What's new

Question - Takeda Is Takeda a low tier hero?

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Robin is not easy to pick up and play

Yes you can start doing some cool stuff in practice soon as you start

But a true Ronin player can play comfortable without the blade, call the blade back at the perfect distance so it launches

I promise this happens alot more than you'd think.
You are mirroring the action of the opponent except you have a head start of their reaction time in frames. If the reaction time of the two players is even remotely equal ( like, within 15 frames) no one is react-NJP-ing your NJP. Otherwise, your opponent is reacting VERY much faster than you are, and therefore it's not an issue with the player and not the character.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
@jokey77 no you can't just use ublockables and win you will burn way too much meter and that isn't productive in the slightest, the game plan changes from character to character like any character in the game, and the fact that you think takedas NJP is actually that good shows your lack of knowledge of the character. It may look really good but it's start up frames, range, and priority pale in comparison to the likes of ferra torr, quan chi, kung jin, kung lao, and more I probably forgot to mention, his NJP really isn't as good as you think it is, and that ublockable isn't as good as you think it is, yeah it is useful, but it isn't something you can just throw out, of course you can time it that is part of using it effectively, no shit, but there is more to consider, the range of your b2 the range of their backdash (since certain characters can back dash it) reading the delayed wake up etc. Etc. Even if the Kunai set up was as braindead, it doesn't make the character itself braindead considering how it isn't like you can just throw out shit randomly and win with this character, he cannot just throw out moves since they all have insane recovery, if you throw out moves you are just asking to be punished, you have to be careful where and when you use your moves to make sure they do not whiff, and if it does whiff then you get full combo punished, now do not get me wrong, takeda is an EXCELLENT character, he is up in the high tiers IMO with Shirai ryu and ronin being the best with an excellent pressure game and a fair space control game as well and Shirai ryu having really good mobility, while lasher has excellent space control and pretty good armor. Over all I give your arguments a D- since you only know a few things about the character and one of those things isn't even true and just a common misconception

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
You are mirroring the action of the opponent except you have a head start of their reaction time in frames. If the reaction time of the two players is even remotely equal ( like, within 15 frames) no one is react-NJP-ing your NJP. Otherwise, your opponent is reacting VERY much faster than you are, and therefore it's not an issue with the player and not the character.
I see what you mean now.

st9rm

viennality.com
@jokey77 no you can't just use ublockables and win you will burn way too much meter and that isn't productive in the slightest, the game plan changes from character to character like any character in the game, and the fact that you think takedas NJP is actually that good shows your lack of knowledge of the character. It may look really good but it's start up frames, range, and priority pale in comparison to the likes of ferra torr, quan chi, kung jin, kung lao, and more I probably forgot to mention, his NJP really isn't as good as you think it is, and that ublockable isn't as good as you think it is, yeah it is useful, but it isn't something you can just throw out, of course you can time it that is part of using it effectively, no shit, but there is more to consider, the range of your b2 the range of their backdash (since certain characters can back dash it) reading the delayed wake up etc. Etc. Even if the Kunai set up was as braindead, it doesn't make the character itself braindead considering how it isn't like you can just throw out shit randomly and win with this character, he cannot just throw out moves since they all have insane recovery, if you throw out moves you are just asking to be punished, you have to be careful where and when you use your moves to make sure they do not whiff, and if it does whiff then you get full combo punished, now do not get me wrong, takeda is an EXCELLENT character, he is up in the high tiers IMO with Shirai ryu and ronin being the best with an excellent pressure game and a fair space control game as well and Shirai ryu having really good mobility, while lasher has excellent space control and pretty good armor. Over all I give your arguments a D- since you only know a few things about the character and one of those things isn't even true and just a common misconception
i agree :)
it's pretty obvious @jokey77 is just trolling and literally doesn't know anything about the character

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
I don't think Jax, EB or Tanya can even hold a candle to this character and some of the others are pretty debatable, but just my opinion

MrProfDrPepper

I don't think Jax, EB or Tanya can even hold a candle to this character and some of the others are pretty debatable, but just my opinion
Jax? :confused: but Jax is like top 3, or at least IMO, he is fucking insanely good since nearly everything he has is plus except for overhead dash punch, and even then you can instead just keep the pressure goiing instead of doing his 50/50s. but how exactly is takeda better than those 3 characters? im not downplaying or anything i do think he is an excellent character but isnt top 10

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
Too low, but what are the 7 characters you think are undeniably higher than him
If I had to blurt names in no particular order: Tanya, Lao, Shinnok, Quan, Cassie, Predator, and Jax all seem higher. To say anything past that enters the realm of "foot in mouth" where I begin to state my strong beliefs, you push back wanting evidence, evidence that I'm not qualified to provide yet you aren't either and we both go home feeling mad at a stranger we don't even care to know.. Let's skip that and focus on WHO ACTUALLY BELIEVES TAKEDA IS TOP 4? Probably three people...

