What's new

Question Is Cyrax command grab techable on reaction?

coolwhip

Noob
I think it feels like reaction a lot when it isn't.
This. I first encountered that feeling when trying to hit confirm Kung Lao's 21 into spin. I went to training mode, played the AI, and actually thought that I was hit confirming it when in fact, I was sort of expecting it to land (maybe unconsciously), only to find out that I struggle to do in real matches against human opponents. Obviously, 21 into spin is hit-conformable and I ended up getting better at it, but, I still struggle to tech Cyrax's command grab on reaction.

I also realize this is a shitty analogy.

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
I consider myself a pretty good throw-techer, and I have to say I feel the command grab is escapable on reaction. Not easy at all, and most of the time, totally not worth the risk of eating a 11 or 12 into net if you're wrong. We have to find a scientific way to test this, imho...

4x4lo8o

Noob
Can someone who's saying it's techable on reaction make a video of themselves playing against a Cyrax player in training mode with the Cyrax player mixing up randomly and unpredictably between command grabs and strings and show themselves blocking the strings and teching the grabs with a fairly high degree of consistency?

I feel like's it's basically impossible to tech on reaction, every time I've ever done it has been a read and every time I've tried on reaction it's failed. It's entirely possible I just suck, but I'd like to see it.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Can someone who's saying it's techable on reaction make a video of themselves playing against a Cyrax player in training mode with the Cyrax player mixing up randomly and unpredictably between command grabs and strings and show themselves blocking the strings and teching the grabs with a fairly high degree of consistency?

I feel like's it's basically impossible to tech on reaction, every time I've ever done it has been a read and every time I've tried on reaction it's failed. It's entirely possible I just suck, but I'd like to see it.
likelikelikelike

I really wish that some of the casuals me and rev0lver had were recorded. It would proved my point entirely that command grab is techable on reaction. Some days it would get to the point where I would stop even going for it. Also I remember most of the top vsm guys were able to tech this on reaction but revolver was the best at when I would play him. Granted in tournament, you will not always see this teched but the same can be said for kung lao players not spinning every time they sees a cross up.

Claude VonStroke - Atleast I got out of the phase that cyrax and cage was in cage favor lol.

--For anyone thinking that I am downplaying
Even while this was happening , I was one of the very very few cyrax players telling people that kitana and cyrax is 5-5 and not in kitana's favor so fuck off.