What's new

Match Footage Is My Bane Efficient?

Rate it on a 1 to 10 scale

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I'm in a similar boat record wise and I've just had more success being very aggressive with my venom than playing it conservative. You just get bit every now and then.

(Edit) - However the way your vernacular was being tossed around was as if Bane "bodies" everyone for free and no one sees it.
I try to generate what little hype I can for the character, but I'll admit when he has his bad match-ups. They simply aren't as bad as everyone believes, much like Bane isn't as bad.

these are those matches
Great play, despite the match ups. You're quite liberal with your venom level 3 usage...also you could consider not enhancing charge/c-throw when you land it, because it leaves your opponent out of a nice pressure range.

But take it as you well. Don't listen to people just throwing around theory or postulating that their style is best -- you seem to be a fairly competent player in your own right, and people will always be nitpicky.

Well I can post my great moments. So I should also post my WORST moments too right? Only fair? Well this... the worst moment in Bane History... no not even kidding or exaggerating.... what the f- you know the rest.

Never actually fought a Shazam with Bane before.

You had him though. It was just basically that one b23 you got caught on. I hate the wake up system personally.

I guess the answer is to input your move and then hold back just in case lol

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Well I can post my great moments. So I should also post my WORST moments too right? Only fair? Well this... the worst moment in Bane History... no not even kidding or exaggerating.... what the f- you know the rest.

Never actually fought a Shazam with Bane before.
That was a lack of defense on wake-up. Outside of that you did good, if your venom runs out you might as well MB the back breaker for time stall.

I saw that. I got exposed. Lol. 3 Status it would seem it would seem my Bane has moments of sheer BRILLIANCE and then.. I get the.... WTFISTHISIDUNEVEN train. Consistency comes with practice.

Alright, so in the midst of an Ranked Online Spree.... We get that thing that I do a lot on recordings.... yeah...again I do this...

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Nice comeback. I can't believe that dude took so many charges, but hey Bane did say "i'm going to break the bat" during clash, & meant it.

I thought it was a nice one too. And it would seem as I'm in the PJS Winning stream KOTH. Just noticed that. so time to actually watch the stream as my turn comes up. lol

So I got a few YouTube PM's stating how to fight a deathstroke or a superman. Then I got into a KOTH with both. KaraokeLove also a TYM member plays a mean DS!

Reactions: RYX
While I must say that the DS should've played far more keepaway (and the superman wasn't very good at all, didn't know the trap/big freeze combos) your comeback was amazing against that DS! Amazing play; you should bring it to some tournies.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
What was that DS thinking?

He could have damn near chipped you out after he got out of the corner.
I was thinking the same thing. Almost all the DS video's I see on TYM are nothing like the ones that are out there on-line that I run into.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Meh. I only feel that way about maybe 20%.
After the tech I found, people need to stop sleeping on Bane or its a free 0-death for us.

Must be some serious tech. However with things like "push block" really circumvent a lot of Bane's ideals. Not to mention he's the only character who has 2 zones of the screen where he can not even threaten. Also against top players, they won't fall for the same shtick and have some really dirty set ups especially to keep big characters out. Even with the guaranteed on block damage from a b1 or b11 into a command throw.

But my biggest complaint about Bane's play-style (Vs. this particular cast) is the fact that you don't make "Reads". You go on instinct + Momentum. Very rarely does the Bane Player have to think about set ups, its just

Knockdown -> Overhead / Throw / Low combo starter / D1 frame trap /b1 frame traps ect. . Grant it he has options in an opponents face but it normally isn't a read its Bane dictating the fight. But from full / mid screen characters like Green Lantern, Super Man, Green Arrow, Sinestro, Bat Man, Aqua Man, Night Wing, Harley Quinn, Joker, Black Adam, and Cyborg can chip and chip and get set ups from full screen and have an easy time using their mobility to their advantage. This goes for two other characters although to a much lesser extent, Lex' Luthor / Deathstroke. Not to mention luthor has a good anti-pursuit game with the Corporate Charge. Now I know that they are punishable but its an up in the air guess as to when they'd do it. Another Downside to Bane is that once prey gets away, its a nightmare trying to recapture them and if you're having a close game and you take a round. Bane backs off of the opponent. Which isn't good Vs. Lanterns, Sinestros, Aqua Mans, Adams, Cyborgs, and Night Wings.

Not to mention a lot of our options can put the opponent out of range for a good follow up. And pretty much you have to play an ABSOLUTELY perfect match to win. One mistake even EARLY in the match usually screws it up for a Bane player and normally is only overcome by a Barrage of bad plays by the opponent. Grant it "no one" plays a perfect match but usually the Bane Player wins, because he didn't let the opponent do anything.

Even if its just chipping away at health at the current high level its possible that the Bane player won't even be able to get in. Combine this with the lacking ability to combo off of specials.

Now grant it, he is DEFINITELY not a character that is just "free win move along" but I think we'd be kidding ourselves to think that against high level players he's going to be taking many 3 out of 5's or 1st to 5's.

Thoughts?

Pig Of The Hut

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
The tech I've shared with RYX circumvents the biggest portion of the problem, being us needing so many reads.
Its one guess. If the opponent can't figure it out its a 1 bar 103%, an exactly 100%, or a midscreen 92%.

I repeat, its one guess. One. If they make one mistake, its a whole bar of life gone. Wake-up? Yeah good luck with that, since theres not much of anything they can do unless they know how it works beforehand. Its a secret plump juicy piece of dirt. And by that I don't mean "oh we have an answer to every wake-up"... Rather its something I don't wanna say just yet, but it basically erases the wake-up portion completely. More or less, its a reset of sorts.

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
Sharing is caring Doom/Ryx. Private message me and I put it on my honor I won't utter, write, or type a word of it to anyone.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Meh. I only feel that way about maybe 20%.
After the tech I found, people need to stop sleeping on Bane or its a free 0-death for us.
The way you talk about Bane you better win EVO for free but i have a feeling you will never ever attend a major

If you go to evo i want you first match in my pool

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
The way you talk about Bane you better win EVO for free but i have a feeling you will never ever attend a major

If you go to evo i want you first match in my pool
I work too much to go to EVO ever. I have a younger brother to take care of, after all.
Even still, if you are going I'll be rooting for you I suppose. I don't really plan to go to much of any majors since I'm in the boonies as well...

But eh, what can you do, ya know? I'd love to move to SoCal or something so there would be a scene but no such luck for me. I guess the simple life really is the best.

And I mean hey, if you can make it far enough then I guess that's a plus for you. I don't think you'd want me as your first opponent, though. It wouldn't be very much fun for either of us if one happened to knock out the other. I'd prefer you to be somewhere in the later matches, maybe... 4th or 5th? That way you can enjoy yourself and whatnot, maybe knock off a few people and we can all go home happy.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I work too much to go to EVO ever. I have a younger brother to take care of, after all.
Even still, if you are going I'll be rooting for you I suppose. I don't really plan to go to much of any majors since I'm in the boonies as well...

But eh, what can you do, ya know? I'd love to move to SoCal or something so there would be a scene but no such luck for me. I guess the simple life really is the best.

And I mean hey, if you can make it far enough then I guess that's a plus for you. I don't think you'd want me as your first opponent, though. It wouldn't be very much fun for either of us if one happened to knock out the other. I'd prefer you to be somewhere in the later matches, maybe... 4th or 5th? That way you can enjoy yourself and whatnot, maybe knock off a few people and we can all go home happy.
Didnt you say you're in Oaklahoma or something?