What's new

Question - Takeda Is Takeda a low tier hero?

jokey77

Character Loyalist
there's the word on the street that you wouldn't attend FFF tomorrow, as you are hiding in tirol?
you got every reason to, now even more than before!

edit: and yes, this was pretty exactly what I was trying to say! you could always opt for playing me with Cassie. I think you have yet to win a single set with her against me. :)

Last edited:

st9rm

viennality.com
there's the word on the street that you wouldn't attend FFF tomorrow, as you are hiding in tirol?
you got every reason to, now even more than before!

edit: and yes, this was pretty exactly what I was trying to say! you could always opt for playing me with Cassie. I think you have yet to win a single set with her against me. :)
i'll attend the FFF and drive to tirol on saturday :)

hmm, i might be picking her tomorrow, or maybe i'll go for top tier lao
if all else fails though, back to the "unblockables":DOGE

jokey77

Character Loyalist
... why can't people just play honest characters like mine? I don't mind Cassie though. Or rather, I don't mind YOU playing Cassie!
So we got a ft10 tomorrow, unless all my other feuds fill my schedule!

st9rm

viennality.com
... why can't people just play honest characters like mine? I don't mind Cassie though. Or rather, I don't mind YOU playing Cassie!
So we got a ft10 tomorrow, unless all my other feuds fill my schedule!
yep, let's do a ft10!
how is HQT Pred honest, especially when you're playing on hitbox X_X

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Wait ? Alllllll this time you play predator hqt with a hitboxe?

Wooooooooow,
I thought you were like goroboys, or at least maybe kanokrew.

Takeda almost can't do shit against that 50/50 pew pew shit in the corner

Our njp don't work for crap vs predators njp

Disks can keep us out the sky...a lot

We can barely armor break - and that's if we get lucky... pretty much f3 is the only consistent one. F21 and f12 are gambles

bloody damage and meter building

And all this on a hitbox- in a nrs game .

Sorry sir dirty Kunai setups are needed in this Match just as much as they are vs Lui kang.

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
Wait ? Alllllll this time you play predator hqt with a hitboxe?

Wooooooooow,
I thought you were like goroboys, or at least maybe kanokrew.

Takeda almost can't do shit against that 50/50 pew pew shit in the corner

Our njp don't work for crap vs predators njp

Disks can keep us out the sky...a lot

We can barely armor break - and that's if we get lucky... pretty much f3 is the only consistent one. F21 and f12 are gambles

bloody damage and meter building

And all this on a hitbox- in a nrs game .

Sorry sir dirty Kunai setups are needed in this Match just as much as they are vs Lui kang.
Kano is not low tier at all lol

jokey77

Character Loyalist
Hqt is a pretty balanced character with a couple of bad MUs. I hope for a minor buff (like making 3 a mid again or reducing the start-up of plasma by a single frame) and he should be fine again!

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Hqt is a pretty balanced character with a couple of bad MUs. I hope for a minor buff (like making 3 a mid again or reducing the start-up of plasma by a single frame) and he should be fine again!
Are you shujinkydink's relative or what? HQT isn't 'balanced' at all lol. His zoning and keepaway are retarded, especially for someone who has access to 50/50s.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
He said in another thread that QCs pseudo isn't flexible like takedas because if he delays the NJP you know to block low first. So apparently he can react to 5 frame moves and judge whether they are going to be a frame ahead or a frame before the incoming Bat I guess. He also doesn't realise what delaying is, because Quan literally has no timer on either move other than the Trance running out, he can press the buttons when he wants. He then proceed to finish his explanation with informing me that Takedas NJP beats Quans in an air-to-air trade. That's when I stopped replying. This guy is salty as hell and just has no idea lol. I'd ignore him, but I'm more interested in being able to see which people are biased enough to click "like" on such posts.

jokey77

Character Loyalist
So apparently he can react to 5 frame moves and judge whether they are going to be a frame ahead or a frame before the incoming Bat I guess.
You wouldn't believe what Predator-Vision allows you to do. It is really odd. After some time playing Pred I started seeing things in grey tones. Luckily a friend of mine got me a mask with infrared-vision. Ever since then my blocking skills have improved a lot.

