What's new

Is EX pillar a little too good?

BaronVonRupert

"Mere child's play."
ex pillar is a great move but it's not too good. the resulting combo doesn't even do crazy damage, it just allows a setup.
there are always options to get out of mmh setups. you just have to defend differently depending on the setup and people aren't quite there yet.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
For some reason you can't dash away from this move even if it clearly shows it whiffed and your characters was no where near the piller. Has anyone been hit out of fast advancing moves before like KF slide or Catwoman catdash? Because I have... every single time and the blast some how still manages to hit me even though I'm far from where I was a milisecond ago. :confused:

Do you guys feel this was intended or it could possibly be bugged and glitch? You also can't jump out of the piller at ALL. Nope. Not even if I'm at my highest air time with KF and I decide to air dash, it will still hit me out. Anyone find this a little ridculous and broken?

Pros on EX piller

- always hits you
- can't be avoided by dashing
- can't be avoided by jumping
- can't be avoided by maneuvering special moves
- does good chip
- is safe on block
- leads to full combos
- makes you scared to move
- free round kills if you are near death

Cons on EX piller

- Nothing

After reading the above pos and negs. How is this move remotely fair? Aquaman has a very similar move but it is a lot more balanced. At least Aquaman's you can jump over. At least Aquaman's if you block it you can attack him back before he can block. But MMH if you know he's going to do it and try to counter it there's is nothing you can do but take stop moving and take the chip. :confused:

Any others besides me feel this should be looked into next patch?

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
You walk back, the orb chips you a little, and he is out of range for his vortex.

Dont fear the orb
You do realize by walking back you aren't blocking low, or that he can put an orb behind you, or a mb orb which explodes on contract. He is one of the best characters at covering options and conditioning opponents. And he does have vortexes although they dont work in the same manner as KF's do

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
You do realize by walking back you aren't blocking low, or that he can put an orb behind you, or a mb orb which explodes on contract. He is one of the best characters at covering options and conditioning opponents. And he does have vortexes although they dont work in the same manner as KF's do
Well this was ONLINE but when I was playing against Juggs He would throw the orb behind me, and as I walked back he would attack and the orb would explode but I would be blocking both(Did the same with MB orbs). Maybe it was online shenanigans, idk.

Also almost every character in the game has some kind of "vortex". MMH is a solid character but he is in now way broken.

Icebaby

Ice Queen
Didn't you just post some thread about him being ban-worthy not too long ago? Or was that someone else? I get all these bitchmade threads confused.
I did but what on Earth does that have to do with this thread? MMH resembles the same issues that Scorpion once did, BUT he has more tools.

Icebaby

Ice Queen
Hmmmm I'm surprised you aren't complaining about Ravens pillars.
Raven's pillers don't track every where on the screen automatically. Raven's pillers can be avoided by dashing or fast movement. Raven also has to be in her trait mode to even have access to them.

Raven's pillers are what we call good design. :)

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
Raven's pillers don't track every where on the screen automatically. Raven's pillers can be avoided by dashing or fast movement. Raven also has to be in her trait mode to even have access to them.

Raven's pillers are what we call good design. :)
They may not track but if I see you move at all I can adjust the positioning even if I already made the input so they may as well be considered tracking.

Icebaby

Ice Queen
They may not track but if I see you move at all I can adjust the positioning even if I already made the input so they may as well be considered tracking.
At the very least Raven's pillers take skill and good reactions to land... MMH's don't and any cave man can mash out the input. :-/

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
At the very least Raven's pillers take skill and good reactions to land... MMH's don't and any cave man can mash out the input. :-/
And I can do a million of them for no meter and put you in a retarded guessing game while Martian man hunter can do 4 in a row.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Pros on EX piller

- always hits you
- can't be avoided by dashing
- can't be avoided by jumping
- can't be avoided by maneuvering special moves
- does good chip
- is safe on block
- leads to full combos
- makes you scared to move
- free round kills if you are near death

Cons on EX piller

- Nothing
Sounds like Aquaman's normal From the Deep...

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Yes he can.

He could actually kill off his vortex off 3 guesses opposed to KF's 4 guesses.
Does MMH have a vortex that is as safe as KF's (that is, wakeups aren't a factor and such)? And either way, what is it? Or are you just talking about using b1 or b2 while they are getting up (and able to wakeup) to initiate a combo?

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!
This costs a bar, scales damage similar to a d2, and only puts you at 0 on block, which means no crazy frame traps can happen unless you try to jump when he has another bar, in which case you deserve to eat the Pillar. This move is completely fine. There is no game-breaking mechanics behind it, its just a tool to keep your opponent in check. If you are eating alot of these, change up your approach by walking or dashing towards him. Or just play Doomsday and run at him like a retard because that character shits on MMH.