What's new

It has Begun...DLC reveal FRIDAY MAY 31 2019

Comments

So the green/red/purple thing doesn't represent other fighters, it just means that Shang will be able to morph into Reptile, Ermac, and Rain (maybe Smoke too?)

I wonder if tomorrow is just going to be a Shang Tsung trailer or if it will be the full line-up reveal that Ed was talking about. Maybe they are saving that for June?

Also the Rain stance looks like he's about to do his roundhouse kick special. I wonder if morphing into different characters unlocks new mini-movesets for a limited time, or if he only morphs into characters when doing his specials. Example:

It's either morph > then you can do moves of your choice

or,

input a special that has him morph into a character, do a set action, then morph back.

Last edited:
Also the Rain stance looks like he's about to do his roundhouse kick special. I wonder if morphing into different characters unlocks new mini-movesets for a limited time, or if he only morphs into characters when doing his specials. Example:

It's either morph > then you can do moves

or, input a special that has him morph into a character, do a set action, then morph back.
I think he will be able to morph into the ninjas (for how long's unsure) and the way they'll do that is through the generic klassic ninja model. That way they can add many morphs in while minimizing the assets used/loaded. Will probably have some for the female ninjas too.
I know I will weep if they do not add that MK2 ninja skin as an actual selectable skin for Scorpion, Noob and Sub though.

I think he will be able to morph into the ninjas (for how long's unsure) and the way they'll do that is through the generic klassic ninja model. That way they can add many morphs in while minimizing the assets used/loaded. Will probably have some for the female ninjas too.
I know I will weep if they do not add that MK2 ninja skin as an actual selectable skin for Scorpion, Noob and Sub though.
Sounds reminiscent of TMNT in Injustice 2.

I like the idea of Shang emulating the color palette ninjas, though I'm sure my opinion is an unpopular one.

This settles it, imo. Characters with assists aren't dlc. So no Rain, Hydro, Reptile, Ermac, Kung Jin, Nitara, Meat, Drahmin, Quan Chi, Hsu Hao, Mavado, Boraicho, Takeda, Smoke, Tremor, Sektor (sniff) and Cyrax (sob).

Havik's assist being removed is now more appealing than ever. I'm 95% sure he's in.

Also, expect a couple of new characters as dlc, like Scarlet in mk9.

If that Rain screencap is Shang Tsung, I had a feeling that Shang might end up playing like this somehow, with characters who didn't make the roster. Let's just hope it isn't just Ninjas. I'd like to see Kintaro and Stryker. I'd say Mileena, but I feel that would be one evil too far for her fans, considering Kitana hot her Sai.

It’s about time we got the classic MK2 costume. The classic ones in MKX were fuuuuuuugly.
Those masks were painful on the eyes.
The only one who made it work was Reptile.

Inb4 the Rain Morph is left out of Tournament Variations for the rest of MK11...

...however...

...y'all know the noise would be Stone Cold Prince Austin deafening if Rain, after all this bullshit, gets into this damn game.

Everyone's gonna pop like the end of the Tournament Of Power, and none of them will want to admit it.

It will be glorious either way.

Looks like he's definitely going to have set morphs then, I hope that it's more than just ninja palette swaps. What if they go ham and put both MK9 style variation and a swaggy three morph variation? Damn I can't wait to see this shit

If Shang really transforms into randoms MK3 style (especially those who didn't make it in the roster) I'll be slightly sad about it.
I understand morphing into your opponents MK9 style, but if his specials are other people's specials it's not very fun.
We'll wait and see I guess, I hope he has a lot of stuff unique to him.

I can't fucking wait to see what they've done with him. Probably morphs midcombo strings now. I'd like to see some completely unexpected, random characters to be appear in his morphs lol. I want my boy Kenshi to return if only for a moment with ST please :(

Well, called that yesterday.... I'm not sure what to think... oh well, of course I know. Fuck it. We need fully developed ninjas - NOT some shitty morphs with 2 moves per character. Screw that Triborg-like treatment... The worst thing is - we (all the Rain/Ermac/Reptile/Smoke fans) lost ANY hope now to see them as a proper fighters in MK11. That's not cool.

I am going to be accused of being an ass kisser, but I don't think that the missing ninjas being toolsets for Shang is meant to be trolling. We've read before that WB was adamant about guests taking over MK slots, and I think that the same thing happened here. Reptile, Rain and co becoming Shang morphs is a compromise, a way to sneak those characters in.

Of course, history has shown that this almost never works with the fanbase.

Last edited:
Do you think shang will transform into the rest of the ninjas?
Honestly, it was the first thing I thought. I know there was a leak and everything, but I don't know. I feel like Shang using just the Ninjas as a theme would make sense...sorta?