What's new

Question - Sektor Is Sektor Lacking in Comparison to His Counterparts?

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
Let it be. It's fine.
I agree my suggestions were just kinda a what if they changed them kind of thing. I think they are fine except maybe the tracking when ppl teleport behind you. It's just new and ppl need to adjust and try to make reads on missle placement

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
This move is kind of good:

You know it's a bit questionable when players pick up a brand new character and are going even / and or beating players that have been maining certain characters for months without even optimizing their newly piked up DLC with months of EXP under their belt.
ye ive had it while jumping over sektor one rocket land in front one behind, like wtf :confused:

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Not to mention how he is close to untouchable after he uses up rocket. Even if you react fast and punish him on recovery using a move that changes position, chances are a rocket will still hit you and you are dead lol. It's insane

There is one thing I noticed that they did nerf Sektor's up rockets on as opposed to MK 9, tested it against people who hit you from above like Smoke's teleport stomp and Goro's stomp. In MK 9 you could totally stuff out Sheeva's teleport stomp with up rockets it would hit on contact instead of just track, MK X however it doesn't do that it just goes right through them. The upside MK X's rockets not only track like MK 9 but stun you, which I love.:D

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
It would be interesting if sektors up rockets would rain down from the sky in a similar fashion to shinnoks hell sparks lol man that would make it tough to get in along with his straight rocket

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
First thing I noticed when I was messing around with him... Tanya kobu was boring, and so is that alien variation to me.
Well, i guess the first things you immediately noticed when messing around with him, is definitely good enough to start sharing as your opinion with no context attached, to a competitive discussion forum

To anyone who's actually explored the character, it's pretty clear the only thing they have in common is their Rekka's, and even they don't have much in common

Agilaz

It has begun
Well they already nerfed him, so at this point I would agree.

Not sure if anybody has a reason to be scared of up rockets anymore, and 1112 getting nerfed takes away an up missile setup.

meanwhile cyrax is still doing 50% without meter and smoke is vortexing people for free and CSZ is being himself.

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
Well they already nerfed him, so at this point I would agree.

Not sure if anybody has a reason to be scared of up rockets anymore, and 1112 getting nerfed takes away an up missile setup.

meanwhile cyrax is still doing 50% without meter and smoke is vortexing people for free and CSZ is being himself.
What was the nerf to 1112? If your saying ending combos with 1112 try using 114 instead to end combos in missle set up

I have to disagree i dont think hes lacking at all. really good zoning even with the nerf to up rockets, has decent rush down with 1112 and 114, brain dead air to air's that lead to high damage for a bar (ive gotten up to 36%), high metered and meterless damage, a number of different strings that you can use to convert to full combo f212bb, f43, f13, 114, b3u4 and b12+4, safe 50/50's for the most part if you burn a bar, you can make teleport safe by spending a bar of meter and canceling into air dash, f3 and b2 are amazing for catching people after they get frustrated enough with his zoning and start running in, really good air space control with mb flamethrower and air dash, ridiculously good footsies do to alot of his strings advancing him forward quite a ways, a great punisher with f1 being 8 frames and advances forward, and a standing 1 thats 7 frames. now im not sure if hes the best variation currently (seeing as though cyrax shinnanigans are a thing again) but hes certainly the most well rounded. outside of terrible hit advantage off of his d1, this character is damn near perfect. I think hes godlike personally.

Last edited: