What's new

Tech - Cyrax Isn't this broken?

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
okay so a few thoughts:

1. Nice video :tonyt

2. Yeah I guess I should have elaborated a little bit more, but the idea of this setup is that you can loop it into itself meterlessly, ideally.

3. My timing was definitely not 100% optimal in that video, it was just to show the idea. I honestly have no idea what would happen if the grab and bomb hit on literally the same frame. Someone should try and test that, that could literally be inescapable, or potentially do nothing.

4. He needs it.

Reaper

Noob
For the unfamiliar, how much damage does Cyrax get if the throw connects? His throw setup usually goes into 111 net right? Back into the same situation or more damage?
Midscreen: meterless its 11 xx net after the throw and thats it, but for a bar you can 25% and put them back in it
In the Corner: you can get from 28%-30% depend if you roll 114 or just roll ex saw
I would have recorded it and posted it but i don't feel like posting anymore lifeless combos

Reaper

Noob
Also if you time it right, you can make it like they took the throw then got hit by the bomb if they tried to jump

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
There was a tweet from him a little while ago freaking out that KP2 characters were allowed in. Going on about people needing time to flesh out the MU.
"more time to flesh out the match-up" lol

the more time that goes on, the worse Cyrax is going to get, more 1 frame blockable guaranteed set-ups are going to be found and there is still going to be no way to block them any easier than release day

the only thing that could possibly be helped by time is waiting for a patch, however we've already gotten a patch and they didn't deem this OP which means they need to see it in action first for s anyway apparently

JDM

Noob
Man this community is nothing but a bunch of whiny fucking crybabies.

Day 1 KP2 : Cried about CSZ. He got nerfed, ok now it's Cyrax's turn.

Once he gets nerfed I'm sure you kiddos will look at some of the other ridiculous nonsense KP2 characters have.. like Tarkatan alien or Butcher/Killer Leatherface.

TYM literally just finds the next thing to bitch about, never happy. Cyrax is really good but honestly his neutral game is not NEARLY as ridiculous as the other KP2 characters. I'd be more scared of fighting a good Leatherface or Alien than a Triborg. And yeah I use Cyrax and Alien.

Reaper

Noob
"more time to flesh out the match-up" lol

the more time that goes on, the worse Cyrax is going to get, more 1 frame blockable guaranteed set-ups are going to be found and there is still going to be no way to block them any easier than release day

the only thing that could possibly be helped by time is waiting for a patch, however we've already gotten a patch and they didn't deem this OP which means they need to see it in action first for s anyway apparently
I don't think they were aware of this, because alot of the stuff that gets through things are QA testers wouldn't be looking for, they make sure there isn't some blatantly broken string or special in the final release.

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
Why is this shit in the game
i loop the 1 bar 3 times, its 97% (without even doing anything after i net them a 4th time) so its 100% death
but wait i can do it meterless, for 22% at a time
What a way to go
I wanna see how often you are going to convert that if the opponent blocks and you have to tech roll 11.

Reactions: JDM

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Man this community is nothing but a bunch of whiny fucking crybabies.

Day 1 KP2 : Cried about CSZ. He got nerfed, ok now it's Cyrax's turn.

Once he gets nerfed I'm sure you kiddos will look at some of the other ridiculous nonsense KP2 characters have.. like Tarkatan alien or Butcher/Killer Leatherface.

TYM literally just finds the next thing to bitch about, never happy. Cyrax is really good but honestly his neutral game is not NEARLY as ridiculous as the other KP2 characters. I'd be more scared of fighting a good Leatherface or Alien than a Triborg. And yeah I use Cyrax and Alien.
poor neutral does not make 1 touch kills stoppable only by landing 1 frame links fair. It's terrible design.

I wanna see how often you are going to convert that if the opponent blocks and you have to tech roll 11.
difficult execution does not make 1 touch kills stoppable only by landing 1 frame links fair. It's terrible design.

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
I'm out,

Final round is going to be a disaster.

Nice going to all the retard s who got their appeasements from Ed Boon.

Not like this

Last edited:

JDM

Noob
I'm not even saying that it isn't bullshit. He's bullshit. All the KP2 characters are. What I dislike is how this community has a mob mentality on the targets on which they pick.

