What's new

Interactables need to be disabled for tournament play

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Not in the same category as MMH and Zod.

I disagree with P2W that Zod has better interactable control than MMH. They are on the same level. MMH can set out orbs to keep you away from the interactable. If you don't have a tool to get around the orb (air dash, air hitting move, etc) then you are basically going to get hit.

Edit: I fixed it. Thank you for pointing it out...again...and again..and again :)
you're joking right?

Sinestro's trait only runs out on his terms....
You go for an interactable.... traited
He goes for an interactable... eat trait shot and intereactable.... or just block and still eat interactable.

How is this any different?

Captain Oxygen

The end of one combo is the beginning of another
Getting rid of interactibles is throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

You'd do less collateral damage to the game's meta if you simply banned the DLC characters, given those characters tend to have control over interactibles that actually make it unfair.

I still think it's ridiculous we're talking about banning interactibles before DLC characters- when we openly acknowledge these characters aren't designed to be balanced, but they're designed to be so good they sell.

So, why not try a tournament with DLC characters banned? Just make an exception that Captain Oxygen can still play whoever the hell he wants.
Aww yea boiy! Only one allowed to use DLC characters!
EVO HERE I COME, Y'all better watch out. Everyone who takes the game seriously has dropped these DLC characters so you have no one to train against! Beat up against the training dummy all you want! It doesn't matter, no amount of training wheels will save you from THE MAIN MAIN!!!

In all seriousness though, I don't understand this thread? Banning interactables because they're bullshit and DLC characters benefit too much from the bullshit? That's a ridiculous rationale and I seriously don't wanna see that happen. Interactables were designed to be stupid free damage, and it's something the community has dealt with since the game came out, we all thought they would be silly casual nonsense, but since then have accepted that they have been implemented well enough to keep in competitive. It makes the game more interesting too, and it was obvious from the getgo some characters would develop overtime to be much more effective with them.

It's also silly to think that NRS has purposefully made the DLC characters "broken" or "op" so people would buy them? What DOES make sense is that NRS simply spent more time designing the DLC characters, which makes sense since they are focusing on releasing a Single character. Nothing can withstand design oversight though, Martian Manhunter was never "designed" to be the best character in the game, he just happened to be designed poorly in some aspects, in the Livestream NRS held to showcase MMH they said he had some weaknesses... to which all of them are complete and utter trash.

TLDR dont ban stuff imm win evo ggs pece

RIF

Noob
you're joking right?

Sinestro's trait only runs out on his terms....
You go for an interactable.... traited
He goes for an interactable... eat trait shot and intereactable.... or just block and still eat interactable.

How is this any different?

- For one, Sinestro needs to build trait. That alone means he's not nearly as good abusing interactables. Yes, you said Sinestro with trait, but take the 'getting' trait into account, please.
- Trait doesn't always track properly depending on the player's trajectory
- It doesn't run out on his terms. You can clash or transition
- He doesn't need trait to stop you from grabbing an interactable. He can use Boulders. This same tactic can be used by other characters: WoWo w/IADG, Deathstroke with Air Guns, etc...etc..
- His grounded movement and jumps aren't the best. He is certainly more susceptible than MMH, Zod, Batman, and Batgirl to getting hit with interactables.

I will agree that if he is near an interactable, trait shot to keep the opponent pinned is quite strong.

So, no, I am not joking.

I'd put Sinestro with Lex, Batman, and Batgirl in terms of interactable control. High, but not as high as MMH and Zod.

Last edited:

haketh

Noob
THEIRS NOTHING RANDOM ABOUT INTERACTABLES

IF YOU USE THIS POINT YOUR POSITION IS NULL AND VOID

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
- For one, Sinestro needs to build trait. That alone means he's not nearly as good abusing interactables. Yes, you said Sinestro with trait, but take the 'getting' trait into account, please.
- It doesn't run out on his terms. You can clash or transition
These two make sense.

RIF

Noob

There's something wrong with your post.

