What's new

Match Footage Is My Bane Efficient?

Rate it on a 1 to 10 scale

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey guys, I've been playing a LOT of Bane as of later and for whatever reason I hear a lot of people dogging him, saying he's absolute trash. Now I know he's got a few bad matchups and a few irritable ones as well, however I played against some really good people and I would like to ask fellow members of the Bane Camp, what I could work on to improve or different mind games I could play.

NOTE: When I fight other Bane's online they all seem to just be flailing about hoping for high damage results and I've yet to see another decent Bane in match form online. Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough, if that's the case can anyone direct me to a video or two?

You're pretty crazy with you're Venom and no one punished you for it once. It's only a matter of time before people realize that if Bane goes lvl 3, then get away and just get risky as fuck on debuff. He can't do any damage and could possibly lose the game if he's caught in a combo.

You play pretty much like I do. I might be a bit more aggressive with my specials when venom is up. I never use those normals like b1 or anything on knockdowns. I don't know how good or bad you are because I'm not very good.

I've played 2-3 solid Bane players online. They certainly aren't flailing about. I honestly can't remember if I've beat them much, but it almost always comes down to the wire.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
As a note to ALL PLAYERS, putting a 10 point scale is not effective. Stick with a 5 point scale, as it is much easier for people to make a definitive answer.

Your bane is a bit too aggressive in Venom to my liking. Mainly, you seem to be using venom aggressively to power the charge. But the charge should not be used that aggressively. If you lessen your charge use, you will naturally start using Venom a bit more efficiently. Level 1 Venom cooldown really isn't that bad. If you re-watch your videos and observe the cooldown scenarios, review the cooldown time on level 1, and ask yourself was it worth it to go level 2 for the charge and get the longer cooldown. I think more often than not, the answer was no.

That deathstroke match though... I don't get people like that. If you're going to quit, quit earlier and save everyone time.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I don't play Bane but here's some feedback.

1. You jump way too much; somebody is going to inevitably punish you for this. Bad habit that you should break.
2. You're using Bane's charge as your main tool to get in -- this also looks highly punishable and will likely become a bad habit. IE: Reptile's elbow dash from MK9. I developed a bad habit with this move and it was very difficult to break.
3. You're whiffing a lot. If somebody begins to punish your whiffs; you're going to be in trouble.
4. You've got one BNB that you're continually using. This makes you predictable. I'd recommend learning at least two more. I also noticed that you weren't using a corner combo.
5. You don't need to walk back into the corner to block projectiles. You can crouch block. Taking the additional chip and giving your opponent additional space to zone you is not advisable.

What are you using to record your matches because i wanted to start doing something similar to this to get feedback on my playstyle from time to time.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
aside from the overly liberal venom use. i thought it was decent. mixups and pressure are the name of the game with Bane. i see a lot of b23 into combos or just dropped entirely. f3 is his overhead and a little slow but fully comboable ground bounce. f2dd3 is a good overhead that can also be cancelled into a special move but these are better for getting the opponent to see you can do overheads too. My problem with bane has always been getting in and staying in but I think the venomed command grab seems to be the perfect way to do that. From full screen the charge is the way i normally do it but i think its punishable on block but its nice when the enemy tries to projectile through it as again you get a hit of armor. also if you do find your self in a level 3 cooldown. look for things like clashes, super moves, resets, or the longest (timewise not necesarily highest damage) combo you can do to eat up the time of that cooldown. bane takes a lot of damage for i think about 9 seconds, even though your output may not be as high thats still time spent that your opponent cant be hitting you. One last thing is for Banes super move even though its a grab its a good idea to hitconfirm an attack first and do it as part of a combo. Random supermoves dont really work in this game like random xrays because it shows both players whats about to happen and gives plenty of warning to block or evade.

but anyways those are my thoughts. good luck!

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
I play similar to how you do. Here is what I saw, some of them have been stated already.