You guys literally get together and bitch about 1 character until they see nerfs. It's actually kinda comical at this point. I SAW right after the CSZ nerfs "top" mkx players crying about Cyrax and I'm like "here we go LMAO". Shinnok, CSZ, Tanya, Quan all saw this and now it's Cyrax's turn.

Nerf Cyrax and you guys will just bitch about something else. I think Cyrax could use some toning down but taking away his HTB's is just stupid. He was designed with them clearly meant to be his strength. The grabbing from net stuff is stupid but you are also seeing it only in a vacuum. If you actually throw them you have to tech roll and get a tight link to combo off of it or spend meter. *NOT* defending it, just stating that everyone has kneejerk reactions to a simple video on this forum.

But whatever, I don't care. My characters have been gutted numerous times and most of the time they weren't even warranted. I will continue to switch to better characters when my favorites are nerfed because that's what you have to do in NRS games if your characters continue to get targeted. :)

And lmfao @ anyone comparing him to MK9 Cyrax. Please.

Levaranoia

War God
I wanna see some actual tournament footage of Cyraxs steamrolling people before I anything major gets potentially changed about him. It's one thing to go into training mode and doing combos, it's another thing to be facing an actual human in tourney.

omooba

fear the moobs
This is easy to read though seeing as how they are just standing still like that you can predict the grab. If they stand still and then cancel into a overhead it will come out slower and can be blocked either overhead-low or low-overhead. If they delay it to low-overhead you would of had enough time to armor or backdash out.

I agree maybe nerf the grab setup though, but keep the rest of them seeing as how they can be easy to block with practice.
u can't be serious
not even gonna bother reading through this thread. this shit need to be nerfed and so does his reset. IMO they should make it so the net have less hitavantage cus this full screen hard to blockables is nasty

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
I'm not even saying that it isn't bullshit. He's bullshit. All the KP2 characters are. What I dislike is how this community has a mob mentality on the targets on which they pick.

You guys literally get together and bitch about 1 character until they see nerfs. It's actually kinda comical at this point. Shinnok, CSZ, Tanya, Quan all saw this and now it's Cyrax's turn.

Nerf Cyrax and you guys will just bitch about something else. I think Cyrax could use some toning down but taking away his HTB's is just stupid. He was designed with them clearly meant to be his strength. The grabbing from net stuff is stupid but you are also seeing it only in a vacuum. If you actually throw them you have to tech roll and get a tight link to combo off of it or spend meter. *NOT* defending it, just stating that everyone has kneejerk reactions to a simple video on this forum.

But whatever, I don't care. My characters have been gutted numerous times and most of the time they weren't even warranted. I will continue to switch to better characters when my favorites are nerfed because that's what you have to do in NRS games if your characters continue to get targeted. :)

makes two ranting posts but you dont care?

alright

Reaper

Noob
You can get high 30s if you get a net after the roll.
high 30s back into the restand throw pseudo-unblockable?
I've posted 38% throw combos that end in NJK setups, but I don't think you can get high 30s back into the setup here
I could be wrong but thats just me

Krabman

Noob

You guys literally get together and bitch about 1 character until they see nerfs. It's actually kinda comical at this point. I SAW right after the CSZ nerfs "top" mkx players crying about Cyrax and I'm like "here we go LMAO". Shinnok, CSZ, Tanya, Quan all saw this and now it's Cyrax's turn.

welcome to every fighting game ever. People cry about the broken and OP characters. Cyrax's design is dumb and warrants fixing, any non cyrax main would agree.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Jesus. Is this what the Quan community looked like all this time?

Damn.
Are you trying to right your many Quan wrongs? I keep seeing you in all the OP tech threads lol.

Throws should negate all current onscreen projectiles like in KI. Why hasn't this change been made yet?
Unless KI does something differently I'm not thinking of, doesn't all fighters but NRS do this? I know in SF projectiles will just phase through everyone during throws. This is actually the first game I seen where you could set up independent attacks like this for mixups so easily.

Hae fun at FR everyone!!! Shit's going to be funny to watch from home.