What's new

Tech - Cyrax Isn't this broken?

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Are you trying to right your many Quan wrongs? I keep seeing you in all the OP tech threads lol.

Unless KI does something differently I'm not thinking of, doesn't all fighters but NRS do this? I know in SF projectiles will just phase through everyone during throws. This is actually the first game I seen where you could set up independent attacks like this for mixups so easily.

Hae fun at FR everyone!!! Shit's going to be funny to watch from home.
Eh. I might have been overzealous. I have yet to fight a really good Cyrax so I don't have all the info, but it doesn't look good.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Why is this shit in the game
i loop the 1 bar 3 times, its 97% (without even doing anything after i net them a 4th time) so its 100% death
but wait i can do it meterless, for 22% at a time
What a way to go
Oh look i can do it midscreen too

No matter where you are, I am going to 100-0 you, hold dat

see you have jump forward turned on but is auto block on when you recording those?
pausing the video the hit indicators never say throw, you sure your not missing the throw the its just the pop popping up ? (if auto block off)
at the moment i cant get the throw indicators to show on screen and not have cyrax have to get up with a tech toll, maybe im doing it wrong timing just been messing with it for few mins

Wigy

There it is...
Cyrax does need a lot of adjusting though. He's not strong in neutral at all without his resets.

I wonder how they are going to compensate him if they adjust his Setups.
Yeah, hes a contender for worst in the game without his setups. Literally only good asset is great meterless damage. He gets 0 on block 50/50s for a bar which is good but half the cast have only moderately negative 50/50s meterless. Dropped him for this reason, in mk9 without his resets his footsies were still godlike.

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
Yeah, hes a contender for worst in the game without his setups. Literally only good asset is great meterless damage. He gets 0 on block 50/50s for a bar which is good but half the cast have only moderately negative 50/50s meterless. Dropped him for this reason, in mk9 without his resets his footsies were still godlike.
its actually around +3 not much but yea

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
Where the fuck did This cyrax is not strong in the neutral come from. His bomba are very strong in the neutral. Has two great advancing strings in f12 snd f21. Has very good air normals. A great back dash. And good enough d1/3..
i agree but his pokes are pretty trash tbh

Reaper

Noob
see you have jump forward turned on but is auto block on when you recording those?
pausing the video the hit indicators never say throw, you sure your not missing the throw the its just the pop popping up ? (if auto block off)
at the moment i cant get the throw indicators to show on screen and not have cyrax have to get up with a tech toll, maybe im doing it wrong timing just been messing with it for few mins
these combos were to illustrate the other options that happen because of the setup. If they armor, jump, or backdash this combo applies. in the corner you modify it with the tech roll 114 or ex buzzaw but you get back 30% anyway so taking the throw in the corner or not doesn't make a difference. Midscreen you lose about 4% or 2% if you feel that you can land the tech roll 11

The Celebrity

Professional Googler
Not going to lie, I was pretty interested in Cyrax when KP2 released, but then I realized Jagged and Falcon Lover were playing him and I decided it didn't matter how much I liked Cyrax, there's no way I could like him enough to deal with those 2.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Why is this shit in the game
i loop the 1 bar 3 times, its 97% (without even doing anything after i net them a 4th time) so its 100% death
but wait i can do it meterless, for 22% at a time
What a way to go
The throw is whiffing, set it to auto block without jumping to see how it looks. If a grab can land then it can be back dashed or armored as well.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I was for DLC to be at Final Round and still am. I blame NRS. Now let's see the mess that happens.

InFlames

dead
this gets back dashed
I'm trying to backdash and it's beating out even Quan Chi's backdash

Also I think I found the right timing to make the throw and the bomb hit a frame apart and it is basically inescapable(unless you have full meter), I just don't see how it's possible to neutral duck and block in 1 single frame.

Last edited:

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
In the last couple of days I've seen people defend the utter nonsense in Tarkatan, Bo's 70% Unblockable corner setup, and Cyrax Impossiblockables. Downplaying to keep broken tools has hit an all time low.

Think I'm taking a little time off of TYM fellas. Remember me.
No mention of Alien shitting on MKx's minimal neutral and having safe 50/50s though????:rolleyes:

At least Alien got 11 and 12 frame mids. While Bo is playing footsies with slow movement and even slower normals. Not to mention barely any good specials to rely on.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
In the last couple of days I've seen people defend the utter nonsense in Tarkatan, Bo's 70% Unblockable corner setup, and Cyrax Impossiblockables. Downplaying to keep broken tools has hit an all time low.

Think I'm taking a little time off of TYM fellas. Remember me.
But we need you to help keep the bullshit in check :(

dont be longer than a week sir

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
I'm trying to backdash and it's beating out even Quan Chi's backdash

Also I think I found the right timing to make the throw and the bomb hit a frame apart and it is basically inescapable(unless you have full meter), I just don't see how it's possible to neutral duck and block in 1 single frame.
I have to test all of this out thoroughly, it does look pretty broke though.