What's new

Question - Takeda Is Takeda a low tier hero?

FluffyKittenPops

#ONTHERISE
I main Takeda.. I have used all variations but mainly Shirai Ryu because of the tele. But what do you think? Is Takeda a low tier hero or is he a mid tier? I feel like I'm always working my hardest to defeat my opponent when I use Takeda. I always feel like i'm behind even if I have a slight lead. This just might be me.

@Red Raptor

FluffyKittenPops

#ONTHERISE
Takeda is A+ right under the S tier characters, IMO.

Very underrated character as a whole, especially after the buffs.
He's the only character to fit my playstyle, I was thinking about picking up other characters to counter other matchups but everyone else feels foreign to me. Thanks for the input.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016

now he can def hang with the big boys but id def put him at A (edited- yomi tier list didn't have A-) esp with the dirt that some of those A+ cast can pull it get away with

- But i will say he has to be one of the more honest characters guess kunai setups make him not honest

(yay we have dirt lol)

Last edited:

Espio

Kokomo
lol what do people mean by honest
When people say "honest" they usually mean that even if a character is "good" they are fair and play reasonably within the confines of the game without having overly strong tools whether that be zoning, mix ups, pressure or footsies. Solid characters and terrible characters can both be considered honest and often are by many people.

They essentially "play fair". Whether Takeda falls under that is another matter entirely.

FluffyKittenPops

#ONTHERISE
When people say "honest" they usually mean that even if a character is "good" they are fair and play reasonably within the confines of the game without having overly strong tools whether that be zoning, mix ups, pressure or footsies. Solid characters and terrible characters can both be considered honest and often are by many people.

They essentially "play fair".
Oh. So Predator is Honest. :DOGE

See the best thing about takeda is since the buffs.....each variation can now back each other up in certain match ups. It's not like some characters that have only one good variation or some that have 1 good one and one decent one.

.....although i still think lasher is booty.....just my opinion

Kingshootahz

Ain't nobody trilla than shootah.

This. If you're having trouble with takeda I have no idea what to tell you besides 8 frame d1 is your only worry and you play his best variation I don't see why you work so hard for a win.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Shirai Ryu has 'pseudo unblockables' wouldnt really call that honest lol.
now i didnt say he was the most honest :rolleyes:- he has dirt but compared to some of the other people in Yomis tier list - to partner him up parallel with some of the fighters in the A+ category i just dunno-- i def feel that hes good - but i still say A- ( i guess which would be A)

the yomi tier list

A+ Tier
Predator
Tremor
Cassie
D'Vorah
Johnny Cage
Jax

A Tier
Sonya Blade
Erron Black
Kotal Kahn
Sub-Zero
Scorpion
Kung Jin
Liu Kang
Takeda
Kitana
Reptile
Kano
Raiden

saying that takeda is in the same grouping as Predator, Cassie, Jax etc i dont think hes up there..
he can def hang with them but i really fell hes in the A tier