-don't go to lvl3 venom unless you just have to in order to beat spam or you know you can blow them up bad or stay on them for the cooldown to not affect you. lvl1 is best 2 aint so bad but 3 is aweful if you fail at any point.
-you have to be able to capitolize on your b23 starter! you got some of them but you gotta nail em all. sometimes i pump venom on the juggle too for added damage & wake up double punch.
-change up if you're going to do b23 or b21. many of the opponents were ducking, b21's second hit is overhead. They'll have to constantly guess which way to go with their block. b21 will give you the opportunity for a double punch or cmd grab after. You can also use F2D (which is a bitch to hit for me) as an overhead cancellable into specials.
-also b2 has quite a long range, you don't need to be as close as you where several times which allowed the faster characters to poke you out of it, you otherwise may have gotten it more.
-try to corner opponents more, Bane loves the corner! My friends hate it when i corner them & it also stresses a lot of players into a frantic state leading to mistakes.
-great job on hitting the command grabs a lot. that's opposite of me, fail cmd grabs a lot, rock b23 starters.
-naked supers with Bane almost always fail. get a hit confirm on 113,123, or b23 into one of those combos then super, pump venom during run.
-his jumps are easy to uppercut in my experience as they're a bit floaty.
-I'm currently limiting my charging and just walking toward some one terminator style, it's working better in many cases. I recommend charging less unless they're just suckers for it.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Honestly I rated the 2 and I'll be hypercritical not-very-nice-guy for a minute and level with you.
Watching those matches made me disappointed, the reckless use of venom killed it for me the most. You need to use more of his tools, and most of all use them intelligently. Hitting the command grabs is the only reason I rated it above a one, and kudos to you for it. However, its not always the best option and you'd be better off hitting uppercuts to both make the most of your venom time and get better oki situations. Too much use of b.23 got read and crammed, use b.1 into normal throw more often as its one of our better mix-ups, and try to use it more often on top of that. I prefer to only use b.23 on jump in hit confirms, and b.1 on wake-ups since if you land the hit you can go into b.11 venom upper and set up more oki.

You play like a newer player with nothing held back. Admirable, but mistaken. Work on your fundamentals and mix it up a bit more, otherwise you'll be read like a book and punished consistently. Investigate his better options on block so if your opponent DOES make that good read you can respond, and make sure that you learn the opponents as well. Bane is going to have a hard time against a lot of people, so its more a task of knowing them before striking at them.

Like Bane in Knightfall, learn the enemy, attack them when they are most vulnerable, and leave them broken upon your knee.

Why would you EVER use B1 on a wake up? You can go b23 into double punch if they block low. If they don't, it's a almost 30%.

Okay well me and Pig of the Hut were playing online not too long ago. And I know most of Bane's Match Ups are up hill. However how does one not become a bit "wreckless" with Bane's armor/venom vs a good Sinestro or Super Man? His level 1 and 2 venom can be stuffed due to the "1 hit" only weakness. Only a couple times could I ever get in and I'd do severe damage, however if he guesses right just ONCE its off to the Shadow Realm for Bane.

All of your main wake up options / specials can be parried. i.e. Joker, Frost, Batman. Pig plays a good Joker and literally as Pig said the Matchup feels like one of those horrid 8-2's. Once again, could get in and do big damage however to string that along twice due to rounds ending or 3 times (after clash) is quite cumbersome.

Deathstroke: I've played a few Deathstrokes and sword spin is an easy punish with b23 and since his guns don't have knockback this is the one matchup that doesn't feel god awful although still can be a pain at times. But earlier in Sao87's digital dojo stream, I had to go against Detroit Ballin's Night Wing and let me tell you, that damn staff makes Bane dance...and dance...and dance, again another matchup where I do not see how being conservative with Venom is even a viable tactic.

The only reason I am so cavalier with the venom in the first place is due to the fact that working your way in slow, means they build meter. If you want to try to armor through stuff most good players will mb b3 or f3. I'm aware that the double punch starts overhead and the f2 or f2d work wonders at times (especially armored) but from what I've seen all it takes is 1 and I do mean 1 bad read with Bane Vs. 90% of the cast and its good luck catching them.

The Bane vs Grundy matchup feels like climbing mount Everest on a Wedensday Afternoon.

