What's new

Question - Shaolin Is Shaolin secretly S tier ?

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
If that's all he got nerf wise that's not bad at all. It definitely sucks but manageable.

Yea very true idk if that was changed. I really like that string I started using it for when ppl run in but I'll start trying to stagger with it as well.

I looked at the kj buff/nerf thread and someone showed the beta combo list for shaolin and it still says 1 is +2 11 is -2 and 111 is -7 so idk if that's old or what
If that's all he got nerf wise that's not bad at all. It definitely sucks but manageable.

Yea very true idk if that was changed. I really like that string I started using it for when ppl run in but I'll start trying to stagger with it as well.

I looked at the kj buff/nerf thread and someone showed the beta combo list for shaolin and it still says 1 is +2 11 is -2 and 111 is -7 so idk if that's old or what
Yeah, I believe someone mentioned that Paulo said we should not rely on the frame data in the beta, because it could well be wrong

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
Yeah, I believe someone mentioned that Paulo said we should not rely on the frame data in the beta, because it could well be wrong
Well damn. But still we could have got a lot worse so its not to bad. I like the idea of using 34 stagger tho I'll start trying to work that in more so I'm used to it by March 1st

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
And depending on how negative 1 and 11 are and if they changed the hit adv. on 11 they can still be used. I guess we will have to wait and see but all and all I'm happy it could be a lot worse

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
Still think ex shaolin drop should be plus lol to give us some + frames on block but his chip could be pretty serious since its already safe as it is. It just looks like something that should be plus but I can dream lol

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
Well damn. But still we could have got a lot worse so its not to bad. I like the idea of using 34 stagger tho I'll start trying to work that in more so I'm used to it by March 1st
yeah 34 as a stagger is great, I really like doing things like ji2, 34, b12 db3 d4, the aggregate damage is good and it keeps the opponent on their toes

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
yeah 34 as a stagger is great, I really like doing things like ji2, 34, b12 db3 d4, the aggregate damage is good and it keeps the opponent on their toes
Yea that a good idea or end a combo in 34 as like a reset kinda. I usually used it to stop run ins since it fast and advances forward I catch a lot of ppl with it

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
Yea that a good idea or end a combo in 34 as like a reset kinda. I usually used it to stop run ins since it fast and advances forward I catch a lot of ppl with it
yup -in the string that I mentioned it is essentially a reset, since the first part ends with 34, the rest is just a new mixup using the hit advantage

Flurry22

BFGC | Station
Kung Jin has no way to keep his offense going afte his combos. All of his combos send the opponent away reseting back to neutral.

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
Kung Jin has no way to keep his offense going afte his combos. All of his combos send the opponent away reseting back to neutral.
In shaolin if you end in drop your right on top of them with oki. Now bojitsu you are working them to the corner and after watching sakron on ESL you could end your combos in b34 for the hard knockdown at your feet

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
s1 - instead of +2? That is a shame. d1 is the only thing after s1 that other pokes can't beat (fastest mid at 13), I don't see why it is necessary to be nerfed. Won't kill the character by any means, but it just seems like an unjustified nerf. Still, nothing is confirmed yet so I can hope he keeps it.
1,1 is minus 2
1,1,1 is minus 7

Too bad, so sad. Well, not really - because it's really...

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Ummm no. He has a standing reset. One of the strongest things in the history of NRS games.
Kung Jin only has a restand tool in Ancestral, barring buffs, nobody in their right mind is going to give up Shaolin's/Bojutsu's tools just for a restand. And even if it does get buffs they will still most likely use it for other reasons.

Standing resets in this game for the most part are a bill. Between the post-knockdown options Jax gets after using Gotcha Grab in Heavy Weapons/Wrestler vs restanding me with Gotcha Grab in Pumped Up, yeah, I'll take that restand all day.

GAV

Its always been like that...
How is -7 full combo punishable by the entire cast?
I wonder if players recognize me from here and pick Kung Jin because it seems like I face him a lot.

I don't even dislike any other characters. Its just KJ, and its really only just Bojutsu. I can't even focus enough to find counter-strategies.

I've thought characters were stupid in past fighting games, but never thought anyone was as cheap as Bojutsu.

He's like the Dallas Cowboys of MKX. When TrePound said he was nerfed, I was ecstatic and ran with it here.

Here's to hoping he still gets nerfed...

the.hamburglar

Alien keeps me up at night
what are you talking about?S tier?he has 19 frames ovhd which means no 50/50,after the 1st hit if you block low you have nothing to fear and many to punish.his njp is -16,his ex arrows that are plus even if they are mid can be crouched......so no!
he is a very good char but not an S.
his njp is -16? wow i never knew that because i read somewhere alot of characters are plus on jump in punch/ njp typ moves, i thank you sir for that info

Reactions: GAV

the.hamburglar

Alien keeps me up at night
I wonder if players recognize me from here and pick Kung Jin because it seems like I face him a lot.

I don't even dislike any other characters. Its just KJ, and its really only just Bojutsu. I can't even focus enough to find counter-strategies.

I've thought characters were stupid in past fighting games, but never thought anyone was as cheap as Bojutsu.

He's like the Dallas Cowboys of MKX. When TrePound said he was nerfed, I was ecstatic and ran with it here.

hey man i play sun god and what ive noticed is that when he does that ex swing where it ends with an overhead, you can punish that wiith b1,2,2 into command grab and i know you can punish alot more things but i completely agree with you, i cant stand playing kj and mileena

Darth Rambo

GT:DarthxXxRambo PSN:Darth__Rambo

I liked that just for the gifs, your gifing is top tier for sure lol I kinda understand your hate for bojustu but you play kotal right? you can literally punish everything they try to do to you. Whats the problem?

GAV

I liked that just for the gifs, your gifing is top tier for sure lol I kinda understand your hate for bojustu but you play kotal right? you can literally punish everything they try to do to you. Whats the problem?
Really? It seems to me like its always Bojutsu's turn.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main

Vs BoJintsu

Find his range of f2...stay just out of it.

There is nothing he can do.

Duck his arrows...you can trip guard his jump ins, punish his divekick and everything else. Only thing to really watch for is b214 or b21 2+4 and that's not even intimidating in the nuetral.

You use Sun God Kotal? F1.
Kitana has fans.

Kitana beats BoJintsu like 7-3

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
his njp is -16? wow i never knew that because i read somewhere alot of characters are plus on jump in punch/ njp typ moves, i thank you sir for that info
You misunderstood my friend,the njp moves are - on their way up,and +on their way down so.....kung jin's njp on it's way up is godlike as a combo starter, but -16 if you block it.