towers of time is also managable and the rewards are fairly big. I easily got like a 100k, shao kahn chest got specific gear, coordinates are now available on this forum. The grind is not the issue its the rewards that used to be a huge problem. My geras and my sub zero already look super dope(geras has pretty lame skins) i think i got an extra skin for every character now.
Coins are fairly easy. Now they need to buff the Fatality/heart stuff for Shao Kahn chests cause those need 6250 hearts JUST for the 250 heart chests... probably 9000+ with all the other 100 ones.

Ed Boon is such a joke.
That tweet is NOT how you address this.
Well the reddit post was massively informed. Like even if all skins were for purchase it isn't even practical to buy them all even if you wanted to. It would take forever. It's not really predatory just more mind numbing why they would do it. The post tried to make it seem like they were pulling some scumbaggery

All I can is that I won't be spending a cent on anything in the game, besides the Season Passes. And if only they could allow you to unlock DLC characters through the in-game money (like in Street Fighter V), I would try and do that instead. Just don't fall for it. Resist the temptation. It's better to grind.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Although I find a lot of MK11's decisions questionable and even openly greedy, this isn't one of them.

Because you're not SUPPOSED to buy the content, you're SUPPOSED to play it to unlock it. Pay-to-unlock is specifically there as an option to make NRS money off of impatient gamers. If you're an impatient gamer who can't be bothered to play the game like the rest of us, you have no sympathy from me.

I wouldn't care if it cost a billion dollars to unlock all the content by direct buy. All I care is if I can unlock it reasonably by playing. Which I certainly couldn't at release, but maybe that's changed -- too soon to say yet.
That's true, whithin reason. (sorry, had to)

I can't say much since I have played to unlock yet, and to be honest I do like the idea of playing the game to unlock everything I like, but there are limits. I've read that the amount of grinding taken is extremely high, and that might allure people into purchasing instead of playing for that stuff, which is dumb. Kind of like Battlefront 2.

I can't talk for experience though, since as I said I haven't even tried that stuff yet.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Boon disappointed me. Instead of saying that he is sorry for all this bullshit he continues to act as if he is right. The fuck is wrong with NRS. Even 1000$ is a lot. Fuck, 100$ is too much. This game is 60$ and I did right that I didn’t buy premium edition. I’m not buying shit NRS releases until there is a discount. Very disrespectful toward your consumers.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Boon disappointed me. Instead of saying that he is sorry for all this bullshit he continues to act as if he is right. The fuck is wrong with NRS. Even 1000$ is a lot. Fuck, 100$ is too much. This game is 60$ and I did right that I didn’t buy premium edition. I’m not buying shit NRS releases until there is a discount. Very disrespectful toward your consumers.
I honestly don't think it's Boon or NRS, but yeah it's pretty dumb.

Syd Barrett Lives

Italian Psychopath
The. Krypt. Does. Not. Have. Loot. Boxes.

For how much longer is this lie going to be spread?

The Krypt doesn't have loot boxes, the Krypt IS a loot box itself.

The fact that everyone has the same 600 chest but in different locations simply means that it's a different kind of RNG, not that there isn't randomness involved.
If I want a particular Sub-Zero skin (for example), I'm still supposed to open random chests until I find it. So it's random. So it's a loot box situation.

The can talk semantics all they want but this is facts.

Kratilim

Noob
The Krypt doesn't have loot boxes, the Krypt IS a loot box itself.

The fact that everyone has the same 600 chest but in different locations simply means that it's a different kind of RNG, not that there isn't randomness involved.
If I want a particular Sub-Zero skin (for example), I'm still supposed to open random chests until I find it. So it's random. So it's a loot box situation.

The can talk semantics all they want but this is facts.
Technically, we could eventually make a list of all the chests and their price and content. Since they are all fixed, you could look up the skin in the list, then look for a chest with the same value. But thats tedious with 600+ chests.

Just saw a video of somebody using a lockpick in the Krypt on a 250k koins chest. Got five skins and a tower key. If there are enough of these lockpicks and they work on the heart chests the system might not be as bad as I thought.

Rearawt

Noob
Well the reddit post was massively informed. Like even if all skins were for purchase it isn't even practical to buy them all even if you wanted to. It would take forever. It's not really predatory just more mind numbing why they would do it. The post tried to make it seem like they were pulling some scumbaggery
Yeah for real, at 5 items/day it would actually take you longer to unlock items by buying them than by just playing the game normally