Maybe I'm wrong here and am just too incompetent a Bane Player, but can someone at least post videos against at the very least decent opponents? I understand Grapplers are never an "easy" option, but given the other casts strengths it feels against top notch competitors, Bane is just a wasted Character slot.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Why would you EVER use B1 on a wake up? You can go b23 into double punch if they block low. If they don't, it's a almost 30%.
Because if it gets blocked you have very little you can do aside from meager out 1% in chip. Also, they can simply block the first hit low and then block high the rest of the time and you can't do anything about that aside from enjoying being only +4 or so on block.

With B1 you have a free d.1 for extra fun, or you can tick in a practically free 10 frame grab or an almost free command throw, something you can't do with b.2 because it doesn't give as much + on block. What's more is if you land the b.1 you can just do b.112 command grab and it gives an alright amount of damage, about 25% or so give or take.

You have better options coming out of b.1 just with the + on block alone setting up for frame traps on block and follow-ups on hit.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Okay well me and Pig of the Hut were playing online not too long ago. And I know most of Bane's Match Ups are up hill. However how does one not become a bit "reckless" with Bane's armor/venom vs a good Sinestro or Super Man? His level 1 and 2 venom can be stuffed due to the "1 hit" only weakness. Only a couple times could I ever get in and I'd do severe damage, however if he guesses right just ONCE its off to the Shadow Realm for Bane.

I won't put you down as a Bane player, as I said I'm being hypercritical and a not-very-nice-guy. You did good, I've yet to see a Bane player be so consistant with that tricky d.b.f. motion. Against Sinestro and supes, Sinestro is one of those MUs where you just need to get in once and laugh the rest of the way to the bank. Supes is meh.

Most of his MUs are very well balanced, it just doesn't feel that way because of how he has to work. However, I can assure you a lack of a solid wake-up attack is not in their favor unless they have the most godlike zoning ever.

All of your main wake up options / specials can be parried. i.e. Joker, Frost, Batman. Pig plays a good Joker and literally as Pig said the Matchup feels like one of those horrid 8-2's. Once again, could get in and do big damage however to string that along twice due to rounds ending or 3 times (after clash) is quite cumbersome.

What's Joker going to do to a body splash cross-up? Hit us with his non-existant anti-air wake up option? He can't parry it, and frankly he has to guess high and low so he is in the same boat as everyone else. Only difference is he doesn't have a KF level d.2 to stop our jump-in attacks and grabs beat everything he has barring crowbar. Its far from 8-2, Pig just hasn't had a taste of the "secret stuff" yet. Between the dirty things me and RYX have found, I wouldn't be surprised if its in our favor.

Deathstroke: I've played a few Deathstrokes and sword spin is an easy punish with b23 and since his guns don't have knockback this is the one matchup that doesn't feel god awful although still can be a pain at times. But earlier in Sao87's digital dojo stream, I had to go against Detroit Ballin's Night Wing and let me tell you, that damn staff makes Bane dance...and dance...and dance, again another matchup where I do not see how being conservative with Venom is even a viable tactic.

Deathstroke has no wake-up options, nightwing I've never had trouble with but everyone says they do so it might be one of those things. Frankly, he has good pressure but you can shut down most of his options with reach, and the fact that his pole (which equals our reach) is slower than our options. That's one of the few MUs where being a defensive poke Bane is the only kind you can be.

The only reason I am so cavalier with the venom in the first place is due to the fact that working your way in slow, means they build meter. If you want to try to armor through stuff most good players will mb b3 or f3. I'm aware that the double punch starts overhead and the f2 or f2d work wonders at times (especially armored) but from what I've seen all it takes is 1 and I do mean 1 bad read with Bane Vs. 90% of the cast and its good luck catching them.

MB b3/f3 are nice in theory, but honestly they need to have a constant flow of meter while we don't, and on top of that we do have options for it. If we are going to armor through the beginning of a string, they need to have both inhumanly fast reactions and 2 bars of meter to cancel it out, and if you play your cards right and use things like double punch, you can even sometimes get out of it for free by getting out of those active frames early enough to block. They'll get less meter if you let them chip than you getting in, beating the meter into them, and cowering while they have more options on you due to cooldown. The aim of Bane isn't to do as much damage as possible in a short amount of time, its about managing your venom to keep the opponent in your playing field. The guy is listed as being a tactician for a reason.

