What's new

Interactables need to be disabled for tournament play

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
To be fair there are guaranteed set ups that cannot be avoided under any circumstances other than "don't get hit".
Well I guess so, I did read in his Original post and did agree of some of what he said about the Interactables. But still its part of the game and you just have to deal with it. Its not like NRS is gonna say "Oh ok we'll just updated the game with another patch so the Interactables wont be used" In a sense I see that it is "Unfair" but using those Interactable makes the game more enjoyable.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
it is a major nerf to hg turning them off .
Your character can still fly and play footsies on the ground like what Espio said, the interactables are just extra icing damage to her design.

I am assuming that interactables disabled would make Zod a mediocre character without it, he would be the one suffering the major nerf.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
and it could also nerf some characters who could use interactables to their advantage (NOT JUST THROWABLE ONES) and change the ENTIRE meta of a game that has been developing its meta for the past year. This game recieved such a BAD rep at evo last year and now we're getting a shit ton of exposure and people are finally beginning to see the hype and diversity in this game. it got accepted by MLG for christ sake and people pretty much want to stop and restart the meta from scratch?
I'm just saying like when MLG picked up Mortal Kombat we kept seeing the same characters Kabal dominating the stream and all its obvious flaws. Believe me that video game was fun to watch but it had run its course. I do see your point though.

kaseyk

Noob
Your character can still fly and play footsies on the ground like what Espio said, the interactables are just extra icing damage to her design.

I am assuming that interactables disabled would make Zod a mediocre character without it, he would be the one suffering the major nerf.
check out my interactable tech vids in hg forums you'll see why it would be a major nerf and i use every single one of them if the situation presents it self . plus hg's ability to avoid and punish naked interactables (we want you to throw them :p) it just takes alot away from her .
i play friends with int/trans off on request sometimes it doesn't omg ruin the game but it just feels like dumbing down the game .

4x4lo8o

Noob
Nah they dont. The roomba always comes from the left side and respawns every 14 seconds. The drones respawn every 6 seconds and usually spawn on the right, center, then left side of the map, they just move back and forth once they spawn like the roomba.
Ah, I presumed it was the same as in practice mode, which definitely doesn't act like that. Do the drones spawn in a particular order(the different colored ones that do different things when gadget characters use them)? And what do you mean they usually spawn in that order? If it's usually, rather than always, that's a random element to it?
Also, I'm pretty sure they don't just move back forth, at least not the way the roomba does. The Roomba has a set range, it always goes to the edge of that range and then turns around. The drones don't seem to do that, at the very least their range is less obvious.
Fuck it. I'm going to have to go test for my self. Sucks that I can't use practice mode

I say that stage rules should be changed to no transition and when random selecting each player gets to choose where they want to begin on each stage they randomly get, this way people get to keep their background bounce, but stages for the most part have limited access to interactables, better leveling the playing field

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Ah, I presumed it was the same as in practice mode, which definitely doesn't act like that. Do the drones spawn in a particular order(the different colored ones that do different things when gadget characters use them)? And what do you mean they usually spawn in that order? If it's usually, rather than always, that's a random element to it?
Also, I'm pretty sure they don't just move back forth, at least not the way the roomba does. The Roomba has a set range, it always goes to the edge of that range and then turns around. The drones don't seem to do that, at the very least their range is less obvious.
Fuck it. I'm going to have to go test for my self. Sucks that I can't use practice mode
This is just what I remember. The drones may be random, but I remembered them following a pattern.

kaname

Noob
I could very well be watching the wrong videos but in my quest to learn the game I've watched a ton of tournament footage, top 8 stuff, and a decent number of youtubers and I've yet to see a large amount of interactable game play (minus dumpster play). It seems most people winning are winning with their skill set / character. I'm just not seeing the footage where most matches are being won due to interactable usage.

Maybe it is a big deal but honestly I see more interactable abuse online than I do in tournament footage.

Decay

King of the Bill
I never feel like the interactables are too cheap. Maybe when I first bought the game and some interactables were just too unfair, but now a days, they seem to just add flavor to the game. If you're fighting against MMH, the flavor tends to be death.

I could very well be watching the wrong videos but in my quest to learn the game I've watched a ton of tournament footage, top 8 stuff, and a decent number of youtubers and I've yet to see a large amount of interactable game play (minus dumpster play). It seems most people winning are winning with their skill set / character. I'm just not seeing the footage where most matches are being won due to interactable usage.

Maybe it is a big deal but honestly I see more interactable abuse online than I do in tournament footage.
I think this is just your perception. When someone OTGs with an interactable for 20% that damage happens within the span of a couple seconds. Compare that to when someone lands a bnb corner combo for 40% where the combo lasts 4-6 seconds. Obviously over the grand scheme of the match the corner bnb is more memorable. But 20% is no joke and can easily be the determining factor for a match win, and a couple of them in a match and you've got the equivalent of someone who worked to get a corner bnb.

Another aspect to consider is that even though players may not be using an interactables in a match, there's a great chance that they are still adjusting the way they play the match because of them. I think if you look at MMH matches you're obviously not going to see his opponent touch them for fear of getting blown up. Which brings us to the heart of the topic in that why is it fair that some characters like MMH and Zod get 100% interactable control. The argument that's been made for this is that interactables are in the game for balance, but there is no supporting evidence for this argument nor does it logically make sense given how powerful some of the characters who control them are without them.

kaname

Noob
I think this is just your perception. When someone OTGs with an interactable for 20% that damage happens within the span of a couple seconds. Compare that to when someone lands a bnb corner combo for 40% where the combo lasts 4-6 seconds. Obviously over the grand scheme of the match the corner bnb is more memorable. But 20% is no joke and can easily be the determining factor for a match win, and a couple of them in a match and you've got the equivalent of someone who worked to get a corner bnb.

Another aspect to consider is that even though players may not be using an interactables in a match, there's a great chance that they are still adjusting the way they play the match because of them. I think if you look at MMH matches you're obviously not going to see his opponent touch them for fear of getting blown up. Which brings us to the heart of the topic in that why is it fair that some characters like MMH and Zod get 100% interactable control. The argument that's been made for this is that interactables are in the game for balance, but there is no supporting evidence for this argument nor does it logically make sense given how powerful some of the characters who control them are without them.

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
Time to voice my opinion. Plaiin and simply keep them on. If it's apart of the gameplay and mechanics then I see no problem. Everyone can say "footsie" and etc, but it's like Halo and their grenades. If you can 4 shot with ease then you're respected, but if you throw a grenade first and shoot once then your not respected. I think using interacables to add that extra damage in KD is like using a grenade to get that easy kill. Not saying let's make it easy, but if it's there, why not use it to your full advantage.

TKB

Noob
lol

Have fun fighting Sinestro, Zod, Deathstroke and Martian throwing shit at you and zoning your ass Oh! and Batgirl blows up dynamite shit in your face.

What Perfect Legend brings up, this could very well be a universal buff for you and other characters but you are just too stupid to realize it.
Okay, please do not cite characters you don't know about. Deathstroke doesn't throw shit, he isn't a power character. Disabling interactibles takes away a HUGE aspect of his gameplay which is BGB and bomb resets. He needs it and so does quite a few other characters. You would be nerfing characters tenfold compared to the positive aspects of banning interactibles.