What's new

Question Is Cyrax command grab techable on reaction?

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Yeah honestly it easily is. I rarely get hit by it ever unless its online I can tech it 9/10 times EGP Wonder_Chef
BS!
the problem
is that you have to be 1 frame faster than you think.... because you have to let go of block THEN tech the throw. If at any point you're still holding block and you hit the tech button... you lose.

Throws are so dumb when you can't tech them while blocking.
well I think the nice thing about normal grabs is that you can neutral duck them and get a really big punish off, so it's a whole risk/reward thing. The thing about Cyrax command grab is it sets up another situation where that is literally impossible, plus in normal situations, neutral ducking the command grab is never a risk that's in your favor, since a standing 2 instead will make you eat 100% damage.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
You can, but you just have to be focused and ready for it. Alot of his normals look the same so it makes it pretty tough, but like off a JIP you can kind of wait to see if Cyrax pulls his arm back. That's your sign to mash the hell out of standing 1 lol

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
You can, but you just have to be focused and ready for it. Alot of his normals look the same so it makes it pretty tough, but like off a JIP you can kind of wait to see if Cyrax pulls his arm back. That's your sign to mash the hell out of standing 1 lol
you mean to eat a standing one? lmao
I bet if you guys who say you "see" the move probably guess about 70% of the time.
I'd love to hear you say what you see outloud for confirmation. This is eerily the same thing as Scorpions vortex.
cyrax is du du dumb.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
You can definitely tech it on reaction, you just need to get used to seeing the animation. You can differentiate it from a jab towards the end of the grab animation where you can still tech it.

My only problem is when they switch between Human and Robo Cyrax. Something about the human one throws me off after playing the robot for a while.

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
To do it reaction would mean to get a Cyrax to do either 11 or command grab at random intervals while you are next to him and you being able to distinguish between the two correctly( block the 11's and tech the grabs). I feel most that say they can do it on reaction are doing it on reaction to cyrax's cue's in his pressure rather than the command grab itself.

NariTuba

disMember
Not possible. A top player here and I tested this not long ago... he has GODLIKE reactions and hes a better player than I am.

In trainning mode he just stood there taking punches trying to tech it. At first it seemed like he was doing it but eventually I started mixing things up enough to the point where I was grabbing him everytime. We concluded its not possible.

Sometimes you KNOW theyll try it and you tech it, but its actually a subconscious read that feels like a reaction.

Bottom line, if they start blocking a lot scouting for the CG you start abusing them with blockstings... they'll crak before you do.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Not possible. A top player here and I tested this not long ago... he has GODLIKE reactions and hes a better player than I am.

In trainning mode he just stood there taking punches trying to tech it. At first it seemed like he was doing it but eventually I started mixing things up enough to the point where I was grabbing him everytime. We concluded its not possible.

Sometimes you KNOW theyll try it and you tech it, but its actually a subconscious read that feels like a reaction.

Bottom line, if they start blocking a lot scouting for the CG you start abusing them with blockstings... they'll crak before you do.
w1nter warz

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
To do it reaction would mean to get a Cyrax to do either 11 or command grab at random intervals while you are next to him and you being able to distinguish between the two correctly( block the 11's and tech the grabs). I feel most that say they can do it on reaction are doing it on reaction to cyrax's cue's in his pressure rather than the command grab itself.

I agree with both of these.

I think it feels like reaction a lot when it isn't.

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
BS!

well I think the nice thing about normal grabs is that you can neutral duck them and get a really big punish off, so it's a whole risk/reward thing. The thing about Cyrax command grab is it sets up another situation where that is literally impossible, plus in normal situations, neutral ducking the command grab is never a risk that's in your favor, since a standing 2 instead will make you eat 100% damage.
Lol ask Krayzie and even Seven could tell you I can

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
I think what it is that youre actually reacting to the players behaviour, not the animation itself

what claude, he claims he can tech it on reaction? or that its techable on reaction in general?
Him and I have had many arguments about it that's all lol. He's like.. "Just tech it, it's no big deal"