The Bane vs Grundy matchup feels like climbing mount Everest on a Wedensday Afternoon.

I don't see how you guys have trouble with the MU considering our armor gives us so much more variety than his does, and he is readable after maybe half a bar.

Maybe I'm wrong here and am just too incompetent a Bane Player, but can someone at least post videos against at the very least decent opponents? I understand Grapplers are never an "easy" option, but given the other casts strengths it feels against top notch competitors, Bane is just a wasted Character slot.
It feels that way because he isn't an easy character to use, but trust me he shuts down just about everyone. Most people don't understand the power of having that one hit of armor on everything, but he is just not as easy. You can trust me, he has damage output far beyond anyone else. 87% from Superman on a level 3 debuff Bane? Dandy, we do that much for half as much bar in the corner on everyone without the need for situational stuff. Hit a jump in? 82% for free pretty much. Clash off the debuff if you need to, and do it all again.

Doom, post some vids of you playing some good players in these matchups. Questioning how we have trouble with Grundy? Quite frankly that makes me question whether you even play Bane.

Maybe your that good. If you are, you need to make some vids to help us.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Doom, post some vids of you playing some good players in these matchups. Questioning how we have trouble with Grundy? Quite frankly that makes me question whether you even play Bane.

Maybe your that good. If you are, you need to make some vids to help us.
I don't have a capture card, and yes I do play Bane. I really never have any problem with Grundy ever. You can see his armor coming from a mile away, and you can just trade armor and enjoy the fact that you recover faster than he does. He is the only character we can point blank charge and he can't do a dang thing about it but take it on the chin. Even with level 3 debuff we can outspeed his super, soooo yeah.

Okay so I'm going to upload videos of Me vs Pig. Its rendering right now and will be up in approximately a half hour to 45 minutes give or take the time it'd take Bane to eat a doughnut.

With that said, I want you Doombawkz to point out each mistake I make and criticize it. Although keep in mind keep the criticism in the flow of a match. Meaning don't use the 100% accurate rhyme of retrospect. I mean in terms of "what fundamental flaw" did I miss. Not

"if you had done this you would of caught his jump....that you would've had to know he was doing at that exact moment before he did it."

Give the strategic reasons as to what my problems were. I love playing the character, but boy do his matches feel lopsided.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Except if you charge him he armors through and grabs you lol

You can't pressure him on wakeup at all either.
Charge is grab-immune, and you need to work on your timing since the grab doesn't come out until the end. He can't armor grab you either since you just stagger away.

What's he got to answer to stuff like b.1? Block? b.1 into tick throw or double punch. He can't walking corpse it on wake-up, we beat out everything else barring maybe MB trait grab, and he better be buffering it out hella quick to not be stuck in blockstun. Also to my knowledge, we can armor through the one-hit and still land our stuff.

Meaning in reaction to any of his armor, you can late input a d.b.f.3 with venom and you'll win out. I just tested it, sure enough it works. Its all on timing.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Okay so I'm going to upload videos of Me vs Pig. Its rendering right now and will be up in approximately a half hour to 45 minutes give or take the time it'd take Bane to eat a doughnut.

How long is the vid? If its too long I might just skim a few later matches where I'll assume you both know the flow.

With that said, I want you Doombawkz to point out each mistake I make and criticize it. Although keep in mind keep the criticism in the flow of a match. Meaning don't use the 100% accurate rhyme of retrospect. I mean in terms of "what fundamental flaw" did I miss. Not

The fundamentals of using tech traps, you mean? Most of this is just basic Bane strategy you should be keeping in mind, as I said I'm not trying to put you down and I respect and acknowledge you are a good Bane, you just need to explore your options.

"if you had done this you would of caught his jump....that you would've had to know he was doing at that exact moment before he did it."

I never really said any of that, its a matter of knowing the MU. Joker doesn't have much any solid answer to our jump-ins, that's all.

Give the strategic reasons as to what my problems were. I love playing the character, but boy do his matches feel lopsided.

I'll do my best.

He can absolutely Walking Corpse B1. You can stuff his Walking Corpse if you wait and see that's what he's doing and hit him at the end of the animation. That means you aren't pressuring him. You are letting him up basically if he does anything else.