What's new

Is There Still Hype For MK11 And Do You Think That They Should Continue To Support It?

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
Is there still hype? Yes. I'd watch a tournament right now if one was going on and I, when I have time, will watch some random streams even though I haven't played the game in a few months.

Should they support it? Yes. I think they should support the game more than they do, more like how Street Fighter seems to stay around for years. I'd prefer that they don't do Injustice games ever, but that's because I just don't care about those games or DC characters (aside from Batman). Even though I haven't personally played the game in a few months due to dealing with a new house and playing sports games to fill the void of not having real sports to watch until recently (and maybe burning myself out due to this pandemic and it being the only game I really had or had an interest in playing), I still want to come back. I still enjoy playing the game when I do play it. I have two characters that I think fit how I want to play in Ripper Kano and Dark Fate Terminator, and I'm excited to see what new characters they are going to add, even if they don't add Ash.

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
MK11 was the best selling game of 2019. OF COURSE they are going to support it. If even a fraction of the people who bought the title pony up for a DLC pack they will make a killing. Let alone the boost they stand to gain when the inevitable MK11-KOMPLETE edition rolls out. Part of making those DLC packs and later editions enticing is having an active player base and tournament scene to point to, so expect more balance patches, the occasional skin pack, krypt events and towers.

There is this super weird bubble around here that acts like MK11 was some kind of failure. It's fair if you don't think it's as fun as X or 9 or have problems with the game's mechanics (I know I do) but when thinking about it in the context of the larger industry you have to divorce yourself from your personal feelings and look at the bigger picture. MK11 smashed in the popular market and you can expect the lessons learned from it to reverberate through every NRS product to come.

So yes, they'll support more MK11 content without question and I would bet strong money that IJ3 will look a lot like MK11.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I'd much rather just get a brand new game. A brand new experience is always going to much more interesting and fun than something you have already been playing 100's of hours

If they dont stick to the cycle and they're not going to release a new game by next year, I hope they at least do a giant patch in MK11 that shakes things up alot. Similar to how different MKXL was from MKX

BKV2

BloodRayne for MK1
As much as I can’t stand MK11 even though I do think it’s very balanced I’d rather them support it a little bit longer cause I’m in no rush to start playing injustice 3 with its battlefield size maps and zoning meta. Y’all say you miss injustice cause if you play it now on ranked you fighting a bunch of casual fighting game players who got the game off a deal so of course it’ll feel like the greatest thing ever to you.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
As far as the communication criticism of NRS goes, I partially agree.

Would it be that damn hard for them to explain why exactly straight forceballs whiff in this game and why they think it's okay (or Johnny Cage's balancing in general, leave Outtake as by far the best but gimp Showstopper and put Jock further in the dumpster)? Or in Injustice 2, Catwoman's B3 defying the laws of physics? Or in MKX why they don't find it weird that Sub-Zero has a meterless 50/50 midscreen vs females but not males / can combo males in the corner but not females? Even if they said "oh yeah we goofed, we can't fix it", or "fuck you it's staying", that would be better than dead silence.

And this next one is a personal pet peeve of mine and isn't really egregious at all so take it with a grain of salt, but 16 Bit just straight lying about character tools. "Darkseid's omega beams have great recovery." No they fucking don't. "Dr. Fate's B2 is a great anti air." It was after buffs but was not at launch.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
MK11 was the best selling game of 2019. OF COURSE they are going to support it. If even a fraction of the people who bought the title pony up for a DLC pack they will make a killing. Let alone the boost they stand to gain when the inevitable MK11-KOMPLETE edition rolls out. Part of making those DLC packs and later editions enticing is having an active player base and tournament scene to point to, so expect more balance patches, the occasional skin pack, krypt events and towers.

There is this super weird bubble around here that acts like MK11 was some kind of failure. It's fair if you don't think it's as fun as X or 9 or have problems with the game's mechanics (I know I do) but when thinking about it in the context of the larger industry you have to divorce yourself from your personal feelings and look at the bigger picture. MK11 smashed in the popular market and you can expect the lessons learned from it to reverberate through every NRS product to come.

So yes, they'll support more MK11 content without question and I would bet strong money that IJ3 will look a lot like MK11.
Best selling fighting game you mean? It got it's cheeks clapped by Modern Warfare obviously.

BKV2

BloodRayne for MK1
As far as the communication criticism of NRS goes, I partially agree.

