What's new

General/Other - Kano Is Kano better on paper than he is in-game?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
poor man's jax. everyone pees on lil' ol' kano
thats not even an answer. Lol
Sooo outranged in all variations, Kunai's beat knives, Ronin has supperior pressure and Shirai has teleport + good setups. But mostly it's range.
When I think of a bad MU, I think of my opponent not allowing me to play my game. Does Kano not have options to get out and start applying his offense?

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
@AK L0rdoftheFLY
I play Red Raptor's Shirai Ryu on the reg, with Cybernetic. Yeah, if Takeda has 3 bars and starts up his EX Kunai pressure, Kano's in the same nightmare as every character. Which, in turn, doesn't mean that JUST Kano struggles.
Kano struggles when SR has him full screen and can start up his long-ranged normals pressure, that's really the only time I'm feeling pinned down and have to just take it for a bit. Even then, with meter, Kano just spend a bar on EX Ball and get through. Sure, you used a bar for small damage, but your back in his face.
D4, B1, F4, regular Knife in the mid-screen footsie range can all compete with SR fine. This is Cybernetic B1 and Knife, though. Kano's normals are faster than Takeda's, as well. The strategy I mentioned here was all discussed with Raptor, as well, and suggested to me by him. Kano's options beat SR's OH and sometimes his Mid (range dependant) in the neutral game. Takeda has to be in your face for his Low, keep that in mind. It is quick.
I struggle with Raptor's Takeda because he's just on another level than me. Doesn't mean that I don't see Kano's options and can actually exploit them in-match regularly.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
@AK L0rdoftheFLY
I play Red Raptor's Shirai Ryu on the reg, with Cybernetic. Yeah, if Takeda has 3 bars and starts up his EX Kunai pressure, Kano's in the same nightmare as every character. Which, in turn, doesn't mean that JUST Kano struggles.
Kano struggles when SR has him full screen and can start up his long-ranged normals pressure, that's really the only time I'm feeling pinned down and have to just take it for a bit. Even then, with meter, Kano just spend a bar on EX Ball and get through. Sure, you used a bar for small damage, but your back in his face.
D4, B1, F4, regular Knife in the mid-screen footsie range can all compete with SR fine. This is Cybernetic B1 and Knife, though. Kano's normals are faster than Takeda's, as well. The strategy I mentioned here was all discussed with Raptor, as well, and suggested to me by him. Kano's options beat SR's OH and sometimes his Mid (range dependant) in the neutral game. Takeda has to be in your face for his Low, keep that in mind. It is quick.
I struggle with Raptor's Takeda because he's just on another level than me. Doesn't mean that I don't see Kano's options and can actually exploit them in-match regularly.
Nice post. So your saying Kano loses full screen but excels in the neutral and a little up close? What would you say the best range to fight him is?

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
Nice post. So your saying Kano loses full screen but excels in the neutral and a little up close? What would you say the best range to fight him is?
Yes- full screen against SR Tak is pretty tough. Especially if Kano doesn't have meter. Of course, you can sneak in a Knife here and there. SR has Tele, though. Against Ronin, you can get away with a few more Knives.
It seems, imo, the preferred range is outside of Tak's D3 range. Always be wary of Tak's Mid, but with D4, Knife, F4, etc. Kano can play more. Without his D3 being useful, you'll know that he can only do the Mid or OH. Kano can kind of go ham with D4, D4-Knife/Ex knives, B13 checks. If he starts throwing out random Kunai in that neutral, Kano has to adjust a bit. But the meta changes.
Again, my Kano-Takeda knowledge is almost exclusively Cybernetic-Shirai Ryu.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
thats not even an answer. Lol

When I think of a bad MU, I think of my opponent not allowing me to play my game. Does Kano not have options to get out and start applying his offense?
You can't play the keep away game with cyber and your pressure is not strong enough to really favor you up close. It's not an 8-2 but easily 7-3 IMO.

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
Commando can parry all of Takeda's normal starters, as well. Even the max range whip OH in Shirai Ryu and light saber OH in Ronin.
Commando is read-based, has to live and die by the reads. He has solid options, though. With or without meter. What's this 8-2 nonsense. Plz.