He also doesn't realise what delaying is, because Quan literally has no timer on either move other than the Trance running out, he can press the buttons when he wants.
I must disagree agree, because of ...
... of ...
... of ...
(I am just showing that I understand the concept of delaying)
... of ...
... of ...
... of these facts: The hitstun of Quan Chi usually pushes you away. Not too much, but still too far to simply go for a b3. Quan can delay the b2, but the (less damaging) better mixups come from an ordinary b2. That is, because a fully charged b2 is needed for juggling. As a result the timing of the bat becomes predictable. You don't want the bat to ruin your juggle by hitting too late. An ordinary b2~another trance (while the bat is attacking low) is still almost as broken as ex-kunai setups, I agree. At least when it comes to blocking. Damagewise kunai-setups hurt more.

He then proceed to finish his explanation with informing me that Takedas NJP beats Quans in an air-to-air trade. That's when I stopped replying. This guy is salty as hell and just has no idea lol. I'd ignore him, but I'm more interested in being able to see which people are biased enough to click "like" on such posts.
Generally I understand that Takeda-Players often are very narrow-minded, when it comes to their options. That is, because NJP and kunai-setups (especially the Kunai-Setups) usually can be used in pretty much every situation. Takeda-Players simply don't have to think about what to do next. Many of them even forgot about the tornado-overhead or their other specialmoves. It is just bitter, that YOU seem to forget about teleport. Teleport is done by pressing down, then back, in a circular motion. Then you press 3. It makes Takeda disappear from the screen and reapper on the other side of it while doing a punch-attack. Scorpion has a similar move. Scorpion is the yellow ninja, in case you didn't know. Storywise that is, because Scorpion was Takeda's teacher. In MK XI we will find out, that Scorpion kicked Takeda out of his dojo, because "ex kunai setups" make you instantly lose any honour that you have ever gained and Scorpion lives by a strict ninja-code. Later Takeda applies for a ninja-job in the "Village Hidden in the Leaves", but is also refused. However, back to the topic: Teleport simply beats everything quan chi can do air-to-air. You can even do a teleport on reaction once quan starts jumping. I know, implementing a new move might seem like a big step. Yet I tell you one thing to make it easier: Instant air teleport on whiff can be followed up with good old NJP and will work more often than not! Especially online and especially against your friends, who also refuse to use more than two moves!

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
You wouldn't believe what Predator-Vision allows you to do. It is really odd. After some time playing Pred I started seeing things in grey tones. Luckily a friend of mine got me a mask with infrared-vision. Ever since then my blocking skills have improved a lot.

I must disagree agree, because of ...
... of ...
... of ...
(I am just showing that I understand the concept of delaying)
... of ...
... of ...
... of these facts: The hitstun of Quan Chi usually pushes you away. Not too much, but still too far to simply go for a b3. Quan can delay the b2, but the (less damaging) better mixups come from an ordinary b2. That is, because a fully charged b2 is needed for juggling. As a result the timing of the bat becomes predictable. You don't want the bat to ruin your juggle by hitting too late. An ordinary b2~another trance (while the bat is attacking low) is still almost as broken as ex-kunai setups, I agree. At least when it comes to blocking. Damagewise kunai-setups hurt more.

