What's new

Is There Still Hype For MK11 And Do You Think That They Should Continue To Support It?

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Maybe you need to move on lol
I have. I no longer have the game installed and haven't played in a while. I got bored about a month or so in. I still enjoy TYM and have every right to comment on threads asking for thoughts and opinions, though.

There's a lot of people who agree with me that MK11 is boring. Every time I voice this opinion I seem to get shit for it. I'm here because I love MK and always have. I don't enjoy MK11. You don't see me telling others how to feel, though. If people like MK11, more power to them.

John Grizzly

Yeah. Boring. No hype.

I can find the same sort of "hype" and excitement while watching SaltyBet streams. I guess this is proof that MK11 is super hype, though. I would assume this happened right after the 5th Liu Kang 1,2 into double amplified bicycle kicks or maybe even the 19th throw of the match.

More often that not, people tuning in to a stream enjoy the game being streamed and are excited to watch. Millions of people watch Big Bang Theory and think it's hilarious. I still think it's an awful show.

Last edited:

Error404

Noob
I can find the same sort of "hype" and excitement while watching SaltyBet streams. I guess this is proof that MK11 is super hype, though. I would assume this happened right after the 5th Liu Kang 1,2 into double amplified bicycle kicks or maybe even the 19th throw of the match.

More often that not, people tuning in to a stream enjoy the game being streamed and are excited to watch. Millions of people watch Big Bang Theory and think it's hilarious. I still think it's an awful show.
You know hype happens often , when he felt the need to take a picture of stream chat . Lmao.

Obly

Ambiguous world creator
Agreed with what a few others have said: It's unclear what there really is to discuss. Will NRS continue to support MK11? They're a business, so as long as support yields good return on investment, yes they will. Haven't looked into how Aftermath has done financially, but I'd guess it was successful enough to keep going.

Does it really matter whether anyone here thinks NRS should continue to support MK11? You decide whether to play it or not, but official support is not our decision to make. So really this is just a coded way of asking: Do you like MK11 or do you hate it? And hey, no surprise: Many folks like it, many hate it. Nothing new or interesting about that.

I personally think a more interesting question is: How does the NRS community progress towards culture change? How do we become a community of support rather than toxic antagonism? To use a crude analogy, the NRS community is currently like that guy who's psychologically abusive to his partner but utterly clueless about it: endlessly screaming criticisms and demands in the nastiest way possible, then openly wondering to his buddies why his partner won't put out more.

I'm not saying we shouldn't have high expectations or advocate for the things we want. Just saying there's an effective way to do that... and then there's the way the NRS community currently tries to do it.

Not lumping everyone together in that. There are guys and gals out there working their butts off, even putting up their own money, to keep a competitive scene going, maintain hype, and give thoughtful, analysis-based suggestions for change. But there are so many guys who go on chat rooms and comment boards and Twitter for no reason other than to shitpost about how much the game 100% sucks and how NRS devs are the stupidest devs in the history of stupid. Hmm... yeah... no idea why the devs aren't lining up to communicate with you more...

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I would assume this happened right after the 5th Liu Kang 1,2 into double amplified bicycle kicks or maybe even the 19th throw of the match.
Nope, this was after a carefully executed nailbiter comeback with a bunch of ridiculous footsies and ballsy reads.

But hey, keep attempting to malign the excitement because you’re personally predisposed to make assumptions without watching. That’s helpful to the scene and really shows community spirit :rolleyes:

John Grizzly

Nope, this was after a carefully executed nailbiter comeback with a bunch of ridiculous footsies and ballsy reads.

But hey, keep attempting to malign the excitement because you’re personally predisposed to make assumptions without watching. That’s helpful to the scene and really shows community spirit :rolleyes:
I'm not showing community spirit because I dislike the most recent NRS game? Alright, man. I thought the forum was for discussion. This thread asked specific questions and I gave my thoughts.

