What's new

Is EX pillar a little too good?

Icebaby

Ice Queen
For some reason you can't dash away from this move even if it clearly shows it whiffed and your characters was no where near the piller. Has anyone been hit out of fast advancing moves before like KF slide or Catwoman catdash? Because I have... every single time and the blast some how still manages to hit me even though I'm far from where I was a milisecond ago. :confused:

Do you guys feel this was intended or it could possibly be bugged and glitch? You also can't jump out of the piller at ALL. Nope. Not even if I'm at my highest air time with KF and I decide to air dash, it will still hit me out. Anyone find this a little ridculous and broken?

Pros on EX piller

- always hits you
- can't be avoided by dashing
- can't be avoided by jumping
- can't be avoided by maneuvering special moves
- does good chip
- is safe on block
- leads to full combos
- makes you scared to move
- free round kills if you are near death

Cons on EX piller

- Nothing

After reading the above pos and negs. How is this move remotely fair? Aquaman has a very similar move but it is a lot more balanced. At least Aquaman's you can jump over. At least Aquaman's if you block it you can attack him back before he can block. But MMH if you know he's going to do it and try to counter it there's is nothing you can do but take stop moving and take the chip. :confused:

Any others besides me feel this should be looked into next patch?

Icebaby

Ice Queen
Really now?

Next time I'm just going to spam 6 of them in a row for the wins then!
Having to use a bar is not a true con because all EX moves have to do the same... But my question is why does this certain EX moves that cost 1 bar like ALL the others have to be so much more rewarding? :confused:

This is a balance flaw.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
It can be armored through and doesnt even grant him any block advantage. Most MB moves are really good, that is why they require meter.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Alright. For a serious answer, here are my points.

-It kosts meter
-He doesn't have straight projectiles so in general he has to make reads to zone.
- It's slower than his regular Pillars, which aren't that fast to begin with.
-Kombos from MB Pillar aren't that high since it's just an instant air teleport into one string.
-Komboing on hit requires some skill: Instant air teleports on reaction are harder if the opponent is grounded since it's harder to hitkonfirm. If they jumped, it's easy to see that they jumped though.
-Good non-Superman players don't usually jump from full screen. There are a few character exceptions though. But really, anything that makes Superman think twice is a good thing we should all embrace.

-It's obviously a really good move, but it's not as ridiculous as some other things in this game.
-He needs it!

Icebaby

Ice Queen
One of the characters you play has a fast advancing low combo starter that can go into totally safe 50/50 mix ups and you're saying there's a balancing flaw with a safe on block move that requires meter to be safe on block and launch? Okay.
KF slide doesn't hit any where on the map... KF slide also can be jumped and beat out by a lot of moves (it has very poor priority). And KF slide isn't a auto win tool when my opponent has 1 hit left before they die.

You can't compare the two because they are different but EX piller is way busted...

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
KF slide doesn't hit any where on the map... KF slide also can be jumped and beat out by a lot of moves (it has very poor priority). And KF slide isn't a auto win tool when my opponent has 1 hit left before they die.

You can't compare the two because they are different but EX piller is way busted...
Ive played some KFs and got straight vortexed to death :\
MMH cant really do that..
Alot of characters have their strengths and weaknesses. Off like 3 wrong guesses and KF seals a life bar :\

Icebaby

Ice Queen
Ive played some KFs and got straight vortexed to death :\
MMH cant really do that..
Alot of characters have their strengths and weaknesses. Off like 3 wrong guesses and KF seals a life bar :\
MMH has vortexes... You just put a orb on top of them after his bf2 and then he gets to come in for free and mix you up. He can do this over and over if he likes as well.

Some of the MMH I run into do this to me and it's disgusting. But now now my character has it to so it's fair game. :)

Icebaby

Ice Queen
And unlike KF (who needs her vortex), MMH does not need his because of the amount of tools and never ending scenarios he can create. :-/

Reauxbot

MMH has vortexes... You just put a orb on top of them after his bf2 and then he gets to come in for free and mix you up. He can do this over and over if he likes as well.

Some of the MMH I run into do this to me and it's disgusting. But now now my character has it to so it's fair game. :)
Well then. Since its fair it shouldnt be too much of a big deal.
Just wait till this upcoming patch to see where this goes.

Reauxbot

Yes he can.

He could actually kill off his vortex off 3 guesses opposed to KF's 4 guesses.
Well NRS will probably wreck that in the next patch. You know how they do :\
Like some randomness and make the orbs hit high or something.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart

No he doesnt, just walk back.

187x

Noob
second time posting in this thread because the first time someone over here likes to delete my post everytime.

ex pillar is a anti air as far as i know from my experience

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
MB pillar keeps you out the air...considering he doesn't have a traditional projectile in any sense, there's no point in jumping, for the most part, anyway. He doesn't force you to.

Can't exactly see the problem with the move if it's slower than the normal version and not even advantage, and requires good hitconfirming to even take advantage of.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
You know we have to spend a bar for it, right? It's like...a good move, but it's not too good. Just learn the MU and don't do shit that gets you punished by MB Pillar when MMH has meter.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Man, people are complaining about MB Pillar now?

Oh wow Alien Substance did you just delete the Fresh Prince of Bel Air video?

HOW DARE YOU!??!?!

LBSH, this whole thread is pointless. It's a move. It's good. It's not game breaking, it's just good. What's the point?

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
What are the start up frames and recovery frames for the regular and ex pillar?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4