Generally I understand that Takeda-Players often are very narrow-minded, when it comes to their options. That is, because NJP and kunai-setups (especially the Kunai-Setups) usually can be used in pretty much every situation. Takeda-Players simply don't have to think about what to do next. Many of them even forgot about the tornado-overhead or their other specialmoves. It is just bitter, that YOU seem to forget about teleport. Teleport is done by pressing down, then back, in a circular motion. Then you press 3. It makes Takeda disappear from the screen and reapper on the other side of it while doing a punch-attack. Scorpion has a similar move. Scorpion is the yellow ninja, in case you didn't know. Storywise that is, because Scorpion was Takeda's teacher. In MK XI we will find out, that Scorpion kicked Takeda out of his dojo, because "ex kunai setups" make you instantly lose any honour that you have ever gained and Scorpion lives by a strict ninja-code. Later Takeda applies for a ninja-job in the "Village Hidden in the Leaves", but is also refused. However, back to the topic: Teleport simply beats everything quan chi can do air-to-air. You can even do a teleport on reaction once quan starts jumping. I know, implementing a new move might seem like a big step. Yet I tell you one thing to make it easier: Instant air teleport on whiff can be followed up with good old NJP and will work more often than not! Especially online and especially against your friends, who also refuse to use more than two moves!
Heh. This post was actually really funny. Ah well

One thing that I will correct for you TP does not autowin the air-to-air game for Takeda. I could see how it may think so playing against him, but it doesn't, especially against Quan. It wins the air-to-air game on a read. However it's highly punishable and high risk, high reward, in fact the damage on the punish on block is way more than you get off the hit. Basically, if you are in NJP range, and Quan decides to use it, if you wait for him to jump to TP, it's way too late. If you make the read that he NJPs, chances are you will catch him, although there's a window for you to still get caught. If you make the read wrong, you'll get punished into vortex.

That's all irrelevant because the comment I just made was in response to you saying his NJP beats Quans, which it most certainly does not under any circumstance other than Quan trying to NJP out of range to connect it. Hell even if Quan is slower to the jump than Takeda he can beat him out. Test for yourself.

Last edited:

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
As a matter a fact - takeda vs Kano or takeda va kotal are my fav match ups fun wise . when someone plays good footsies with Kano and wins I'm like yes you deserved that , I will gladly take that L

LucaTheRipper

RULES OF NATURE!
Guys, stop feeding him and don't give attention to this JoKeY ~Le TrOLLfaCe dude anymore.
He's like the M.D of Takeda community, does nothing but complains about kunai setups. The funny thing is that i discovered he plays with HQT and claims he's honest lol.

What I don t understand is why does he ignore me telling him how to get easily out of the powerful delayed low kunai b21 set up and instead chose to preach about how "OP" it is

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Yep and they can armor out as well . So i dont know what "dirty" and "not honest" about something you can clearly get out of. People were talking like its quans pseudo

lol it is kinda dirty i aint gonna lie :rolleyes:- & i try to make mine as dirty as possible but yeah jokey def goes a bit over board..sometimes its funny, and sometimes is like "okay man:coffee: " - youre (jokingly*)spreading false info that the ppl who dont test things for themselves are gonna eat up and just co-sign it with you because they dont like to deal with it.

i juist think St9rm layus into him during their locals.

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
he has no unblockables.
his hard-to-blockablea are never guaranteed, since you can run/jump, or even armor out ( depending on the char)
also, these setups require a bar of meter and cannot be looped, ala quan chi
Oh there are some ways to get out of them but the problem is for a lot of them you try to jump your getting punished, you try to armor it will break most, so basically if you try avoiding it you risk getting blown up for it.

FluffyKittenPops

#ONTHERISE
I cant seem to do the hard blockable anymore /:. I use to be able to do it consistently but for some reason i can get the b2 to come out after the ex kunai

SnowboardRX

^ You have no idea who this guy is ^
REALLY? People are still responding to anything Jokey says in these Takeda forums? STAHP! Dude's the biggest troll.
......Hold on a second (gonna take a page out of Jokey's book) while I go into the Brain Surgeons of America forums and start telling them how easy it is to JUST cut and pop open a skull and then JUST slice a couple spots here and there and you're done. Easy Peasy.
^^^^^^^This is his logic. No practical knowledge/skill.

Nothing against him personally but his Takeda logic is just flawed.