What's new

Question Is Cyrax command grab techable on reaction?

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Exactly. I spent 6 months playing with this guy almost every week and he can tell you that it eventually became nearly impossible to command grab me lol. Reading it is too risky, I always wait to see it.

But, it's like impossible for me to do it under pressure. In tournament when my hands are shaking and theres a million things running through my head, hells no I aint teching that shit.

EMPEROR_THEO

I only use characters with wakeup scoops.
When I was playing my 20th string Cyrax online vs Dark and I went for a command grab after a 2 1 string, 1 1 string, etc., he would always jab me the second my command grab came out every single time. I heard on another forum that if you mash your jab button the right way whilst blocking, it's like an option select when Cyrax finishes his strings to go for a command grab. I think Eddy Wang was the creator of that thread if my memory serves me correctly.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
you mean to eat a standing one? lmao
I bet if you guys who say you "see" the move probably guess about 70% of the time.
I'd love to hear you say what you see outloud for confirmation. This is eerily the same thing as Scorpions vortex.
cyrax is du du dumb.
It's hard to react to but I definitely don't think it is impossible. If you watched me and Noobe's match at Winter Brawl, he raped me one round with command grabs, than I just started focusing and looking out for them and I teched every single command grab for the rest of the set

Rokinlobster

Nightwolf of the galaxy
From a net, sure. If you are being pressured with 1, 11 then no. I expect the command grab vortex will eventually lose a lot of its effectiveness.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
It's part read, part reaction. I remember when I played alot, throw teching on reaction in general felt easy to me.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
The problem most players have with the command grab tech is actually the time it takes for them to let go of block before the tech itself. This is honestly the only reason it seems harder to tech.

Most of the time, you don't just throw out a naked command grab out before a jab or jump in punch. So a significant percentage of the time you will be blocking before the tech. You may have mashed 1 at the right time, but the question is, did you let go of block at the proper time?

Final Words From A Retired Cyrax Player: Stop crying, Chef. And come over on Wednesday.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
The problem most players have with the command grab tech is actually the time it takes for them to let go of block before the tech itself. This is honestly the only reason it seems harder to tech.

Most of the time, you don't just throw out a naked command grab out before a jab or jump in punch. So a significant percentage of the time you will be blocking before the tech. You may have mashed 1 at the right time, but the question is, did you let go of block at the proper time?

Final Words From A Retired Cyrax Player: Stop crying, Chef. And come over on Wednesday.
it isn't just me!

I actually really thought I was good at it until saturday. Folux and Solid were practicing it and couldn't get it so I was like "haha alright let me try" and I thought I was gonna show off and shit, but I got it like 1/30 times

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
it isn't just me!

I actually really thought I was good at it until saturday. Folux and Solid were practicing it and couldn't get it so I was like "haha alright let me try" and I thought I was gonna show off and shit, but I got it like 1/30 times
You've been crying about his command grab for a very long time. And I posted the reason why people cant break out of it.

Here is a quick list of people who break out of it just fine: Guamo, Satsui, Cat, Scar, REO, Shoryuken, XBlades(Only recently after I showed him how to break out. The same way I showed Shory.)

LionHeart

Whisper within a sigh
You have to KNOW they'll do it (aka read), but on read I tech it everytime. If the Cyrax player becomes unpredictable though, 100% dmg.

Qwark28

Seapeople

This one's for you
MrTopper is crazy good at teching it on reaction, we've tested it a little in practice too.
Since the command grab is 14 frames & there's a 10 frame window to tech it, I'm pretty sure that means you have more like 24 frames to react.

Since he's gotten so good at teching it, I've had to start focusing a lot more on blockstrings. The way I see it if the other person is getting overwhelmed by blockstrings, they won't be able to make good reads on when to poke out and tech on reaction at the same time.
1 looking like the command grab also helps a lot and he hasn't been able tech my normal throws nearly as often.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
You have to KNOW they'll do it (aka read), but on read I tech it everytime. If the Cyrax player becomes unpredictable though, 100% dmg.

Qwark28
ti thes re

no, this in psychology is called divided consciousness, while you're trying to play the match and also tech the command grab on reaction, your brain half asses one of the 2

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
MrTopper is crazy good at teching it on reaction, we've tested it a little in practice too.
Since the command grab is 14 frames & there's a 10 frame window to tech it, I'm pretty sure that means you have more like 24 frames to react.

Since he's gotten so good at teching it, I've had to start focusing a lot more on blockstrings. The way I see it if the other person is getting overwhelmed by blockstrings, they won't be able to make good reads on when to poke out and tech on reaction at the same time.
1 looking like the command grab also helps a lot and he hasn't been able tech my normal throws nearly as often.
I don't believe the 10 frames to tech it are the 10 frames after it hits.

10 frames from the moment it grabs you would make it really easy. (The same as normal throws I think?)