Many, many people find the game boring and repetitive for numerous reasons. I don't know why some people just won't accept that. I accept that some people like the game and there's nothing wrong with that.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I'm not showing community spirit because I dislike the most recent NRS game? Alright, man. I thought the forum was for discussion. This thread asked specific questions and I gave my thoughts.

Many, many people find the game boring and repetitive for numerous reasons. I don't know why some people just won't accept that. I accept that some people like the game and there's nothing wrong with that.
There's a big difference between personally disliking a game (which is fine) and trying to discredit everybody else's obvious hype and gaslight people who are enjoying the matches.

It's not a big deal if you're not into the game. The issue is shooting your own competitive community in the foot by trying to claim that there's no hype (or that any hype is for bs reasons) when it's clearly not the case.

We can all see the difference. So I'm just pointing it out :coffee:

4th Best Selling PS4 game of last year. 5th Best Selling game of the last year. A pretty active Competitive community. Thousands of players participate weekly in the Towers of Time and in each Kombat League season. A pretty active Reddit community.

But the game is a flop, boring, a mess, a disgrace that caters to casuals, unbalanced, a joke, "MK: Special Forces was better" according to 3 guys in the forums. Ok.

Does it have problems? Sure. Is NRS lack of communication a problem? Yep. The game f*cking rules? Definitively.

With what's going on in the world, I expect that whatever plans NRS had for Kombat Pack 3 were delayed, but yes, the game will continue to be supported. In DC Fandome they'll probably announce Injustice 3 for 2021/22 (and maybe even KP3) but the game will continue to be updated until then.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
In the DC Fandome trailer, they showed the Baraka Croc skin, I bet something MK related happens.
yep, according some of the leaks, Harley Quinn might be one of the possible DLCs for KP3, so, high possibility indeed, some DC related stuff to MK11, almost certainly ! :rolleyes:

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
It's been almost year and a half since MK11 was released. Almost year and a half of bad communication with fans/players and lack of transparency. Do you think that they should still "support" the game and release the content in the future or you want NRS to move on and hurry up with their next project? Do you think that there is still hype for MK11? Are you still having fun with it? Are you playing it daily? Have you uninstalled it? Are you playing some other games instead of MK11?

Do you think that MK11 should be supported for one more year and beyond?
I would like a few more dlc
(with Doom Slayer as a guest)
But then I am happy as it is.

I play games like killer instinct Wich has more free combo system, so mk11 (although I played since pre-beta)
Is the: casual play with fam/friends locally during game night (or whatever)

I will never drop mk11 though!
Love the game as is
(Except for:
bucket head with a laser unibrow)

Doom Slayer fits perfectly in mk this would be a missed opportunity if he doesn't make it

John Grizzly

But....I thought the game was hype?! These pro players surely must be wrong.

Seriously.....NRS needs to do something. I would love if they shook things up and made some major changes to the game. It's nice to see high profile players with opinions that matter far more than mine voicing the same concerns I have about the game.

I WANT to like the game. I WANT to give NRS more money for DLC. I won't even be reinstalling the game ever again without major changes, and I'm not alone in that.

People can act like the game isn't dying, but it most certainly is.

Last edited:

Mr.Khen

I am you
MK11 has been a disappointment for me.

from my experience only, win or lose this game just doesn't make me feel satisfied like MKX did.
So it's safe to assume at this point that this game was not designed to cater people like me, and that's just it..

I am trying to watch MK11 tournaments without drifting away to my phone to read tweets, it's
beyond me and I just simply find this game boring to watch even more than it is to play.
back in MKX I couldn't get my eyes off the screen watching people play even in... KOTH not to mention tournaments I attended to as
a viewer since I was super passionate about watching the big boys play.. we're talking about flights from Israel to the U.S just to sit
and watch sonicFox slay upclose

I just don't like how this game plays. I don't like downpokes into 50/50 grabs my god it is so fucking irritating for me I can't stand it.

