What's new

Question - Shaolin Is Shaolin secretly S tier ?

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
You played MK9 right, remember Kabal's overhead with the hookswords? Would you say that's reactable?
Don't waste your time man,TYM community has made to us clear that you must agree with the OP and the guys that agree with him,otherwise you are a scrub.
This is me in this case,it is all right.
I know nothing about my main right?.....thank you all.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Don't waste your time man,TYM community has made to us clear that you must agree with the OP and the guys that agree with him,otherwise you are a scrub.
This is me in this case,it is all right.
I know nothing about my main right?.....thank you all.
That has nothing to do with anything. Answer my question.

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
What's your point? 19 frames isn't reliably reactable.
Obviously you haven't played the beta lol. If I can react to subs 17 frame overhead you can react to Kung jins
You are not reacting to Subs OH you are making a read
i literally laughed so hard when I read that. You can literally see the overhead coming. I block low first because you can't react to any of subs lows. And if I see his slow arm coming I block high.

The Highlander

There can be only one
Obviously you haven't played the beta lol. If I can react to subs 17 frame overhead you can react to Kung jins

i literally laughed so hard when I read that. You can literally see the overhead coming. I block low first because you can't react to any of subs lows. And if I see his slow arm coming I block high.
So you're saying you've blocked subs overhead every single time? Please play this http://www.teyah.net/MilliaBlocker_v0.3.swf If you manage to get lower than 20 then I'll be impressed.

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
Lol you are such a Ninja

It's not wheather its reactable on paper there are multiple factors to follow as in animations, time of input, multitasking so I fail to believe it's reactable , how to test is have a real person only do B2 and you have to crouch and can only stand up to block B2

So try get a first to 10 for every time you stand up prematurely or get hit by the overhead you lose a point for every block you get 1
I agree to an extent. If sub has me in the corner with an ice clone there's so much to look out for. But if it's cryo or even Gm mid screen? No that overhead almost never hits me

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Its not, but Bojutsu is definitely noob tier - meaning no matter what you do with that variation - you're a noob. Nothing you do in that variation matters beyond making you a neophyte until you decide to graduate and move on to a real variation. Any real discussion should be left to adults - and, come dinner-time, you're at the kiddie table.

JesterSMX

It's too laggy to poke...
No way S tier. To be S tier you have to have a win button or something "dirty." He's very good because of his safety and range but Shaolin and broken have never been in the same sentence regarding MK. I don't think he needs any buffs but because of how dependent he is on meter, any frame nerfs would be disappointing. Shaolin is pretty straightforward and should be left as is.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
No way S tier. To be S tier you have to have a win button or something "dirty." He's very good because of his safety and range but Shaolin and broken have never been in the same sentence regarding MK. I don't think he needs any buffs but because of how dependent he is on meter, any frame nerfs would be disappointing. Shaolin is pretty straightforward and should be left as is.
...but he's gettin' nerfed, so...

Darth Rambo

GT:DarthxXxRambo PSN:Darth__Rambo
Its not, but Bojutsu is definitely noob tier - meaning no matter what you do with that variation - you're a noob. Nothing you do in that variation matters beyond making you a neophyte until you decide to graduate and move on to a real variation. Any real discussion should be left to adults - and, come dinner-time, you're at the kiddie table.
Some one salty?

Trustypatches

PSN: Boweeen, Twitch: rBoweeen
Just what I've seen on streams.

His 1's are no longer plus. Now, he only has minus strings. 1,1,1 is complete combo punishable now.
s1 - instead of +2? That is a shame. d1 is the only thing after s1 that other pokes can't beat (fastest mid at 13), I don't see why it is necessary to be nerfed. Won't kill the character by any means, but it just seems like an unjustified nerf. Still, nothing is confirmed yet so I can hope he keeps it.

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
Just what I've seen on streams.

His 1's are no longer plus. Now, he only has minus strings. 1,1,1 is complete combo punishable now.
Damn that sucks. 11 was such a good string you stagger for throws and if you hit it was like +32 I think.

At least it doesn't kill the character I don't know why they did that since some ppl have way better stagger strings and like you said he doesn't have any plus strings on block.

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
Damn that sucks. 11 was such a good string you stagger for throws and if you hit it was like +32 I think.

At least it doesn't kill the character I don't know why they did that since some ppl have way better stagger strings and like you said he doesn't have any plus strings on block.
at least we still have 34 for staggers. That wasn't nerfed was it?

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
If that's all he got nerf wise that's not bad at all. It definitely sucks but manageable.
at least we still have 34 for staggers. That wasn't nerfed was it?
Yea very true idk if that was changed. I really like that string I started using it for when ppl run in but I'll start trying to stagger with it as well.

I looked at the kj buff/nerf thread and someone showed the beta combo list for shaolin and it still says 1 is +2 11 is -2 and 111 is -7 so idk if that's old or what

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
@TackyHaddock

I just watched the video again and in the beta move list it says 3 is -1 and 34 is -3 so unless they changed it again after that video was made then idk where those changes to 1 and 11 came from