What's new

Match-up Discussion Is Sub Zero the bane of Jax?

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I don't think Cage players used to spam f3 nonstop because it was neutral. Now that we know it gives random advantage, Cage players will be more abusive of the move which gives him a better comeback factor. Still Sub's favor but it does change the match a bit

Cage's f3 is randomly +9. Similar to jax's corner block infinite but Cage can do it midscreen. Do you care to elaborate on your new stuff?
Cage players have always been using F3 lol, its not changed anything.

You cant abuse a move that randomly gives advantage, because neither play knows when its advantage or not

cage's F+3 being random adv is very old actually and known about for quite some time. cage beats sub-zero 6-4 and this would be the case with or without the F+3 being random adv.

Seapeople

This one's for you
If it's old you must've been one of the only people that knew about it. Cdjr was speculating it like a week ago and Somberness didn't even find it until then.

Anyway, do you feel like sharing what has killed Sub? If not it's no problem, I'm just curious.

If it's old you must've been one of the only people that knew about it. Cdjr was speculating it like a week ago and Somberness didn't even find it until then.

Anyway, do you feel like sharing what has killed Sub? If not it's no problem, I'm just curious.
i didnt know it was +9 random adv but i knew that sometimes it is adv. it was the ONLY thing that we could think of to explain why you cant poke out sometimes.

Interesting. I always thought Sub was at a slight advantage, maybe even with Cage, but seeing it in Cage's favor is a new take on the matchup.

Panque

Random foreign guy
sub cannot win vs top characters at the highest level.. he is the worst character in MK9. the only match he wins is csz.. i have found something vs sub to exploit that has him lose every match in the game aside from vs csz.
Maybe he can't win anymore, but I've seen you do it tons of times, and I believe you and your opponents were in the highest level. Don't think he can possibly be the worst in the game, but I can't wait for you to reveal this exploit, I might be tier-whoring soon. By the way, can you say when you are going to reveal your new char?

He also said Sub-Zero would be top3 in patch 1.05. So?
Let's be fair here. He didn't knew about all the armor and dash nerf, or at least how it would affect sub.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
The bottom line is, in the next patch (if there is one final patch) they should off Cyber Sub and Human Sub completely, and just mash them two fuckers together to make one decent character.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
I'm not sure if Sub-Zero with a divekick and parry would be cool or scary.
CSZ with:

His normal strings 212+1, 112, 332, 34, B22, F221, U4.
Having Sub zeros d4 and keeping his d3
CSZ having Sub Zeros B121 or (4), 214, 212, 22(4) and his easy hit confirming :r:bk...
Armoured :en Slide
Floor Freeze (for opponents laying down after his slide on hit, to try avoid his 332 or 34)
Having Sub zeros :x
Sub zeros recovery on his ice balls
Having his parry but spending meter to have a clone, and whilst having a clone up throwing out an Ice bomb from behind it...
Being able to charge up a B2 after freezes and continue into more pressure, CSZ can do 43% mid screen meter-less combos ending with after slide pressure.
Lets not forget, getting your face dive kicked off.

Jesus christ man, that sounds fucking scary to me.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
I will wait to see what this new exploit is, but I currently think Sub-Zero is still a good character. I don't know why everybody;s so down on him at the moment, but perhaps I'll change my mind when Tom cares to explain this Sub-Zero killing technology?

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
The bottom line is, in the next patch (if there is one final patch) they should off Cyber Sub and Human Sub completely, and just mash them two fuckers together to make one decent character.
Best thing I've ever in this forum since I created my account.

I will wait to see what this new exploit is, but I currently think Sub-Zero is still a good character. I don't know why everybody;s so down on him at the moment, but perhaps I'll change my mind when Tom cares to explain this Sub-Zero killing technology?

I don't think he will explain something of this magnitude any time soon. :(

Odoyle

Drops combos
I wish Tom Brady didn't get trolled so bad by some Sub Zero players so most of us (his fans who main Sub) could benefit from his knowledge. It's a damn shame really.

LEGEND

YES!
sub cannot win vs top characters at the highest level.. he is the worst character in MK9. the only match he wins is csz.. i have found something vs sub to exploit that has him lose every match in the game aside from vs csz.
dash blocking ice clones when needed and turtling on health advantage?

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
I wish Tom Brady didn't get trolled so bad by some Sub Zero players so most of us (his fans who main Sub) could benefit from his knowledge. It's a damn shame really.
There's no shame about it, really. He is the best Sub-Zero in the world, period. And I dare anyone to proof otherwise. But the thing is: it seems that his arrogance is so fucking huge that he can't take a troll or a NO for a answer, like if everything he says is the unquestionable truth, which isn't.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
I don't want to sound biased but Foxy has the best Sub-Zero I've seen. Sub-Zero should belong to him now, lol. That's the truth, man.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
everyone not tom brady has the best sub-zero someone has ever seen lol..
You've said yourself you're done with the character. I am basing this on the current version of the game and the people I see playing the character currently. It's not meant to be a disrespectful comment towards you.

Most successful Sub-Zero: Tom Brady, without a doubt... but he's not playing Sub-Zero anymore...

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
Where can i find Foxy Sub-Zero footage?
If I was as good as he is with Sonya and Cage, I probably wouldn't play Sub-Zero in a competitive setting either, to be honest. Matchup wise, Sub-Zero isn't as good a character as either of those two. His Sub has been on stream before in causuals, though.

The way to beat Sub Zero with any predominantly rushdown characters e.g Johnny Cage, Jax is to get a life lead, then wait for Sub Zero to come to you. Sub Zero can't do anything from long range if you duck his ice balls, his slide is blockable, and then he's in your face where you want him. Hope this helps anyone :)