What's new

Question Is Cyrax command grab techable on reaction?

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Honestly I choose no.

What do you guys think? I've had a lot of discussion about this, and I came to the conclusion that you have to tech it on a read, which unfortunately leaves you vulnerable to a 21 instead (which takes 100% of your life.)

I was even practicing it at the tournament on saturday with killa_solid and folux (whatever his tag is on here) and none of us could do it.

Is anyone godlike enough to do it on reaction every time? Video proof would be great.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Honestly I choose no.

What do you guys think? I've had a lot of discussion about this, and I came to the conclusion that you have to tech it on a read, which unfortunately leaves you vulnerable to a 21 instead (which takes 100% of your life.)

I was even practicing it at the tournament on saturday with killa_solid and folux (whatever his tag is on here) and none of us could do it.

Is anyone godlike enough to do it on reaction every time? Video proof would be great.

ohohohohohoho

coolwhip

Noob
I don't think I've ever managed to break it on reaction. There are times where I expect it so I'm kind of paying extra attention, so I tech it on half read/half reaction. But yeah, for the most part, it's on a read, and given how terrified I am of eating a full combo instead, it's hard to read it often. That move is so dumb. Still can't believe Cyrax's status in the top 5 was ever debated.

No. At first I thought yes, but really you're just delaying the timing of the tech. Best case scenario when you guess wrong is the second hit of 12/21 lands. If the cyrax player is krayzie, he may try and net on a read.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
No. At first I thought yes, but really you're just delaying the timing of the tech. Best case scenario when you guess wrong is the second hit of 12/21 lands. If the cyrax player is krayzie, he may try and net on a read.
This is my exact thought.

Folux182

Noob
Youre missing the 182! From the best band ever! But I honestly dont see how you can do this on reaction its just nasty and Cyrax is dumb.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I did it online last night against Dab. I've done it a few times offline as well. It's really hard to do tho.

I probably have it easier than most because I main a character in which spamming d1 is needed lol

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Honestly I choose no.

the problem
is that you have to be 1 frame faster than you think.... because you have to let go of block THEN tech the throw. If at any point you're still holding block and you hit the tech button... you lose.

Throws are so dumb when you can't tech them while blocking.