Would it be that damn hard for them to explain why exactly straight forceballs whiff in this game and why they think it's okay (or Johnny Cage's balancing in general, leave Outtake as by far the best but gimp Showstopper and put Jock further in the dumpster)? Or in Injustice 2, Catwoman's B3 defying the laws of physics? Or in MKX why they don't find it weird that Sub-Zero has a meterless 50/50 midscreen vs females but not males / can combo males in the corner but not females? Even if they said "oh yeah we goofed, we can't fix it", or "fuck you it's staying", that would be better than dead silence.

And this next one is a personal pet peeve of mine and isn't really egregious at all so take it with a grain of salt, but 16 Bit just straight lying about character tools. "Darkseid's omega beams have great recovery." No they fucking don't. "Dr. Fate's B2 is a great anti air." It was after buffs but was not at launch.
lets nerf the plus frames on forceballs while not addressing it whiffing on half the universe. NRS Logic

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
I'm conflicted, I find this game boring as all hell to play, but I still tune in sometimes to tournaments. They have a good base with this game, they just need to stick with it and improve upon it, and stop trying to reinvent the wheel every new installment. If they can build on what they have, then next installment ASAP

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Aside from prior to and immediately after release, I don't recall there ever being much hype for this game. So many people like me find it boring to play and especially to watch. When I see REO playing MK9 or Destroyer streaming MKX, I always tune in and enjoy the hell out of it.

I understand that there are a good amount of people still enjoying MK11, but I just don't get it. I've said it again and again, visually the game is without equal, but it's boring as fuck.

I don't know what the point of these threads are at this point. Everyone just repeats themselves. Some people like it, some don't. I'm 100% done spending any more money or time on MK11, so I'd like NRS to move on, but imagine how pissed those people would be who spend AT LEAST $140 on the game already. I spent $100 and I regret it. I held out hope that the first round of DLC wouldn't be as mind-numbingly boring as the rest of the cast, but I was wrong. At least I didn't waste another $40 on Aftermath.

Give me Injustice 3.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
I have an ON and OFF relationship with the game until Havik gets released. Then it's going to be ON for quite a while.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Aside from prior to and immediately after release, I don't recall there ever being much hype for this game. So many people like me find it boring to play and especially to watch. When I see REO playing MK9 or Destroyer streaming MKX, I always tune in and enjoy the hell out of it.

I understand that there are a good amount of people still enjoying MK11, but I just don't get it. I've said it again and again, visually the game is without equal, but it's boring as fuck.

I don't know what the point of these threads are at this point. Everyone just repeats themselves. Some people like it, some don't. I'm 100% done spending any more money or time on MK11, so I'd like NRS to move on, but imagine how pissed those people would be who spend AT LEAST $140 on the game already. I spent $100 and I regret it. I held out hope that the first round of DLC wouldn't be as mind-numbingly boring as the rest of the cast, but I was wrong. At least I didn't waste another $40 on Aftermath.

Give me Injustice 3.
Or bring back MK9. Either would be great.

I hope everyone who loves this game keeps enjoying it forever, but it bores me to death, and the complete lack of transparency between the makers and the community since the Beta was such a complete turn-off that it killed my hype before it could even get off the ground. This is the Call Of Duty of NRS games, and that's fine for the people who like it. I'll be content going back to Injustice, and I won't ever need another title of MK9 comes back.

i believe there's still some hype surrounding it if we're talking competitively. i dont care for watching jacquis dominate. it's clearly going to get support. when or what we don't really know because of covid and the already abysmal dev communication. I don't wanna hear about how they can't communicate since the japanese fighting game devs literally just got together to talk about future plans and capcom had a big presentation regarding it's next season. i don't just want some lame ass kombat kast again. there are still leaks floating around. I know y'all tired of making these threads just for crimson shadow to come in here and shill the game a little. i know quarantine hittin y'all hard but come on :DOGE

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
What's this MK9 talk going on? Are there rumours they may release it? If so how credible are the sources?
Not credible. The chances of them re-releasing a 9-year old game at this stage are highly unlikely.

There are ways to play it now on PC with smoother netcode, and a rebalanced version available now, though.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
This game absolutely will continue to be supported

Personally I think this game is great in every aspect except gameplay. Visuals, roster, story, all amazing. But characters feel so restricted and so many of the gameplay mechanics drive me insane (fatal blow, KB, all wake up options). There just isn’t a character fun enough for me to play this over and over like there was in MKX or INJ2, even somebody like Cassie who I absolutely adore personality wise just doesn’t feel fun in this game for me which really sucks.

I want to love playing this game, but really I just love talking about it. I hope they add a character that’s right for me but if that isn’t the case, onto the next title please.

It continues to be a shame because I feel like just some simple balance tweaks would make it a much more interesting game to play and watch. As it stands Shang is unplayble on my computer so I won't be touching it until I upgrade or they make it more interesting.