What's new

Match Footage Is My Bane Efficient?

Rate it on a 1 to 10 scale

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
He can absolutely Walking Corpse B1. You can stuff his Walking Corpse if you wait and see that's what he's doing and hit him at the end of the animation. That means you aren't pressuring him. You are letting him up basically if he does anything else.
Cancel b.1 into double punch as soon as you see him start to wander. Beats out everything, grab included. :cool:
Or do b.1 command grab, same result.
Or b.1 backdash, you don't even need armor for that one.
Or b.1 jump over j.d.3, you get a free cross-up combo.
Or b.1 venom uppercut, you beat everything there too.

Shall I go on?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I play all 3 is what he was getting at. My Frost and Adam are pretty solid, can get better but are solid/competitive. lol
Watched your matches, not much to say since you are a good Bane. Don't neglect his normal throw, its only 10 frames so barring standing jab its your fastest option. That string he kept throwing out, being b.13, is -9 on block. Your throw is 10 frames, your jab is 9 but he can duck it.

So don't be afraid to use throw on occation, its faster than d.1 and its not blockable. If they tech it, you basically get to reset positions and are at a good spot. Check my normal vs command to find out all you can do, its pretty extensive.

So Doombawkz said that I am a good Bane... that means

I'm a good Bane who went 1W-13L.

That confirms point me and Pig tried to make.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
So Doombawkz said that I am a good Bane... that means

I'm a good Bane who went 1W-13L.

That confirms point me and Pig tried to make.
I also remember saying that you were a good Bane for being consistant with the grabs, and criticized everything else. I didn't rate you a 2 for being a good Bane in the conventional sense, and the command grab is the only thing that didn't net you a 1.

sorry but bane is awful compared to them

bane is free
Block low and no anti-air, both with no wake-up.

Free is only as free as you make it.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I also remember saying that you were a good Bane for being consistant with the grabs, and criticized everything else.

Block low and no anti-air, both with no wake-up.

Free is only as free as you make it.
you are theory fighting, im telling you how it is in reality

can u post some of your videos?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
you are theory fighting, im telling you how it is in reality

can u post some of your videos?
Tell me KF's overhead options, and BA's anti-air options along with both side's wake-up options.
Theory fighting is one thing, pointing out obvious things is another. This isn't a "theory", KF has no real overhead option outside of f.3 on mix-up, and BA lacks a consistant Anti-air, both sides don't have much that can't be stuffed on wake-up.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
I really want to see a vid of someone actually using b1 on wakeup and all this tech that is said here in theory. I'm playing my friends who use batman aquaman joker nightwing.

B1 whiffs for me so many times on wakeup it's not even funny. My friend with batman is backdash happy. He waits and backdashes all day, and trait combos me after. There is no way I can get to him. If I jump, I die. If I dash, I die.

Double punch does not have range , and trample just gets parried.
When he knocks me down, that jumping 2 from hell ignores wakeup armored uppercut and double punch without a care in the world.
He just spams jumping 2s over me and there's little I can do. I tried every move and it still gets stuffed.

If I knock him down 50% of the time he backdashes through my b1 / b2. How strict is the timing so I can actually hit with that thing :|

I probably suck a lot with bane but against backdash-jumpback-projectile spam and wait to punish playstiles, I can not do a single thing. I am very dissapointed at this moment and I'm really trying to find some tech I could use to actually not get bodied each time.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I really want to see a vid of someone actually using b1 on wakeup and all this tech that is said here in theory. I'm playing my friends who use batman aquaman joker nightwing.

B1 whiffs for me so many times on wakeup it's not even funny. My friend with batman is backdash happy. He waits and backdashes all day, and trait combos me after. There is no way I can get to him. If I jump, I die. If I dash, I die.

Double punch does not have range , and trample just gets parried.
When he knocks me down, that jumping 2 from hell ignores wakeup armored uppercut and double punch without a care in the world.
He just spams jumping 2s over me and there's little I can do. I tried every move and it still gets stuffed.

If I knock him down 50% of the time he backdashes through my b1 / b2. How strict is the timing so I can actually hit with that thing :|

I probably suck a lot with bane but against backdash-jumpback-projectile spam and wait to punish playstiles, I can not do a single thing. I am very dissapointed at this moment and I'm really trying to find some tech I could use to actually not get bodied each time.
To be fair, bats is a really bad MU for us. Against people that backdash a lot, if they do it on wake-up then just dash forward with them. Otherwise, eh.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Ah dang...If bane could just have grundy's dash speed and knockdown at good ranges so we could use belly consistently :|

I'm also using doomsday and that daft bastard has triple reach on his 23. Compared to Bane's whiffing b1 , 1 and the second 2 in 22 at anything but in their face, it seems like a breath of fresh air.

If I had a nickel each time I tried B1 and it whiffed because they were just holding back to block and walking back, and then comboed into high heaven, I could buy a devteam to balance bane :|

Not that it matters, but what is your online track record with Bane? Well whatever your hero card says win loss wise. Just curious.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Not that it matters, but what is your online track record with Bane? Well whatever your hero card says win loss wise. Just curious.
Last I checked, it was like 168-150 something.
More wins than losses, and I learn from everything so I mean you'll win some and lose some.

I'm in a similar boat record wise and I've just had more success being very aggressive with my venom than playing it conservative. You just get bit every now and then.

(Edit) - However the way your vernacular was being tossed around was as if Bane "bodies" everyone for free and no one sees it.