What's new

Question - Takeda Is Takeda a low tier hero?

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Yes , there are ways you can play takeda "braindead" But ... I can garuntee you that you will only stay at casual skill level with him if you solely rely on this idea. It takes a lot more that just semi blockables to compete with other ppl at higher levels .

Anyone can ex Kunai b21

But take spacing , the opponents character , meter and life into consideration , all these def change what ex Kunai can become .

If you are not thinking about these things -especially spacing and the other characters tools , then yest that's prob a brain dead takeda.

jokey77

Character Loyalist
at a certain skilllevel every character has to adapt somewhat. i agree, this game is not totally braindead... never said anything else though...

however name a single character that has to adapt less than takeda! you won't find any. his gameplan (get midrange, get a knockdown, do unblockables) remains the same against every character. the teleport, the unblockables and the NJP always work the same, no matter who you are up against...

if there is one thing that you can't reasonably deny, then it is this. :p

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
at a certain skilllevel every character has to adapt somewhat. i agree, this game is not totally braindead... never said anything else though...

however name a single character that has to adapt less than takeda! you won't find any. his gameplan (get midrange, get a knockdown, do unblockables) remains the same against every character. the teleport, the unblockables and the NJP always work the same, no matter who you are up against...

Ok dude I'll tell you right now you are tripping balls. Takeda can't play midrange vs ermac or scorpion like he can vs kotal or Jason. He can't poke low with kunai against Quan like he can vs sub zero or Lao or Kung Jin. His frame Traps change depending on opponent, sometimes u need d4 frame adv to truely frame trap a d1 like ermac or shinnok.

Honestly I think Shirai Ryu is a variation that changes its gameplan from match up to match up. You need knowledge in each match up extensively to play Takeda at the highest level.

SEN WIIISE

Kall the Kid, King Khanum!
Other than totally getting bodied by Kung Lao I'd say he has a fair time against a good amount of the cast. In all my tourney experience, watching others and playing him myself? He's definitely a good ways off from low tier.

Think about it, he has a two meter 50%(Shirai Ryu), does respectable 30-40% dmg across all variations, builds meter at a decent rate, controls a fair amount of space, fast projectiles, a good variety of strings, decent mix up and pressure. And above all imo? He's got several fast and safe pokes. 1, f1, d1, f2, d3, f3. And as a bonus you can combo off of his anti-zoning tool (bf4) if you meterburn it.

I honestly disagree about him being A tier just because high level players can use him as a trump card. I mean he's nice, but he's not gonna go ham vs a good amount of the top 10. A lot of people have yet to explore him, so it's a bit to early to call him A tier. Especially with no one taking events as him. If he was really A tier, we'd see more Takeda mains placing in tops.

Top 15 or 20 maybe.
A Mid tier to fear in the right hands.

Last edited:

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda

There are no UNBLOCKABLES only people who can't block. lol!

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
Other than totally getting bodied by Kung Lao I'd say he has a fair time against a good amount of the cast. In all my tourney experience, watching others and playing him myself? He's definitely a good ways off from low tier.

Think about it, he has a two meter 50%(Shirai Ryu), does respectable 30-40% dmg across all variations, builds meter at a decent rate, controls a fair amount of space, fast projectiles, a good variety of strings, decent mix up and pressure. And above all imo? He's got several fast and safe pokes. 1, f1, d1, f2, d3, f3. And as a bonus you can combo off of his anti-zoning tool (bf4) if you meterburn it.

I honestly disagree about him being A tier just because high level players can use him as a trump card. I mean he's nice, but he's not gonna go ham vs a good amount of the top 10. A lot of people have yet to explore him, so it's a bit to early to call him A tier. Especially with no one taking events as him. If he was really A tier, we'd see more Takeda mains placing in tops.

Top 15 or 20 maybe.
A Mid tier to fear in the right hands.
I agree with all this.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016

okay - i really cant tell if you are even serious anymore. This is about the most false thing you can say.
There is no way in sams hell that takeda can play Jax, Cassie, WG kotal, LK the same way you play Shinnok , Scorpion, Ermac, F/T etc

i think you are really getting this thread confused. - NONE of the takeda mains thinks hes bad anymore. you do not have to try to sell how good hes is . we know this. but even with him being good now , what you just said is so far from the truth .
btw that generic game plan can be said vs anyone. - just replace mid range with close range and change unblockables to 50/50 and thats 75% of the cast.

like i dont even know where to begin - but lets just take KOTAL for instance

Theres no way i can play Kotal WG and SG and BG with the same game plan. Matter a fact , before yest - i thought that SG and BG could be played the same way but Madzin shutdown that idea big time. So, as of now Takeda will prob need 3 different game plans just for Kotal himself.

