What's new

It would cost $6,440 to unlock all content in MK11. This is not OK.

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
The only thing worth spending money on other than the game itself, is the Kombat Pack/Pass/Season Pass or whatever it’s called for MK11. All the other stuff you can get for free, afaik, from grinding
And the only thing you can actually buy currency wise are Time Crystals anyway and they're pretty useless afaik.

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
The problem in today's world of gaming is this, though - for every 50 people like you, there's 1 shitbird who will spend THOUSANDS on microtransactions. There's enough of these people that render players like you and I completely obsolete. This is why it's so important to support games like God of War that give you a COMPLETE experience for that money you spend, because it's rare to see in this day and age.

I don't envy Tyler and the NRS crew whatsoever today. They really need to come through big time to put out this fire. Having said that....even if they don't change things to our liking, there's enough people that will pay whatever it costs to get the stuff they want.

All I want is my trust restored in NRS. Telling us there's no loot boxes and then having them literally comprising the entirety of the Krypt was as backhanded as it gets.
Amen brother. And all the gods in all the pantheons bless you and everyone involved with God of War.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Ok so everything is random in the krypt right? Like no gear/“skins” are in a specific place?
Well... not TECHNICALLY lmao

They said each Krypt is "handcrafted" to be unique. So even if we could get the same stuff, they're on different chests for each of us. So we can't share our discoveries or point where is the good stuff.

LeoMK29

Noob
Well... not TECHNICALLY lmao

They said each Krypt is "handcrafted" to be unique. So even if we could get the same stuff, they're on different chests for each of us. So we can't share our discoveries or point where is the good stuff.
-.-

I really dont get the point of this. Yes you can buy time crystals which can then be used to buy the cosmetics but you can only use them in the store which only contain a couple of items and takes quite awhile to refresh so its not like you can spend all that money at once.

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
Damn. I'm too poor for this. My sis and I split 120$ together when we ordered premium edition. We assumed it would come with all the cool content already. That's what premium editions are for. Hopefully this will all blow over.

NorCalSamurai

Bacon Lettuce Tomato
I'm not completely sure if this is on NRS or WB
All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing. NRS got in bed with a cash hungry company and this is the result.

I really love this game but this is unreal. Remember when Boon so proudly announced "no loot boxes"?

Oof.

NorCalSamurai

Bacon Lettuce Tomato
"So instead of playing MK: Deception (like, fighting or training) I should be grinding the Konquest mode to unlock characters?"

Yes.

Although to be clear, I'm definitely not against a higher Time Krystal drop rate attached to kasual/ranked play. I haven't played any 1v1 yet so I don't know whether the current rate feels reasonable or not. Maybe it needs a bump. Maybe it needs a massive bump. But this is fundamentally different from what OP wrote about. There is no direct relation between how many Time Krystals you get in game, and how much real $$ skins cost to unlock.
Hey look after all these years we found Boon's hidey account.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Damn. I'm too poor for this. My sis and I split 120$ together when we ordered premium edition. We assumed it would come with all the cool content already. That's what premium editions are for. Hopefully this will all blow over.
You assumed that all the skins would be immediately unlocked on launch? That wasn't even true in MKX, a game that WASN'T obviously, explicitly designed to encourage grinding towers.

I don't even know what to say.

Lisbeth

Kitana stole my sai
Gosh, the damage control is fucking real. Look at that tweet, I'm just sad, I have 0 desire to play this game right now.

''The vast majority of skins are not for sale'' how are people supposed to know that? If the marketing and the communication for this game wasn't so trash maybe we would know that! Also. the store sells 5 items changing every 7 hours or so, so it was safe to assume that the store cycles on every item, also those emojis... yikes.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
The difference is the grind was not bad at all in MKX. You could do a tower or two (not even the crazy ones with modifiers) and earn enough currency to go to the Krypt and get a couple skins/Brutalities that you actually WANT. Have you actually played MK11 yet and tried to unlock something you WANT? Aside from the character tutorials, it's all random AND overpriced.

I spent 200K and didn't get one Fatality, Brutality or skin yesterday.
I spent 400K today and got a whole bunch of Brutalities, Fatalities, skins, gear, etc.

I was actually surprised how enjoyable the Krypt was. Until I ran out of all of my currencies, that is. Now it’s back to the grind...

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
This is got to be some of the funniest shitt I read all day " oh shit netherrealm Studios made a mistake so before they even have a chance to fix it I'm going to Blacklist them and never buy their games again" what are you guys fucking 12 the game's been out for less than a goddamn week how about giving them some time to sort out stuff? You guys do know the that they can't just say we're going to change this because the fans want this no it doesn't work like that they have to get confirmation from WB who owns their ass before any changes to this game can be done the fact that they took time out of their schedule to make a Kombat cast today instead of just sending out a freaking Facebook post or some other bull crap no they sat down in front of a freaking camera and tried to explain things for us......... have a little patience guys huh........

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Gosh, the damage control is fucking real. Look at that tweet, I'm just sad, I have 0 desire to play this game right now.

''The vast majority of skins are not for sale'' how are people supposed to know that? If the marketing and the communication for this game wasn't so trash maybe we would know that! Also. the store sells 5 items changing every 7 hours or so, so it was safe to assume that the store cycles on every item, also those emojis... yikes.
Contrary to what the internet says, the sky is not actually falling.

I was complaining just like everyone else. Then I spent some hours in the Krypt today, after learning more about how it’s set up, and actually loved it. Until I ran out of currencies, at least.

Once they increase the currency rewards, this is going to be quite enjoyable.

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
Contrary to what the internet says, the sky is not actually falling.

I was complaining just like everyone else. Then I spent some hours in the Krypt today, after learning more about how it’s set up, and actually loved it. Until I ran out of currencies, at least.

Once they increase the currency rewards, this is going to be quite enjoyable.
Yeah I kind of came to that same conclusion dude I honestly think the Krypt just need some minor fixes really

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
This is got to be some of the funniest shitt I read all day " oh shit netherrealm Studios made a mistake so before they even have a chance to fix it I'm going to Blacklist them and never buy their games again" what are you guys fucking 12 the game's been out for less than a goddamn week how about giving them some time to sort out stuff? You guys do know the that they can't just say we're going to change this because the fans want this no it doesn't work like that they have to get confirmation from WB who owns their ass before any changes to this game can be done the fact that they took time out of their schedule to make a Kombat cast today instead of just sending out a freaking Facebook post or some other bull crap no they sat down in front of a freaking camera and tried to explain things for us......... have a little patience guys huh........
But the problem to me is that this should have NEVER been an issue. The fact that they said DIRECTLY “no loot boxes” but then the Krypt is only loot boxes is downright false advertising. This shouldn’t have come on release and it doesn’t matter if they “fix” it because it’s broken at the start. Don’t release a game if it isn’t ready.