What's new

Is There Still Hype For MK11 And Do You Think That They Should Continue To Support It?

Raider

Noob
It's been almost year and a half since MK11 was released. Almost year and a half of bad communication with fans/players and lack of transparency. Do you think that they should still "support" the game and release the content in the future or you want NRS to move on and hurry up with their next project? Do you think that there is still hype for MK11? Are you still having fun with it? Are you playing it daily? Have you uninstalled it? Are you playing some other games instead of MK11?

Do you think that MK11 should be supported for one more year and beyond?

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Real scenario:

1. The game will be supported for one more year, so, until 2021 .... that's for sure
  2. In 2022, Injustice 3 will come out; any rumour about NRS not doing this is bullshit; Injustice is a strong franchise series on it own, and is the second great game after MK under the NRS wing, so, of course they will bring Injustice 3 ;)
  3. Every MK game get repetitive, stalling out, boring and dull after some time, because NRS stop releasing new content, stop updating the game with patches, and simple, the next new game pratically kills the game released before; always has been this way since MK9, and will not be different this time. It's the MK FG communit fault not supporting the game enough ? Maybe ..... if you compare with Tekken and Street Fighter community, but, is the NRS \ WB business model, so, whatever .... :eek:

Last edited:

Snibbor

Yarrrr Matey
Although I’m certain the game will be supported for at least another year, I’d prefer them to move onto their next project, whatever that may be. I play lots of MKX these days, I haven’t uninstalled MK11 but I rarely ever play it. In my opinion MK11 is boring to watch and to play, so I’d very much like for them to move past it.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
It's been almost year and a half since MK11 was released. Almost year and a half of bad communication with fans/players and lack of transparency. Do you think that they should still "support" the game and release the content in the future or you want NRS to move on and hurry up with their next project? Do you think that there is still hype for MK11? Are you still having fun with it? Are you playing it daily? Have you uninstalled it? Are you playing some other games instead of MK11?

Yes, I think they should still support, but also still be working on their next project, which hopefully is Injustice 3.

I think MK11 is still hype. I'm having fun with it. I don't play it daily because I have a 5 month old. I've never uninstalled it. In addition to playing MK11 I've been trying to learn Killer Instinct, and also I've been playing some Final Fantasy VIII.

Although I’m certain the game will be supported for at least another year, I’d prefer them to move onto their next project, whatever that may be. I play lots of MKX these days, I haven’t uninstalled MK11 but I rarely ever play it. In my opinion MK11 is boring to watch and to play, so I’d very much like for them to move past it.
Similar to my thoughts.

I don't think it's a bad game at all, but there's certain systems and mechanics that I feel need a complete overhaul. If they're not going to do so, I'd personally prefer they move on to their next project.

I rarely play these days, and when I do feel like a little Mortal Kombat I tend to play Mortal Kombat XL instead. Killer Instinct is my main fighting game these days as I think you all know.

SonBearku

#NerfRaiden
I really hope they continue to support it. I know im somewhat in the minority but i do have fun with the game. Its still has its hype moments. Making reads and stuffing breakaway is very satisfying to me. I just hope they make more changes to make combo routes more diverse. Do this, fix hit boxes, and make FB 1 and done on whiff or block and i would be overjoyed. Of course none of that will happen lol

ErmacMKX

Noob
The fact it would have been left out of EVO says a lot. I think the changes to the mechanics ruined a lot of what made ppl enjoy the game. Even though I do still play and enjoy it, I rarely put in the time as I did with MKX and MK9. The game was too dumbed down.

EDIT: I think custom variations would breath some new life to the game but I doubt they'll do it.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Why wouldn’t they continue to support it? I don’t even understand the framing of that question.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Pretty obviously, there’s hype. I mean, I don’t know why people ask this question. Not to be mean, because it’s not entirely an invalid question.. But because it’s so easy to self-answer.

You can turn on any stream, from the almost weekly tournaments with the chat going crazy, the almost daily sets and dozens of money matches on Slayer’s channel, the constant beef, callouts, and challenges on Twitter, etc. Even to Foxy’s stream, on the casual side, where hundreds of people are tuning in almost daily to see him salt people out and destroy them with footsies and mindgames in KotH.

Imo anyone who has to question whether there’s hype probably just wasn’t into the competitive scene to begin with or doesn’t pay attention. Which is ok, but they could seriously take one day and just look and find out.

While on a positive note I feel like this game has made me a better fighting game player, and I have a better understanding of playing neutral more so than in any previous NRS title, it has more often than not been a chore to play and to watch. Its just a dull game at the end of the day, made even worse by variation restrictions and extremely limited combo/set up potential. I play it every few days and i did take like a 5-6 month break. I have fun playing it here and there, but I would literally take any re-released/remastered NRS game over MK11.

That said, my fear/expectation is they will continue to support it through 2021 into 2022. And by support I mean releasing DLC at a very staggered rate. Like 6 to 8 characters from now until spring 2022, with the very occasional and very minimal nerf/buff patches. During that time we might get an Inj3, but the next MK game is going to be a very long wait sadly.

Also, as far as the is it still hype question goes. Yeah it still has lots of streamers/youtubers and people watching them, but its also the ONLY MK and NRS game with an active playerbase out right now. Thats why I still play and tune in, I kinda have no other choice. And by active playerbase I mean as in you can just hop on and play vs people at any time with a pretty short wait.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink

Thats the problem with alot of ppl in the NRS community, they expect the devs somehow to support the game when its up to the community to support the game. They not gonna make complainers like the game again by bringing out another patch or dlc, cause history shows thats not working, ppl complain no matter what they do.