The visuals are the best thing about MK11 and that alone gives me some hype ngl - I am an MK fanboy after all

I hope something will change and I'll get hyped again for MK11....
Sitting this one out is not a bad idea either... if Mileena can do it who am I to complain lol

John Grizzly

MK11 has been a disappointment for me.

from my experience only, win or lose this game just doesn't make me feel satisfied like MKX did.
So it's safe to assume at this point that this game was not designed to cater people like me, and that's just it..

I am trying to watch MK11 tournaments without drifting away to my phone to read tweets, it's
beyond me and I just simply find this game boring to watch even more than it is to play.
back in MKX I couldn't get my eyes off the screen watching people play even in... KOTH not to mention tournaments I attended to as
a viewer since I was super passionate about watching the big boys play.. we're talking about flights from Israel to the U.S just to sit
and watch sonicFox slay upclose

I just don't like how this game plays. I don't like downpokes into 50/50 grabs my god it is so fucking irritating for me I can't stand it.

The visuals are the best thing about MK11 and that alone gives me some hype ngl - I am an MK fanboy after all

I hope something will change and I'll get hyped again for MK11....
Sitting this one out is not a bad idea either... if Mileena can do it who am I to complain lol
This is pretty much exactly how I feel. Well said.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
MKX was wack too, personally I had more fun in MKX because run cancel characters like Cage were really fun for me (before they massacred him), it was satisfying to add more layers to my corner game as Sub, just was a more enjoyable game as a spectator. Obviously subjective.

Injustice 2 is the fucking shit though. Injustice has a much much much much much more solid base as a game than MK. The block button sucks imo, which im sure is blasphemy to say here. I like having Flash, Fate, Catwoman, Batman, Wonder Woman, etc just a variety of characters that are really good and don't feel as homogenous as MK11 characters. Sub-Zero and Aquaman in that game were so fun. Miss it.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Injustice 2 is the fucking shit though. Injustice has a much much much much much more solid base as a game than MK. The block button sucks imo, which im sure is blasphemy to say here. I like having Flash, Fate, Catwoman, Batman, Wonder Woman, etc just a variety of characters that are really good and don't feel as homogenous as MK11 characters. Sub-Zero and Aquaman in that game were so fun. Miss it.
I've always thought so many characters in that game went unexplored and ended up with a lot of untapped potential. Characters like Black Canary and Cheetah seemed so fun to me. Raiden was pretty terrible in that game, but even then I thought he had some cool execution stuff that could lead to some great damage.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
but its so hype to watch :rolleyes::eek:
Honestly I think pretty much any fighting game played at a high level is hype to watch. MKX and MK11 are very different, but both great games. If someone doesn't care for MK11 though, fine by me. To each their own. MK11 is a hugely successful game, but it's not for everyone. I do think it's a little strange though when people hate on MK11 for issues that similarly exist in other MK games they enjoy.

I've always thought so many characters in that game went unexplored and ended up with a lot of untapped potential. Characters like Black Canary and Cheetah seemed so fun to me. Raiden was pretty terrible in that game, but even then I thought he had some cool execution stuff that could lead to some great damage.
yep I remember Whiteboi winning Ceo with fucking Scarecrow shit was amazing. Of course this community shitted all over IN2 just like they do every NRS game :confused:

Mr.Khen

I am you
Wasn't one of the big parts of MKX basically pokes into tons of plus frames setting up Low/Overhead 50/50 combos pretty much non-stop?
It wasn't fully focused around that, visually anyway, I mean.. the low pokes took you places worth watching for me,, the combos were sick and creative, and it made each fight feel more animated, every character was fleshed out to it's fullest potential and I obvisouly can only speak for my personal taste in what my brain perceives as fun

Last edited:

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
It wasn't fully focused around that, visually anyway, I mean.. the low pokes took you places worth watching for me,, the combos were sick and creative, and it made each fight feel more animated, every character was flushed out to it's fullest potential and I obvisouly can only speak for my personal taste in what my brain perceives as fun
That's cool, I'm not trying to deny anyone their personal taste in what they find fun. I just like to drill down and try and find out why people like things sometimes.