Interactables are not random, the way stages are selected in tournament is. As such when you attend a tournament your match-ups have a good chance of being random. IF U DOUGHNT UNDERTAND DIS POINT YOU'RE POSITION IS VOID AND ZERO!11!

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
I REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLYYYYYY want to see a Tourney (it can me a local) run with Interactables OFF.

Why not wait and watch/play that to make judgments, or just see wtf happens?

I for one am VERY curious how the Top Tier of players and Chars would fair.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Isn't that the way NRS designs all their games?
Somewhat. Mechanically, yes. NRS games have a ton of things that are simply not traditional for fighting games. Balance-wise, MK9 is the first one they took seriously on balancing, and for the most part, the character power levels were generally high, but not something too absurd. Injustice is just designed, balance-wise, to have everyone do something that's at the very least mildly stupid.

I'm all for breaking tradition- but I kinda like the tradition that character design should keep balance as a higher priority than making them so good as to sell more.
That's not really the developer's faults, though, tbh. Yes, they're very powerful characters, but you're not always going to see how things will pan out. Zod and MMH took a lot of fleshing out before you actually saw their ridiculousness. It wasn't right off the bat that they were that good. It took time, considering they were being cast into a game months after release. People still aren't sure of what to make of Zatanna. Lobo, while he gained added tools, had a number of things people are just now really beginning to see and it's becoming more apparent that he wasn't as terrible as originally perceived (still was low tier). Scorpion got nerfed heavily early on, and people have seen that maybe some of the things he originally had were pretty much reasonable to an extent.

You can't blame the developers for this all. You don't know how a character will end up until later on. For all we know, these characters could've honestly sucked in the long run. And there's only so much internal testing you can do. Even if they had brought back high level players to test them, it's likely they would've only found so much in the time they had. Games don't get fleshed out by 4-5 players, because those 4-5 players won't think of everything.

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
that really isn't much different for the other characters...... it isn't like their timer "stops" during these things

yeesh........ lemme know the next time someone Super's you btw.

Two good examples sandwhiching a bill.
The WoWo (Foxy). B2 Super!

And Sinestro works for his trait while other characters get theirs for pretty much free. So no one is allowed to bitch about it.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
The WoWo (Foxy). B2 Super!

And Sinestro works for his trait while other characters get theirs for pretty much free. So no one is allowed to bitch about it.
one combo gets you trait...... :p

but yes. I agree. They go lazy with the "recharge" traits building up on their own and not by the player.

So Sinestro is a bill now too then.

4x4lo8o

Noob

This is wrong.
Stage select is random and that ties directly into the interactable discussion. Beyond that some of the moving/respawning appear to have a random element(for example; I think where the Roomba spawns is random and the way the drones on rooftop move doesn't seem to follow a strict pattern).

I sorta get your general point but if you're gonna be so loud and forceful about something you need to be accurate(and grammatically correct)

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
one combo gets you trait...... :p

but yes. I agree. They go lazy with the "recharge" traits building up on their own and not by the player.

So Sinestro is a bill now too then.
I'd also like to add that many characters can avoid interactibles +Sinestro's trait. Some characters like Aquaman can dash under the interactible, which also make the trait shot whiff. Sinestro then gets punished. Zod and Martian's setups are actually guaranteed.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I'd also like to add that many characters can avoid interactibles +Sinestro's trait. Some characters like Aquaman can dash under the interactible, which also make the trait shot whiff. Sinestro then gets punished. Zod and Martian's setups are actually guaranteed.
because I am tired of this discussion

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

lol

I was always interested to see what high level Injustice would look like without interactables at all. It would definitely change the tier list and MUs.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
This is wrong.
Beyond that some of the moving/respawning appear to have a random element(for example; I think where the Roomba spawns is random and the way the drones on rooftop move doesn't seem to follow a strict pattern).

I sorta get your general point but if you're gonna be so loud and forceful about something you need to be accurate(and grammatically correct)
Nah they dont. The roomba always comes from the left side and respawns every 14 seconds. The drones respawn every 6 seconds and usually spawn on the right, center, then left side of the map, they just move back and forth once they spawn like the roomba.