Espio

Kokomo

A new release isn't going to change their communication style or "lack of transparency". You guys have had the same complaints for like a decade. A lack of contentment with anything is pervasive and why no game will ever be good enough. Everyone capping about MK11 for the most part was capping about MK9, Injustice 1, Injustice 2 and MKX as well when they were the current "main game". This will be the same problem for MK12, Injustice 3 or whatever else comes after this because people think a game succeeding is up to the developers instead of the players when it's a collaborative mission/effort.

There may come a time when there is no sequel or next game and people spend all this time going out of their way to complain, tear it down and spread negative vibes and energy. I welcome support of MK11 for years to come. The sets are hype on streams, I enjoy the game and my characters as well as the meta. I hope future updates add new modes and characters too. Some design tweaks are welcome too. I play the game on a regular basis.

Ain't no point in moving on to the next project so the same behaviors can be repeated. People behave this way because they assume they're getting a new game every two years and it's generally a very strange approach.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
love mk11 and hope they continue to add content and balance.

i also dont see what else they have to do to communicate better?? do they need to hold us every night?? do you need a piece of DLC daily??

i remember a time that the only information we got from developers was a little blurb in the monthly magazines.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I’d like to see them move onto their next project sooner rather than later, but I know it’s not going to happen for another year. It is what it is.

This game has just been a mess to me.

The content/gameplay felt rushed. Lack of communication leading up to release and continuing after. The introduction of customs only to squash that aspect with “tournament“ variations. The debacle that was release towers. The endlessly grindy design for unlocks and rewards. The accusations against NRS as a workplace. Gameplay aspects that top players and casuals alike are still unhappy with, over a year later.

And while I don’t think the game is bad, per se, it has definitely left a bad taste in my mouth as far as NRS games go.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
What NRS should do is to make classic MK games Backwards Compatible to newer Xbox/PS consoles

or

come up with an anniversary collection edition, all classic/3D MK games to be purchased and playable on newer Xbox/PS consoles. I’d pay big bucks for this, but it will never happen.
100% agree. All I want is UMK3 playable on current or next gen consoles with rollback netcode. That or MKT. And I would not mind all the other MK’s either.

smoke420

Noob
i think the ginsei augments added more fun to the game. i play kitana, so with some of her moves now, i can throw 4 sai, extra fans, multiple KB..etc.

level 6 - character towers now has a use for my 30million coins / hearts/ souls.

hope keep releasing skins. early seasons of kombat league would be nice.. this game is so far beyond mkx with graphics,skins and design, its not even close.

new DLC favorites would breathe life into this game for another year. they are saving their best for last.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I don't root against this game, because there IS fun in there. I just have not been able to find it. But I got a new converter and PS2 pads in the hopes that better inputs will help make things easier. Also, I am still convinced Customs or something close to it will happen. And it will be hype.

All of my hopes and dreams are currently stacked on the MK9 rerelease dream coming true. But even if it does, I will still do as I did with Sheeva and buy whoever comes out of the last DLC that are hype.

It low key baffles me how many people seem to prefer MKXL over MK11. Not because I don't think their opinionated point is valid. Its just there were so many pros ready to quit that game because it lacked everything MK11 actually has. No footsies, no neutral, no fair pressure, all 50/50s coin scenarios. If I recall correctly, today I overheard on KPs stream him saying Mk11 is miles above MKX and he prefers MK11. He did though, mention MKX is enjoyable to watch.

Me personally? I hate MKX. Trust me, I miss the reliable anti airs and plus frames, the decent s3 anti air in Scorpion and d4 from Ermac, but... that game was all over the place. There wasnt a single time I could guess right on oki. I basically was forced to switch off Scorp and go to Mystic Ermac, because the only safe way to get off the ground from 50/50s was to ex push. SO there are things I MISS from MKX, but MK11 is just much better in competitive play overall.

As for MK11? I think its really hype. They should continue to support this game. I have barely scratched the surface on how to play it, and KL tells me the same about other players. I've noticed for some people footsies are just boring. But I personally recognize I need to evolve because if theres one thing this game taught me its that I cant play neutral for shit, and until I do this, ditching this game would actually probably ruin my progress as a fighting game player.

Last edited:
I still enjoy the game, both watching and playing, so I hope they continue to support. I also hope that this is the time they break their cycle of a game every two years...give this game a chance to breathe and also get the community to break the habit of mentally preparing to drop a game after 12 months before said game has even been released yet. This community seems spoiled in my opinion.

As for if their is still hype for the game, the answer is yes. Not only do stream numbers piss all over those of MKXL at this point of that game's life, but they regularly match those of 'more popular' games such as SF5 and Tekken 7, which MKXL never did. Plenty of hype online tournaments....i mean look at the recent NA Console Combat tournament this past Sunday and they matches that had.

Here's hoping that MK11 continues well into 2022 and beyond...

Error404

Noob
If by support, you mean put out something for you to buy , then yes.

But it's pretty obvious they can't be bothered with actually fixing the games issues. You still can't change the breakaway input , match-ups are still mostly decided by whiffing strings , top tiers still vastly overshadow the mid and lower tier. Regardless of how many people try and lie to you that the game is somehow balanced.