At the end of the day, I'll defer to whatever Elder Takeda God's @haytei, @RedRaptor and @st9rm believe but IMO Takeda's floating around the 7-12 range with a bunch of other characters who's actual placement I won't speculate because tier lists are dumb and they only complicate the fact that it's all just popular opinion based on who's salty at what point because said character placed at what tournament what week... Etc.

That's what I gather.. but I'm a mid-tier player scrubbing out wins playing only Takeda and his three very different variation... so what do I really know anyway? lol

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
im gonna have to politely but completely disagree with Jax being lower on the scale than Takeda. Jax is a powerhouse and cause smajority of the cast more problems than takeda. . Now if Takeda standing 11 had better AA properties and he had better armor breaking then your views would prob hold true. but then, with those tools and what he already has, hed most likely be broken . ( but i will still take the better AA if NRS wants to give it :rolleyes:)

and i think Erron also is above takeda- maybe not by much anymore but i think he poses a bigger threat .

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
@I GOT HANDS ... just come on over to the dark side... you know you want to... youre half way there anyway. ..plus, technically ppl really only hate us cause of the scorpion and kenshi (sorry pig) relation.

Come on... we got lightsabers, whips, and shit candy :)

MrProfDrPepper

@I GOT HANDS ... just come on over to the dark side... you know you want to... youre half way there anyway. ..plus, technically ppl really only hate us cause of the scorpion and kenshi (sorry pig) relation.

i miss kenshi :( why does he have to be so bad in this game

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure

Was going to, I went with Scorpion because I wanted to test myself with cancels but otherwise, and next on the list if he remains unchanged is Ronin... he's similar to Hat Trick in some ways so I can dig the swag, and I also think he's incredibly strong (obviously)

xZoro

War God.
'Low tier hero' Fucking hell this phrase makes me question so much.
Why do people care about tiers, just play what you want, you shouldnt get more or less credit for playing a low or high tier, some low tiers are easy to play 'Jason' Some top tiers are more difficult to play.

jokey77

Character Loyalist
'Low tier hero' Fucking hell this phrase makes me question so much.
Why do people care about tiers, just play what you want, you shouldnt get more or less credit for playing a low or high tier, some low tiers are easy to play 'Jason' Some top tiers are more difficult to play.
That's pretty much what I would say too, if MY character had unblockable set-ups and I wanted them to remain unseen, so they don't get nerfed! Just saying!

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
Takeda isnt low tier tier , he is around higher mid. He has footsies, spacing, mixups(kinda) pressure, damage, setups he has everything except for good wakeups at least in shirai. Also you basically can jump against takeda and its hard to zone him.

jokey77

Character Loyalist
Takeda isnt low tier tier , he is around higher mid. He has footsies, spacing, mixups(kinda) pressure, damage, setups he has everything except for good wakeups at least in shirai. Also you basically can jump against takeda and its hard to zone him.
He also has unblockables! Never forget these!

st9rm

viennality.com
He also has unblockables! Never forget these!
he has no unblockables.
his hard-to-blockablea are never guaranteed, since you can run/jump, or even armor out ( depending on the char)
also, these setups require a bar of meter and cannot be looped, ala quan chi

jokey77

Character Loyalist
he has no unblockables.
his hard-to-blockablea are never guaranteed, since you can run/jump, or even armor out ( depending on the char)
also, these setups require a bar of meter and cannot be looped, ala quan chi
... stop downplaying please! noone has won more games because of the unblockables than you! besides it is time for another challenge: "Plasma vs. Unblockables" ! You record a ft10-set, we upload it right here! If you win, it is the final proof for unblockables being dumb!

Last edited:

st9rm

viennality.com
... stop downplaying please! noone has won more games because of the unblockables than you! besides it is time for another challenge: "Plasma vs. Unblockables" ! You record a ft10-set, we upload it right here! If you win, it is the final proof for unblockables being dumb!
sooo you're saying that i can only beat your predator, because i'm using ex kunai setups :DOGE ?
tomorrow's our Friday Fatal Fights weekly anyway, we can do our match offline at the dojo ;)