What's new

Question - Sektor Is Sektor Lacking in Comparison to His Counterparts?

Lo0py

Noob
I think all variations is very good, especially cyber sub. And Sektor and Smoke might be pretty even i'd say.

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
F212 restanding is

I just feel like he's missing dirt in general. I've been using him more since I made this post and I've found a couple of cool things to shift my opinion a TAD bit. I know REO says he's S tier and he may be, but I'm not convinced yet.
Edit: I don't consider up rockets dirt.
A character doesn't need "dirt" even though some folks tend to look for that in a character to think it's necessary in order for them to win.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
wtf constitutes "dirt" if not a meterless projectile you can track anywhere (including on top of yourself) that cant be crouched or jumped over and leads to fully combo on hit and can be set up safely off poke strings

the word "dirt" is always used so vaguely, but man if anyones got it I think Sektor got it

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I really don't like the fact that NRS has used tri-borg to bring a new mechanic in the game, its makes kinda hard to deal with until figured completely.

I mean, Smoke can delay the execution of his own strings as if he is a tekken character to apply a different type of stagger we haven't witnessed in the game before, this includes the slide (f34), f213/4 and b213/4.

Every tri-borg character has some dirt to work with.

E

Eldriken

wtf constitutes "dirt" if not a meterless projectile you can track anywhere (including on top of yourself) that cant be crouched or jumped over and leads to fully combo on hit and can be set up safely off poke strings

the word "dirt" is always used so vaguely, but man if anyones got it I think Sektor got it
What do you mean Up Rockets can't be crouched? They're mids. :confused:

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
Not sure how he is limited, when his neutral is the same or better than other triborgs and can zone and full screen punish, has a string that's +2 on block and puts him back full screen or can easily hit confirm for no meter. Not to mention he still has 50/50 setups oh and that up rocket -_-

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
i just bought the DLC last night. All i can say is Sektor is my favorite bot again. I always love Sektor for his Rockets and flames. In this game its MK9 Sektor on steriods. He can make safe any of his pokes or blocked teleports. EX flames is basicly SaberWolve eclipse move, think about that if you know the salt that move made. Easy 25% combos. Easy combos are great for me cause I tend to drop alot, not the best at it 100% of time.

Up Rockets are too good. Shoot them immediately on hard knockdown and you are forcing your oppenent to do something unsafe. Confrim hit off the straight rockets is "bea", what the cool kids call it; but its defiantly not poop.

Sektor is S tier and beyound. I hope he dont ger nerfed. Nothing cheap about the Triborgs. They are balance perfectly and of they were cheap like the crying on NRS forums. My Kano wouldn't be able to beat them.

Wolverine32

PSN: ADM_Wolverine
^Topic. Now before anyone pounces on me in a rage of Sektor-fan-ism? Let me just say I've only spent 2 or 3 hours with him in the lab. That being said, he seems to be missing something that I can't put my finger on. I feel like his overall options are pretty limited in comparisson to Cyrax, Cy. Sub, and Smoke. Agree? Disagree?
I don't think it's that he's lacking, but that the style of play MKX lends it's self too is better fulfilled by the other borgs. I.E. Crazy setups (Cyrax), insane mobility (CSZ), and the vortex game (Smoke). From the games I've played with Sektor and Smoke, wins came much easier with Smoke because once I was able to implement his vortex it was a lot easier to maintain momentum. While playing with Sektor I had a hard time maintaining my zoning between the chest and up rocket. I definitely think he has the potential to be great, it's just how MKX is designed and played that allows the other borgs to accel while he struggles.

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
Sektor has everything you need to be competitive with him. Good zoner with excellent space control between up rockets and controlling where they go, rockets flamethrower for people trying to run in, and b2 which is probably his best footsie normal it has great range. He has damage and leaves you restanding for the most part after combos. Sektor is good

Plus ex flamethrower is armored so he has all you could want

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 9158

Oh god no. I got my shit slapped by a very good sektor last night, and I'd have to say he's got excellent tools. Mix ups, space control, zoning, even his damage is decent.

E

Eldriken

Can you crouch Mids now or something?
I think I worded it poorly. lol

To be honest, I don't even know what I was going for when I responded. Early morning problems, breh. :p

But I think the only dirt Up Rockets has is its absurd hit advantage. Just be glad they're not an OH. Then they would be dumb.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
I think I worded it poorly. lol

To be honest, I don't even know what I was going for when I responded. Early morning problems, breh. :p

But I think the only dirt Up Rockets has is its absurd hit advantage. Just be glad they're not an OH. Then they would be dumb.
well, I think all the dirt Up Rockets has is all the stuff I mentioned

But I will say that I'm glad its not an overhead for even more hard to blockable nonsense.

I'm not saying I think Sektor is unfair, just that he most definitely has some dirty play, tools, and set-ups. Wish that the other 2 offending variations (not Smoke) were more like him in their tools to be honest