What's new

Question - Sektor Is Sektor Lacking in Comparison to His Counterparts?

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
^Topic. Now before anyone pounces on me in a rage of Sektor-fan-ism? Let me just say I've only spent 2 or 3 hours with him in the lab. That being said, he seems to be missing something that I can't put my finger on. I feel like his overall options are pretty limited in comparisson to Cyrax, Cy. Sub, and Smoke. Agree? Disagree?

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
Disagree, be has damage mix ups, and some pretty solid zoning and counter zoning, sure he doesn't have the bombs (which is probably what you think is missing) but he still is a very solid variation
Naw it's not the bombs, he feels lacking in comparison to Smoke & Cy Sub(Obviously) too.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
2-3 hours in the lab.... why even make a post. More lab.. then take him into ranked at least for a while before before nothing people. I've been focusing on BO.. but I have seen some decent stuff with Sektor for sure. I may be meeting bad examples but Csub and Smoke seam the strongest bots I have met so far.

As for Skektor... Up rockets is a huge problem leading it full combo punish on any hit, and you have a ages to do that. Uprocket on himself is a real plug in my butt.

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
2-3 hours in the lab.... why even make a post. More lab.. then take him into ranked at least for a while before before nothing people. I've been focusing on BO.. but I have seen some decent stuff with Sektor for sure. I may be meeting bad examples but Csub and Smoke seam the strongest bots I have met so far.

As for Skektor... Up rockets is a huge problem leading it full combo punish on any hit, and you have a ages to do that. Uprocket on himself is a real plug in my butt.
I was speaking of the time I've played with him (which I made really clear). Why do you think I even asked the question?

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Naw it's not the bombs, he feels lacking in comparison to Smoke & Cy Sub(Obviously) too.
But how is he missing anything? He has good zoning, a hit confirmable teleport that he can combo after, up rockets he can combo after from full screen or run up and get a few mix up off of on block if he uses meter, he has some pretty good damage, some good armor, I'm seriously not sure what he is lacking. I'm very confused

REO

Undead
No. He's S Tier and one of the best characters in the game currently. He's just as good as Cyber Sub-Zero, Alien, etc.

Just because there's no crazy tech threads on Sektor doesn't mean he's not as busted as the other DLC. Sektor is just one of the easier characters to play and bit more simplistic in how effective he is.

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
But how is he missing anything? He has good zoning, a hit confirmable teleport that he can combo after, up rockets he can combo after from full screen or run up and get a few mix up off of on block if he uses meter, he has some pretty good damage, some good armor, I'm seriously not sure what he is lacking. I'm very confused
In comparison to the 3 others, he feels underwhelming. That's all I'm saying.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
In comparison to the 3 others, he feels underwhelming. That's all I'm saying.
Really? I guess that is fair enough but it is basically just sektor, he was my favorite robot so I guess that helps but you know, he feels true to how sektor is, same with the other variants, I think the problem isn't so much be is underwhelming or lacking anything, I think it is just that you don't like sektor very much in comparison to the other bots

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
Seriously? Your reason behind him being better is up rockets? It's really good but I don't feel that's a legitimate answer.
But that's exactly why. With up rockets he turns into the ultimate bully, you're forced to play how he wants you to play.

I forgot Cyrax and Smoke don't have armoured reversals so I guess that's another reason, but it's mainly his up rockets.

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
But that's exactly why. With up rockets he turns into the ultimate bully, you're forced to play how he wants you to play.

I forgot Cyrax and Smoke don't have armoured reversals so I guess that's another reason, but it's mainly his up rockets.
Smoke doesn't have an armored reversal but he has ex phase. That's a bit more of a valid point though.

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
No. He's S Tier and one of the best characters in the game currently. He's just as good as Cyber Sub-Zero, Alien, etc.

Just because there's no crazy tech threads on Sektor doesn't mean he's not as busted as the other DLC. Sektor is just one of the easier characters to play and bit more simplistic in how effective he is.
^this. Sektor just calls out to me when I play him lol. He is so simple to use, his combos aren't overly complicated and has great zoning. The rockets can be hit confirmed into ANYTHING from anywhere on screen if it trades with someone.

He's a little scary I must say, but I know that Smoke causes a lot of salt with how he's designed.

Maybe you feel he's missing a reset? Vortex? He's fine, but the huge hit adv on his rockets and other simple jabs should be addressed.

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
F212 restanding is
^this. Sektor just calls out to me when I play him lol. He is so simple to use, his combos aren't overly complicated and has great zoning. The rockets can be hit confirmed into ANYTHING from anywhere on screen if it trades with someone.

He's a little scary I must say, but I know that Smoke causes a lot of salt with how he's designed.

Maybe you feel he's missing a reset? Vortex? He's fine, but the huge hit adv on his rockets and other simple jabs should be addressed.
I just feel like he's missing dirt in general. I've been using him more since I made this post and I've found a couple of cool things to shift my opinion a TAD bit. I know REO says he's S tier and he may be, but I'm not convinced yet.
Edit: I don't consider up rockets dirt.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........

So you think he is the "new" Tanya?