What's new

Question - Sektor Is Sektor Lacking in Comparison to His Counterparts?

Naw it's not the bombs, he feels lacking in comparison to Smoke & Cy Sub(Obviously) too.
I think Smoke is the weakest of the 4 (although not a bad char) Sektor has the long range dirt, cyrax has the comeback damage, csz is bullshit and then smoke has the restand/neutral game tools.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
With Sektor I rarely feel the need to commit to a 50/50 the same way CSZ does, and they can be made safe. The better mids and better ranged pokes, uprockets just make him feel complete. After messing aroun with him he is probably better than smoke at the least.

JJ44NB

Noob
But how is he missing anything? He has good zoning, a hit confirmable teleport that he can combo after, up rockets he can combo after from full screen or run up and get a few mix up off of on block if he uses meter, he has some pretty good damage, some good armor, I'm seriously not sure what he is lacking. I'm very confused
I think "lacking" is the wrong word. Simplistic may have been the better term. Nothing wrong with a simple play style! (Wait for uprocket to hit, confirm in full combo, send full screen, rinse & repeat!)

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Coming from a cyber kano player and now playing sektor casue of cyber nerfs ill say this. People are actually scared to move agaisnt me now. As kano i used footsies and knives to check people and im still doing the same thing with sektor but on a new level. Missles and rockets hurt. If i put missles on my self and you ran in? Free combo. Am i down and need to come back? Ex up missle and run in 50-50. Ppl ducking straight missle? Ex missle and you can still convert from full screen.in terms of play style hes way more straightforward than the other robots. You dont have to see what range your at for a bomb placement like cyrax. Dont have to check your stamina as much as smoke for the phase and phase pressure set up. Hes def not lacking. Hes just isnt as crazy as the other robots

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Yeah, he's definitely alot more fair than cyrax. Cyrax is alot more salt inducing and is basically a new summoner quan chi, cyrax may very well be a contender for being top 3, 2 or 1.
I think Sektor has a better neutral, better meter building, better armor(this ones not even up for debate), I'd need to mess with Cyrax more probably but as it seems they are just as good as one another. Even out of the borgs I can't see Cyrax being better than Sub-Zero, but he seems neck and neck with Sektor.

Yeah, he's definitely alot more fair than cyrax. Cyrax is alot more salt inducing and is basically a new summoner quan chi, cyrax may very well be a contender for being top 3, 2 or 1.
Not even comparable to quan chi , only thing they have in common is a hard to unblockable but instead his was 6 way mixup and a 1f block and it could have been +14 soo...

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
Not even comparable to quan chi , only thing they have in common is a hard to unblockable but instead his was 6 way mixup and a 1f block and it could have been +14 soo...
Cyrax has alot of stuff that should be considerable just as good as quan chi, he has 40% setups into 33% bnbs that lead into another guaranteed bomb setup which leads to..

You guessed it!Another mixup.
And his mixups are safe too, infact they leave you + on block too.

Cyrax has alot of stuff that should be considerable just as good as quan chi, he has 40% setups into 33% bnbs that lead into another guaranteed bomb setup which leads to..

Every single thing quan does while he has his bat out is literally 42%+ midscreen and in the corner its 53% or so

I cant think of something that cyrax does that quan doesn't do better (or did lol)

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
So when sektor cancels any string on block into up rockets, can't you just d2 him on reaction (like with tremor)? Or will he actually get up in time to convert off of them?

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
Sorry for derailing thread, but just one thing: cyrax is the new quan chi.No one quote this post or stir shit up, ok? :DOGE

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
In some ways yes, others no.

Set up wise he's not the best cyborg, obviously cyber sub and cyrax have nastier set ups, resets etc while smoke has vortexes , restands and to some a gimmicky 50/50 game with the smoke and all but sektor has some sweet ass combos for damn good damage in this game with one, two or three bars and builds meter fast, is easily the best sober of the 4, so what then others lack he makes up for with a solid keep away, zoning game honestly.

E

Eldriken

So when sektor cancels any string on block into up rockets, can't you just d2 him on reaction (like with tremor)? Or will he actually get up in time to convert off of them?
He'd probably be able to convert off of it. lol

Yinze

"Tell me, do you bleed?...You will."
Seriously? Sektor is amazing. The hit stun on his up rockets is arguably one of the best tools in the game. Constant pressure and they track. Easy combos with high damage, zoning, and mixups. The up rockets is his dirt. YOU CANT TRADE ANY PROJECTILES WITH HIM FULLSCREEN. By now everyone should know if any variation is lacking it's smoke. Buff smoke bomb recovery!

Yinze

"Tell me, do you bleed?...You will."
He will get up, teleport for full combo. Maybe even tech roll and run full screen and still have time. Any projectile you throw that trades with his up rockets will lead to huge damage. He's solid.