Theres no way im going to pressure WG like i do SG and there's no way im gonna just stay back mid screen VS BG - def not anymore. also , im not gonna throw as much EX kunais when he has totems up vs how many i would toss out at SG cause the damage negation is godlike. my pokes are gonna be very different VS SG vs than WG and so are my teleport and NJP set ups.

also my NJP game mean absolute shit to errons, jasons, raidens, quans, scorpions, predators, kung jins and a few others NJP. they can pretty much njp mine on reaction and win the NJP war every time
saying NJP works the same is hogwash . NJP whiffing for takeda is something we all bite our tongue on because they fixed so much of his other stuff that its a hit we have just learned to take . i CANNOT use my NJP the same way VS raiden as i would vs tremor.

jokey77

Character Loyalist
Ok dude I'll tell you right now you are tripping balls. Takeda can't play midrange vs ermac or scorpion like he can vs kotal or Jason. He can't poke low with kunai against Quan like he can vs sub zero or Lao or Kung Jin. His frame Traps change depending on opponent, sometimes u need d4 frame adv to truely frame trap a d1 like ermac or shinnok.

Honestly I think Shirai Ryu is a variation that changes its gameplan from match up to match up. You need knowledge in each match up extensively to play Takeda at the highest level.
dude, all your words lead to one simple conclusion: you need to use more unblockables!

believe me, your winrate will skyrocket! I have no idea why people use anything else with takeda anyway. try some random teleports and once finally hit, go for the unblockables!

also my NJP game mean absolute shit to errons, jasons, raidens, quans, scorpions, predators, kung jins and a few others NJP. they can pretty much njp mine on reaction and win the NJP war every time
No they can't. You can't "react" to an NJP, jump up, start yours and hope to beat someone who is already at the very least 15+ frames ahead of you doing the same.

jokey77

Character Loyalist
There are no UNBLOCKABLES only people who can't block. lol!
... yet takeda's kunai set-ups are harder to block than any character. even quan chi is slightly easier to react, even though quan chi can make you guess a couple of times in a row (which is equally dumb, but still fair, because he has a worse teleport and worse footsie tools in general).

SnowboardRX

^ You have no idea who this guy is ^
Can we all finally just agree that jokey is the biggest Takeda troll these forums have ever had and stop reacting/responding to anything he writes about Takeda. Pretend it's not even there. I mean, his name is jokey, he's clearly only on here to cause sh!t. He just ignores what other people say and continues to re-use and repeat the same things over and over...it got old long ago.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
No they can't. You can't "react" to an NJP, jump up, start yours and hope to beat someone who is already at the very least 15+ frames ahead of you doing the same.

maybe react is the wrong word but - the fact of the matter is that i cannot play the same NJP vs everyone on the cast . read, guess ,"react", yolo magical whatever.. njps from these characters will still beat out takedas 99% of the time. even when takeda player makes the right read first - he just doesnt have priority face to face with these characters. thus i cannot play the same "njp" game with everyone as was suggested.,

and even tho he maybe 15+ frames already into his njp - the way his NJP whips attacks, some of these characters can get away with still beating his njp doing theres late . Quan chi and raiden for instance.

Last edited:

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Is Takeda top tier? IMO yes

Top 5 maybe, top 10 definitely

Crucify me, Takeda mains!

jokey77

Character Loyalist
also my NJP game mean absolute shit to errons, jasons, raidens, quans, scorpions, predators, kung jins and a few others NJP. they can pretty much njp mine on reaction and win the NJP war every time.
This is too good to be true!

Can we all finally just agree that jokey is the biggest Takeda troll these forums have ever had and stop reacting/responding to anything he writes about Takeda. Pretend it's not even there. I mean, his name is jokey, he's clearly only on here to cause sh!t. He just ignores what other people say and continues to re-use and repeat the same things over and over...it got old long ago.
I feel mildly offended by this. Almost nothing I do points towards being a troll and it is my good right to have an opinion!

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Changed my avatar to go with my change of main

Im just stirring, Takeda mains are cool people

I do think he's around #4-6 on tier list tho - Ronin, anyway.

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
Makes sense..

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I main Takeda.. I have used all variations but mainly Shirai Ryu because of the tele. But what do you think? Is Takeda a low tier hero or is he a mid tier? I feel like I'm always working my hardest to defeat my opponent when I use Takeda. I always feel like i'm behind even if I have a slight lead. This just might be me.

@Red Raptor
I don't find tier placement relevant, never have.
If you're asking who to main to a tournament - quan, shinnok, jax.

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
... yet takeda's kunai set-ups are harder to block than any character. even quan chi is slightly easier to react, even though quan chi can make you guess a couple of times in a row (which is equally dumb, but still fair, because he has a worse teleport and worse footsie tools in general).
You need to lab these things. And if think Quan has bad footsies with his ridiculous jump 1, his b2, and his zoning I'm sorry but you've lost your damn mind.