What's new

General/Other - Kano Is Kano better on paper than he is in-game?

Not trying to downplay here or anything, but I'm actually curious to see what you guys think. Cutthroat for example has all the tools a character needs to be high tier, but for me anyways, I have trouble putting it all together. I just feel like there is something missing. Your thoughts?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Better on paper than he is in game? Not trying to downplay here or anything, but I'm actually curious to see what you guys think. Cutthroat for example has all the tools a character needs to be high tier, but for me anyways, I have trouble putting it all together. I just feel like there is something missing. Your thoughts?
Nooooo! Why did you do it?!? :eek:

I'm not saying he's not fine or that he needs anything in particular. Maybe it's just me that isn't playing the character right. I'm just kinda surprised he hasn't seen more representation in majors.

skater11

The saltiest
Im somewhat new to cutthroat Kano, I enjoy playing with him. I just hate how EX buff depletes his health when in the move list it states otherwise?

oaoo94

Owner of HAZARDOUS Gaming
I'm not saying he's not fine or that he needs anything in particular. Maybe it's just me that isn't playing the character right. I'm just kinda surprised he hasn't seen more representation in majors.
well how are you using him?

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
Better on paper than he is in game? Not trying to downplay here or anything, but I'm actually curious to see what you guys think. Cutthroat for example has all the tools a character needs to be high tier, but for me anyways, I have trouble putting it all together. I just feel like there is something missing. Your thoughts?
No, Casey, not a thread like this! Lol. (this is Mitch, btw)
I haven't seen you use Kano at like, any, of my hook ups. Granted, you don't get to come out to them often.
But between all variations, even just Cut-Cyber, Kano has everything. It's on the player to utilize the tools right. You said it yourself, you main F/T and use them differently than Kano, pressure-wise, so that's probably the hurdle you have to overcome. Not Kano. Real talk, there's nothing missing- you just need a different approach and then I think you'll be set.
I'm not sure what you're running into with Cutthroat that's giving you trouble, but off the top of my head- you can't hit your 50/50 in the neutral? Okay, instead of just running up and doing it- run up, D4; run up, check with F21; walk in and do either of those things to get them blocking. If D3 hits- that's a free 50/50 opportunity. After those options, then you can just run up and do the 50/50. You have to condition them into the 50/50 sometimes, mid screen-neutral. You have to get them blocking, especially with Cutthroat's OH range. In the corner, of course, you can just start going ham with the 50/50, honestly. Just be aware of their meter for armor on wake up.
If you're using Cybernetic- well, it's not a rush down variation. Heh. Safe pressure/footsies/spacing/whiff punishing, with that nice little zoning option.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
The only time Kano can be legitimately scary, and "dishonest" is when he is Cutthroat in the corner. The overhead won't whiff that much. He can alternate between b12 db1, and b31 db1 to mind fuck the opponent until he's ready for the kill with a 40%+ combo.
He means that a character with a neutral/plus 50/50, good footsies and crazy wall carry has to work too hard.
Cutthroat Kano, I have the least problems with other than the DoT for Charge Up, and b1's utter shit range for midscreen.

I'm mainly talking about Commando and Cybernetic.

Last edited:

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
The only time Kano can be legitimately scary, and "dishonest" is when he is Cutthroat in the corner. The overhead won't whiff that much. He can alternate between b12 db1, and b31 db1 to mind fuck the opponent until he's ready for the kill with a 40%+ combo.

Cutthroat Kano, I have the least problems with other than the DoT for Charge Up, and the utter shit range b1 has midscreen for footsies.

I'm mainly talking about Commando and Cybernetic.
Are you trying to use b1 as a footsie tool? What?

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
I just hate the overhead range, i feel like the range is shorter than throw .
I used to never use it because it has no range, but is so hella fast lol

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
Are you trying to use b1 as a footsie tool? What?
Sorry, let me rephrase that.

Cutthroat's b1 range is trash, it'll even sometimes whiff midscreen when you're damn close to the opponent. Even Reptile's b2 has better range. With that said, Cutthroat is potentially a nightmare in the corner since the b1 won't whiff that much.